A Question To The Anti-Cockers Brigade

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: A Question To The Anti-Cockers Brigade

Post by Smudge »

What should not be confused is that being anti Cockers is not being anti-Tigers.

It is not disloyal to question where we are going and the abilities of those
charged with taking us there.
Blindly accepting the mediocre is foolish, to put it mildly.

Are the supporters who want a change in the coaching now at brigade strength?

Certainly growing at a pace, from the pals I am talking to.
A life long Tiger
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Smudge wrote:What should not be confused is that being anti Cockers is not being anti-Tigers.

It is not disloyal to question where we are going and the abilities of those
charged with taking us there.
Blindly accepting the mediocre is foolish, to put it mildly.

Are the supporters who want a change in the coaching now at brigade strength?

Certainly growing at a pace, from the pals I am talking to.
Funny that, everyone I talk to(and that runs into dozens right accross the rugby arena)don't want a coaching change. Are you related to Alex Salmond by any chance? he kept trotting out unsubstantiated sound bites as fact, he lost and is now out of a job.
Last edited by tigerburnie on Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

I believe it is time for a change, and before anyone starts I like Cockers! However my belief is that he has done the best he can at Tigers. It may well be that we do make the playoffs at the end of this season, does that mean he should stay? Not as far as I am concerned, it will just be another wallpapering excercise. Even given the salary cap hinderance this club should be competing at a higher level in Europe.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

fentiger wrote:I believe it is time for a change, and before anyone starts I like Cockers! However my belief is that he has done the best he can at Tigers. It may well be that we do make the playoffs at the end of this season, does that mean he should stay? Not as far as I am concerned, it will just be another wallpapering excercise. Even given the salary cap hinderance this club should be competing at a higher level in Europe.
Last season it was universally accepted we needed a defence coach, now one is in place and has not been given any time to do his job. We are consistently at the top on tries scored and with a full strength pack we were doing fine there too.Which coach in the world is going to stop us knocking on ball or having to field players out of position due to injuries, some of which were not happening when playing for the Tigers. I notice a certain player due to be the salvation of English rugby got his cheek bone busted, should we blame England or Barf for that?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Santa Clause wrote:-
Funny that, everyone I talk to(and that runs into dozens right accross the rugby arena)don't want a coaching change. Are you related to Alex Salmond by any chance? he kept trotting out unsubstantiated sound bites as fact, he lost and is now out of a job.
Same old rubbish. Santa (Burnie), you don't go to the games.
You don't go to the club functions.
You don't go to oval park.
Your information, quoted ad-nauseum, is the pap you get from journos or from other
self deluded posters.
In fact you don't even exist. A figment of imagination. Red suit and beard.

I cordially invite you to join us if you can ever be bothered to get to Welford Rd.,
and I will gladly buy you a pint of Guiness and introduce you to loads of supporters who think like me.
You know, those real people who you claim don't exist!
Real people, who played the game and are knowledgeable of both it and the club.
Who are also "hand in the pocket", paying supporters.
A life long Tiger
Tigerswin

Post by Tigerswin »

Oh dear, can someone from among the moderators please tell smudge to stop the bullying, obnoxious and down right insulting remarks to other posters, in particular tigerburnie who seems to have the patience of a saint dealing with the remarks. I certainly do not have the patience to do so! How many people have stopped using the forum because of smudge's rhetoric ... Probably quite a few more than smudge's drinking partners who are probably equally bored with his comments. Love to be stood or sat next to smudge, because I would very politely ask smudge to be quiet if you started berating Mr Cockerill in my presence at a game...maybe would ask to have smudge removed from the ground by the stewards ... as smudge is almost certainly causing serious offence to the majority of Tigers supporters. Anyone anti the coaches is anti-tigers!
shedhead1

Post by shedhead1 »

Tigerswin wrote:Oh dear, can someone from among the moderators please tell smudge to stop the bullying, obnoxious and down right insulting remarks to other posters, in particular tigerburnie who seems to have the patience of a saint dealing with the remarks. I certainly do not have the patience to do so! How many people have stopped using the forum because of smudge's rhetoric ... Probably quite a few more than smudge's drinking partners who are probably equally bored with his comments. Love to be stood or sat next to smudge, because I would very politely ask smudge to be quiet if you started berating Mr Cockerill in my presence at a game...maybe would ask to have smudge removed from the ground by the stewards ... as smudge is almost certainly causing serious offence to the majority of Tigers supporters. Anyone anti the coaches is anti-tigers!
I Find Mr Griffins comments on the verge of bullying. Back to Kingsholm on Saturday, how quiet were the crowd when Williams took his kicks ...very respectful
Bob
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

shedhead1 wrote:
Tigerswin wrote:Oh dear, can someone from among the moderators please tell smudge to stop the bullying, obnoxious and down right insulting remarks to other posters, in particular tigerburnie who seems to have the patience of a saint dealing with the remarks. I certainly do not have the patience to do so! How many people have stopped using the forum because of smudge's rhetoric ... Probably quite a few more than smudge's drinking partners who are probably equally bored with his comments. Love to be stood or sat next to smudge, because I would very politely ask smudge to be quiet if you started berating Mr Cockerill in my presence at a game...maybe would ask to have smudge removed from the ground by the stewards ... as smudge is almost certainly causing serious offence to the majority of Tigers supporters. Anyone anti the coaches is anti-tigers!
I Find Mr Griffins comments on the verge of bullying. Back to Kingsholm on Saturday, how quiet were the crowd when Williams took his kicks ...very respectful
Bob
Which comments? The one about a pair of well-spoken drunk Glaws supporters verbally threatening my wife while crowding her against the rails? The reason I don't go to Kingsholm - because I go to all matches with my wife and she refuses to go there? Sorry if that is bullying by me!

