A Question To The Anti-Cockers Brigade

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

A Question To The Anti-Cockers Brigade

Post by kpj tiger »

After reading the amount of anti-cockers comments calling for his resignation, who is out there that these people would like to see take charge at Tigers, for me there isn't any available managers we could bring in that offer a probable improvement over cockerill
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: A Question To The Anti-Cockers Brigade

Post by RagingBull »

kpj tiger wrote:After reading the amount of anti-cockers comments calling for his resignation, who is out there that these people would like to see take charge at Tigers, for me there isn't any available managers we could bring in that offer a probable improvement over cockerill
Haven't heard many here mention it for a bit.

Twitter/Facebook is the worse for it.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

I always though Cockers was keeping the job warm for Martin Johnson - his time with England delayed things but now may be his time.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RagingBull wrote:
kpj tiger wrote:After reading the amount of anti-cockers comments calling for his resignation, who is out there that these people would like to see take charge at Tigers, for me there isn't any available managers we could bring in that offer a probable improvement over cockerill
Haven't heard many here mention it for a bit.

Twitter/Facebook is the worse for it.
True this forum and the unoffy haven't been to bad, but I thought it was an interesting topic to discuss, as I said in the top post I can't think of many unemployed managers that we could attract that offer much of an improvement
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I mean I guess some could say we should of gotten jake white when we had the chance.

but he hasn't won any finals since the WC.

Mind you how many former Leicester players are coaches in the top flights.

Ollie smith
Brian Smith
Eddie Jones
Aaron Mauger
Daryl Gibson
Graham Rowntree
Dorian west

I'm sure there is more about if I did some diging.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

also forgot Jamie Hamilton
Dean Richards
John wells.
Last edited by RagingBull on Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

We've lost two matches in a row and only one of the front five could be considered first choice, have a scratch centre pairing, and continuity within the team that couldn't be worse due to the mounting injuries and (far fewer) recoveries.

Anyone calling for any of the coaching staffs' heads at this stage needs to jog on and find another club to go an whinge about. Bad times happen occasionally.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Hot_Charlie wrote:We've lost two matches in a row and only one of the front five could be considered first choice, have a scratch centre pairing, and continuity within the team that couldn't be worse due to the mounting injuries and (far fewer) recoveries.

Anyone calling for any of the coaching staffs' heads at this stage needs to jog on and find another club to go an whinge about. Bad times happen occasionally.
:smt023 +1
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Louis

Post by Louis »

Hot_Charlie,

You couldn't be more right. Well said!
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

Totally agree, no one could manage with our injury list at present.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I am fine with RC as a coach but if he ever did decide to move on the only man I would wish to see coaching Tigers in his place is Dean Richards with John Wells and Pat howrd by his side - we can but dream
covrich

Post by covrich »

What would a different coach do with our Injury list?

It may be that at the end of the season maybe having a change is worth it but I don't think we can judge on this basis now..

Wait until April when we have a full power tight 5 (whilst a more experienced reserves) some centres and some continuity in how we are able to play.

I only have the radio commentary to go by but it sounded like we played with a good effort, we are throwing together what we can at the minute..

Stick with it, I always say the hard times... the tough times these are what make us appreciate the good times!!

I may sound like an optimist, I am not a fanboi or hater of RC , but I do think we should wait until March April time to see where we are and what we are doing then.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

A different coach might not have sent an exhausted out Balmain back on.
A different coach might have kicked Crane up the behind when he got yellow carded and gave away a soft penalty, rather than patting him on the head in sympathy (Geordan)
A different coach might have brought on Harrison at some point to provide fresh legs and impetus.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

mol2 wrote:A different coach might not have sent an exhausted out Balmain back on.
A different coach might have kicked Crane up the behind when he got yellow carded and gave away a soft penalty, rather than patting him on the head in sympathy (Geordan)
A different coach might have brought on Harrison at some point to provide fresh legs and impetus.
A different coach might have recruited better players in the first place.

A different coach might not have had Ben Youngs as captain.

A different coach might have had Harrison on mid way through the second half, along with Briggs.

A different coach might be able to adjust tactics during the game to suit the circumstances.

We'll never know though what might have happened in these scenarios.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I'm not in the 'sack Cockers now' camp (if indeed there is one?), but a few of us chatted it through after the game on Saturday and there were a few in the 'can Cockers take us any further camp?'.

On the subject of the coaches, I am amazed Geordan Murphy's role isn't being questioned at all. I've said before a few times that when you read his book he bemoans how the Tigers management often curtailed his flair and sense of adventure when he played. 15 months into the job and where is the flair and adventure in our back-line under Mr G. Murphy? A simple question: are our backs better and more threatening last season and this compared to 2012-13? Forget the injuries - we still have plenty of weapons. Benjamin looked lively on Saturday IMHO… well he looked lively the 2 times he was given the ball. And Tait in particular has gone backwards in the last 15 months…
I always though Cockers was keeping the job warm for Martin Johnson
Not a change I'd welcome now. Let's not get confused with great player automatically = great coach.