Booing the last kick.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Booing the last kick.

Post by rocktop51 »

I agree that booing is out of order but reading some of the posts above seem to be so patronising and sanctimonious - we all know it's a rarity at Welford Road so get over it and move on.
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

It's the beginning of the end of civilisation! Rugby goes Wendy ball! How am I not surprised?

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

:smt003
RagingBull wrote:
L Smith wrote:
Fair précis of some of the many officiating errors today. I appreciate that when you're passionate about something, it is difficult to show restraint but I want to make this clear: the reason that most people here are so upset is the booing during the kick. Oh, and someone in the Crumbie calling the ref a Berkshire hunt.
I would be upset to I someone said I was from Berkshire.

Disgusting thing to say even if it is true it isn't something to point out to someone.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Ha ha. Back from the pub and this thread has made me laugh...

I loved the over reaction to the little punch their 7 threw when being strangled. Now that was loud...the game has moved on. Booing is the way forward..
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Tomvarndell wrote:Ha ha. Back from the pub and this thread has made me laugh...

I loved the over reaction to the little punch their 7 threw when being strangled. Now that was loud...the game has moved on. Booing is the way forward..
Tom: I thought your tackling was bad but compared to your trolling, it makes you look like a south sea islander... On meths... With toothache

:smt039
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

Booing during a kick is wrong, and is not the Tigers way.

The player taking the kick didn't make the refereeing decision, it wasn't his fault, and he should be able to take his kick with the same level of respect as we would want shown to our kickers.

I was pleased to hear not too far away from me in the Crumbie stand a fan asking the booing fans to be quiet. Well done sir, you were standing up for the standards we hold so dear in rugby.

The ref was a muppet, he may well have cost us the game, I too was livid, and at different times I voiced some of my frustration. But for the kicks we should all be quiet.
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

Personally I think the title is wrong, I hope and I am fairly sure that the boo's wasn't aimed towards the kicker, but instead towards the officials.
If there were ones that were booing the kicker then this is unacceptable, it wasn't his fault the officials were poor.
It wasn't a positive experience and one I hope doesn't happen again.
Can't see Garner getting a good reception next time he runs out at WR.

In the first half the touch judge on the Crumbie side mistakenly called Miles Benjamin "Topsi" trying to order him to ensure the Tigers backs dont move any further forward in the defence line. He was a little puzzled when Benjamin didnt react!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Are you seriously telling me then that the booing during the kick was okay because it was directed at the referee rather than the kicker?
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

Urm...No.
If people want to boo the ref they should do it during the kick
thevorpalblade

Post by thevorpalblade »

Relax everyone. It's not the end of the world. Leicester Tigers have good (and bad) and honest and loyal and passionate supporters like every other team (including mine).

We live in the professional era where success matters to everyone. Bragging rights remain important but winning is much more than that: European Rugby, sponsorship, relegation, trophy hunting, money...etc etc are all affected. The desire to win affects players and supp8orters alike.

All players push the permitted boundaries on the field to see what they can get away with and I would describe that as cheating. Can this be right? Supporters can only vocalise their opinion if, in their opinion, there is something wrong to their eyes.

I certainly don't condone football behaviour but if you approve of professional rugby then you have to move with the times. (But not the Sarries model). However if, like me, you harken back to the amateur days, then I sympathise.

I am all for passionate support. Professionalism has long been with us, yet you wish the supporters to remain stuck in the 70s.
We need to redefine acceptable behaviour. Booing yes. Swearing no.
Silence at kicks? Why?

I look forward to my next visit to my favourite 'away' ground and to exchange banter with equally passionate supporters.
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

the man next to me started to say abusive things towards the ref and the and started booing. was just disgraceful
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Then subtly report him to the stewards!

Some years ago I called a steward because a seated spectator was abusive towards a female fan and the club did investigate.

Booing is unpleasant but abuse of officials with foul language should get him thrown out.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

If anyone should have been booed it should have been the Muppet who gave a way a pointless penalty in our own 22.

Unacceptable behaviour and not worthy of Tigers fans.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Its done its happened no amount of bashing fellow Tigers supporters will change it. We move on to hopefully better times :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

It's not exactly the first time it's happened is it? I can remember it happening at least half a dozen times in the last few years I've been coming to Tigers and the circumstances under which it happens are always the same - a totally unreasonable and unfair penalty ward. It WILL happen again - we grudgingly applaud good scores against us and mutter when we don't like being scored against but live with it. These booing sessions should be seen for what they are - a total collapse of sanity in the application of the laws of the game.

Yesterday was cumulative - a chain of clearly inaccurate decisions and a steady ignoring of facets of the laws. When they scored it was following a kick off where the LI player who caught the ball was metres offside at the kick-off. Salvi was blown up for one of the penalties they scored from for not releasing when he was the only Tiger over the ball and hadn't even been involved in the tackle!

We lost because we didn't take our chances but the ref 'lost' the crowd by the 30th minute: sad really because he'd been spot on to spot the obstruction to disallow their early 'try', but it all went downhill from there.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."