Tigerburnie is alive and kicking up in Scotland, a gentleman and a Tigers fan. Smudge is simply wrong, ungentlemanly and unnecessarily insulting.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

As with many before it, this thread has lost the plot.
It starts with different opinions, then comes the arguments and snide remarks and finally the "he said, she said, they started it rubbish"
People have differing opinions on things, surely that's the whole point of a forum, just because someone has a different opinion, it doesn't make theirs any less valid surely.

I'm just going to stick to the going to the games and give the forum a miss, we never seem to have this much pettiness there.
shedhead1

Post by shedhead1 »

jgriffin wrote:
shedhead1 wrote:
Bob
Which comments? The one about a pair of well-spoken drunk Glaws supporters verbally threatening my wife while crowding her against the rails? The reason I don't go to Kingsholm - because I go to all matches with my wife and she refuses to go there? Sorry if that is bullying by me!

Tigerburnie is alive and kicking up in Scotland, a gentleman and a Tigers fan. Smudge is simply wrong, ungentlemanly and unnecessarily insulting.
Mr Griffin...It was the reference to the word' animals' that you used on Saturday night on this forum and I note that you have not referred to this in your message tonight - I do not want to get on the wrong side of your Mods and I hope they see this as me being defensive from me and no more, so I hope my message is left in. ALL clubs (inc Leicester) have there share of obnoxious supporters (I can make claim to this 2 years ago at The Glaws game at Welford Rd when we were in the Crumbie and we had pig and farm animal noises made in our direction..I certainly did not react and the 3 Leicester supportor friends I had with me apoligised and told the 2 Tigers fans to sit down and shut up.
On Saturday the Kingsholm crowd was very respectful towards your Owen Williams on his kicks and were very quiet. Please take note.
Bob
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

In the interests of open discussion we try to let people loose with argument and debate, however accusations of "not being a proper fan" or that someone is not entitled to post here because they cannot (for whatever reason) attend games is - quite simply - not acceptable. NO-ONE - whoever they are and however long they have attended games, has the right to tell another person they are not a proper fan or to try and prevent them from posting. Any continuation of that kind of insulting or offensive posting will result in a week's ban.

You are all sensible adult people - you should be able to discuss and debate without rudeness, insult or abuse - be civil and respect the right of others to have their opinion, express that opinion on here whether you agree with it or not. ALL users have now been warned openly, the next stepping over the line will get you a week's ban.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Smudge wrote: Same old rubbish. Santa (Burnie), you don't go to the games.
You don't go to the club functions.
You don't go to oval park.
Your information, quoted ad-nauseum, is the pap you get from journos or from other
self deluded posters.
In fact you don't even exist. A figment of imagination. Red suit and beard.

I cordially invite you to join us if you can ever be bothered to get to Welford Rd.,
and I will gladly buy you a pint of Guiness and introduce you to loads of supporters who think like me.
You know, those real people who you claim don't exist!
Real people, who played the game and are knowledgeable of both it and the club.
Who are also "hand in the pocket", paying supporters.
Smudge, you always presume everyone will take what you say as gospel and that no one else has any comments to make of value. You have no idea who I talk to or whether they are "knowledgeable or not" As I have said before you and your mates opinions are just that, opinions, not fact.
I prefer to trust the board and let them make the decisions from a position of knowledge, not what their drinking mates think. Tigers is a business as well as a club and they are better positioned to know more than you(or I) will ever know.
I'm old school about a lot of things in life and I am grown up enough to know that like most other things in life, things change. I think I know a lot about rugby, but not about playing, coaching or managing a modern side in this day and age. As you have admitted you are also from a similar era to me, I think we can all judge from your posts that you are no better positioned to make any judgement on our clubs needs. You self confessed drive to cause mischief at our club with your vendetta to start some sort of movement against our DOR in the middle of a very serious time for the club, shows you for what you are, disloyal to the Tigers. If you have such concerns that are genuine, why don't you raise your concerns with the board, or attend the annual general meeting and raise the point in person? Perhaps we all know your style and that you wouldn't do that, preferring to make unsubstantiated remarks from the anonymity of a keyboard.
Buying a ticket for a game does not automatically give you any rights, other than to watch the game. When I lived in Leicester I went to Welford when I was not playing myself. Circumstances has taken me out of Leicester, but it has not taken my birth right from the town nor my love of the club I aspired to play for, but didn't make it.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Code: Select all

...You are all sensible adult people..
I'm not :smt004
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

G.K wrote:

Code: Select all

...You are all sensible adult people..
I'm not :smt004
You wouldn't be on here if you were. :smt019
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Your faith in the board, the coaches and the players is admirable but assumes that they must know better.

Experience goes so far but the board and most of the coaching staff have negligible coaching experience outside Leicester Tigers.

I hope that the new defence coach will make an impact (assuming he is allowed too) but I have said for more than 2 seasons that Tigers are not playing as a team. When we are at full strength the individual talents of the players makes up for that, however this team hasn't the same stardust as it had, it hasn't the same degree of on field leadership and because the structure, game plans and an injury plague that means that we need the coaches to make sure that as a team they play as more than the sum of their parts.

Has this coaching set up got that capacity I doubt - if they have it is being stifled somewhere.
I'll still be there come match day as ever.