Booing the last kick.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Booing the last kick.

Post by L Smith »

dunks43 wrote:yes I booed the kick before the kick , after the kick and the ref when leaving the pitch, didn't hear anyone booing during the kick, yes it wasn't completely silent as it usually is , but heard a few grumblings from the crumbie seating but definatly no booings during the kick though And I was standing next to the irish guy in the hat and dress and had great banter with him and his friends
Okay Dunks, I'll take you at face value but I will question your level of hearing! Was your banter executed in sign language, per chance? :smt043
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

I have never heard that much booing before a kick at ANY game in this division before let alone at the Tigers. For the first time ever I was ashamed to be a member of this Club but if this is the way we are going my days as a season ticket holder are numbered :smt022
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

It so embrassing when our Players start tweeting about it:

https://twitter.com/ShazamHarrison/stat ... 4192834561

Some supporters and I mean just some are so self entitled at times and imo have been Spoilt by our pretty outstanding record.
LeicesterImp

Post by LeicesterImp »

I seem to be in the minority here as I am not upset by the booing during the final kick. Fans were frustrated so it's not surprising that it spilled over. Towards the end of the game there was actually a sense of atmosphere for once, a bit of "edge" to the normal crowd.
While I am not for turning the crowd into that of a football match I feel there is nothing wrong with this mild act of "rebellion". It shows people have some passion. Why should they stand in silence like they are in a school assembly?
I was stood near the Irish Bishop/Pope and there was banter flying around all afternoon with people having pictures taken with him pre match. Both sets of fans seemed to enjoy this interaction. Again it brought some atmosphere which is what the terraces are all about.
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

I was ashamed of some of our supporters behaviour! Taking our frustrations out on the opposition kicker is just not acceptable!
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Bundy wrote:I have never heard that much booing before a kick at ANY game in this division before let alone at the Tigers. For the first time ever I was ashamed to be a member of this Club but if this is the way we are going my days as a season ticket holder are numbered :smt022
Well if my memory serves me right booing accompanied a penalty kick by Paddy Jackson in our home leg against Ulster at Welford Rd last season.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

No excuses and there was booing throughout the kick not just before or after the kick. I have been to games where people have booed and slow-handclapped the ref for a decision but then silence for the kicker. Totally unacceptable. Bad losers springs to mind. Its alright respecting the kickers when your team has been winning for years but a true measure is how the fans react when times are bad. Last week I was not ashamed to be a Tigers fan but disappointed, this week I was disappointed with the result but ashamed to be associated with so called Tigers fans.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

LeicesterImp wrote:I seem to be in the minority here as I am not upset by the booing during the final kick. Fans were frustrated so it's not surprising that it spilled over. Towards the end of the game there was actually a sense of atmosphere for once, a bit of "edge" to the normal crowd.
While I am not for turning the crowd into that of a football match I feel there is nothing wrong with this mild act of "rebellion". It shows people have some passion. Why should they stand in silence like they are in a school assembly?
There is a difference between a atmosphere being out of order.

I do sometimes feel tigers fan can be to quiet but the silence at the kick has been a long tradition, and supporters need to be more self disciplined and used that frustration more towards egging on the team.

I doubt as a player that hearing boos even aimed at the ref or the opposition will motivate them.

That's what I hate about the shed is that they mix atmosphere with just being loud even in a negative way.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Being sanctimonious is not a quality that I aspire to.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

The announcement over the PA system said it all: "Remember, guys: this is Tigers".

Is it just me or was this crossing of the line actually worse than the home defeat?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

L Smith wrote:The announcement over the PA system said it all: "Remember, guys: this is Tigers".

Is it just me or was this crossing of the line actually worse than the home defeat?
It left a nasty after taste to losing at home.
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

L Smith wrote:
dunks43 wrote:yes I booed the kick before the kick , after the kick and the ref when leaving the pitch, didn't hear anyone booing during the kick, yes it wasn't completely silent as it usually is , but heard a few grumblings from the crumbie seating but definatly no booings during the kick though And I was standing next to the irish guy in the hat and dress and had great banter with him and his friends
Okay Dunks, I'll take you at face value but I will question your level of hearing! Was your banter executed in sign language, per chance? :smt043
Sorry I don't know sign language, but frustrations will boil over as during the game there were numerous decisions that the officials got wrong..... 2 linouts weren't straight , 1 irish and 1 Tigers yet due to the officials positioning couldn't be spotted. 1 tigers attack was stopped due to forward pass yet the tv replay showed it going backwards and then also in the 1st half an irish penalty was reversed as there number 7 punched Jamie Gibson after referring to the tmo, yet no card to the no. 7 .isn't a punch a card offence ?
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

dunks43 wrote:
L Smith wrote:
Sorry I don't know sign language, but frustrations will boil over as during the game there were numerous decisions that the officials got wrong..... 2 linouts weren't straight , 1 irish and 1 Tigers yet due to the officials positioning couldn't be spotted. 1 tigers attack was stopped due to forward pass yet the tv replay showed it going backwards and then also in the 1st half an irish penalty was reversed as there number 7 punched Jamie Gibson after referring to the tmo, yet no card to the no. 7 .isn't a punch a card offence ?
Fair précis of some of the many officiating errors today. I appreciate that when you're passionate about something, it is difficult to show restraint but I want to make this clear: the reason that most people here are so upset is the booing during the kick. Oh, and someone in the Crumbie calling the ref a Berkshire hunt.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

L Smith wrote:
Fair précis of some of the many officiating errors today. I appreciate that when you're passionate about something, it is difficult to show restraint but I want to make this clear: the reason that most people here are so upset is the booing during the kick. Oh, and someone in the Crumbie calling the ref a Berkshire hunt.
I would be upset to If someone said I was from Berkshire.

Disgusting thing to say even if it is true it isn't something to point out to someone.
Last edited by RagingBull on Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

The booing was out of order and is something I hope will not be repeated at Welford Road.

However, it is up to us to inform these idiots that we don't tolerate this behaviour at our club.

Do not let them spoil our club!