A Question To The Anti-Cockers Brigade

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: A Question To The Anti-Cockers Brigade

Post by tigerburnie »

Noddy555 wrote:To all posters, it is not a question of being Anti Cockers, but let's say more pro the club. The club is bigger than any one person even the coach. If Cockers cannot solve the problems and pretty soon, then he becomes the problem and will be eventually removed anyway. Our board is not noted for it's patience. I feel if we lose against quins on Friday Richards situation will become very tenuous. God forbid that such a loss would put us in 11th place, that's something we've never experioenced in the professional era of Rugby Union. If I were a board member that would clinch it for me however nice I thought Richard was personally.
Slight inaccuracy there, we have been in 11th position before. I am sure the players, coaches and the board are all aware of how hard this weekends match against the Quinns is going to be. I am attending a family funeral in Leicester early next week, so I may actually join my brother at Welford Road, he's a regular down there, this friday.
Last edited by tigerburnie on Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

It's funny how many posters have "left this forum" but continue to post.

:smt017 :smt006 :smt015
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

ourla wrote:It's funny how many posters have "left this forum" but continue to post.

:smt017 :smt006 :smt015
Who are they Ourla :smt017
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I'm not keeping track but I reckon I've heard a handful of posters say it in the last few days.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

ourla wrote:I'm not keeping track but I reckon I've heard a handful of posters say it in the last few days.
Oh that failed miserably but I guess one may be a puppet :smt002
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

For goodness sake!
Look at the injury list, absolutely massive and a 1st team squad stretched beyond the limits with so many obvious differing reasons for the injuries.
Then look at the A League and academy results, more importantly go along and watch and view performances instead which is a much better barometer, know the opposition and understand the level required on each seperate occasion.
It paints a clear enough picture, it's not rocket science.
Cheery chappy
kend
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by kend »

Noddy555 wrote:To all posters, it is not a question of being Anti Cockers, but let's say more pro the club. The club is bigger than any one person even the coach. If Cockers cannot solve the problems and pretty soon, then he becomes the problem and will be eventually removed anyway. Our board is not noted for it's patience. I feel if we lose against quins on Friday Richards situation will become very tenuous. God forbid that such a loss would put us in 11th place, that's something we've never experioenced in the professional era of Rugby Union. If I were a board member that would clinch it for me however nice I thought Richard was personally.
Strikes me a loss to Quins is the most likely outcome. I doubt that would be a breaking point though. The question I guess the board will ask is whether there is anything Cockers could or should have done to anticipate or better manage the situation. Bearing in mind they will have had oversight of the planning for the season, it seems to me the answer to that is no.

The other factor is Cockers is about two years into a five year deal. A dismissal, presumably, wouldn't be cheap. IMHO the red line (perhaps a contractual red line) could be the failure to qualify for Europe. I stress this is pure speculation :smt002
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

*sigh*
what I said was that discussion and debate can and should continue, but not if people insist on being personally insulting or personally attacking other users instead of entering into said discussion/debate. That is not "paying lip service" in my view it is simply good manners, civility and respect for others.
If people choose to take that as a reason to stop posting, to "go elsewhere" or whatever, I can't help that. All that is asked is that people don't descend to personal abuse and insult.

(and for what it's worth, I am not a "proper fan" either as I can no longer attend matches for health and family reasons, nor are the moderators paid by or employed by the Club as was suggested to me via PM. We do this in our own time, voluntarily, and for no reward or payment therefore we are not "club employees".)
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Cockers abilities are limited and in this situation they are inadequte

His skills lie in cabinet making , being a landlord , being a rugby player, a forwards coach, a head coach, a director of rugby.........non of these talents, extensive though they may be, are of any use to Tigers at the moment

We need to sack him immediately and replace him with 2 new employees - Firstly a General surgeon and secondly a youth Worker!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

ForTigerburnie as I am 67 perhaps your memory is better than mine, can you let me know when we were last in 11th place. I've been a fan since I came to live in the East Midlands in 1973 and I pride myself on my memory but can't remember a time as bad as this.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Noddy555 wrote:ForTigerburnie as I am 67 perhaps your memory is better than mine, can you let me know when we were last in 11th place. I've been a fan since I came to live in the East Midlands in 1973 and I pride myself on my memory but can't remember a time as bad as this.
2011. If it wasn't for a end of the game try against falcons by a Mafi (wasn't picked by tonga) it would have been 12th.

http://www.leicestertigers.com/rugby/1s ... =2011-2012