purdy

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

purdy

Post by amazing tiger »

been watching him tonight and cant understand why we let him go he has got good handlind skills and a lot if strength. also he was part of the england under twenties. my only thought can be that cockers thought at the start of the season he had enough centres.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: purdy

Post by kpj tiger »

Purdy played on the wing for us not center and he could only keep 1 player out of him and Catchpole and he chose Chatchpole, I have to admit every time I saw Purdy play for us in A league and LV I wasn't too impressed but he seems to have found some form at Glous
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Meh, he's never stood out for me. Decent player, but nothing special, yet. He didn't do a huge amount tonight considering the opposition.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Always felt both he and Lewington only ever showed flashes of class for us.... and that was in A league games.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

I'd prefer Lewington. He's got a finish on him. But we are pretty much rammed with wingers.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Why cant people move on, just like the players have. I suppose after tomorrow people will ask the same questions about Lewington and Skivs. Why did we ever let go of that huge bloke who braids his hair, plays on the wing and played against us for Newcastle in our first home game.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Purdy is a great physical specimen but his defensive positioning was dire just as it was last week. He makes Manu look like Allen. Not sure whatskills he has other than a step, certainly looks like he's not much of a passer.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

fentiger wrote:Always felt both he and Lewington only ever showed flashes of class for us.... and that was in A league games.
And in LV Cup games. Which were the only games they got for us. So where else they were supposed to shine, I don't know.

I must admit, I was less impressed by Purdy than by Lewington, who really deserved to get at least ONE game for the first XV (not LV) before being dumped. But both players (along with several more) were certainly rejected too early by Tigers.

It's a pattern.

But that's okay, because we can always bring in players instead.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:Why cant people move on, just like the players have. I suppose after tomorrow people will ask the same questions about Lewington and Skivs. Why did we ever let go of that huge bloke who braids his hair, plays on the wing and played against us for Newcastle in our first home game.
That's right - we have to bear in mind that the club can do no wrong. Ever. And that anyone who questions why our academy player development has dropped off a cliff since around 2009 should keep quiet. Because everything is always rosy. Because the club used to develop players who became Lions, and because we won the Premiership title a couple of years ago.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Lewington was someone I didn't want to go but understand why it all happened.

Prudy out of Pohe, him and catchpole to me didn't show the most even at Nottingham, he is doing well at glous but he is pretty much a route one runner ATM and I don't think think he has the strength to do that against the bigger opposition, Like against Exeter he didn't do much.

Just FYI Skivs moved on due to personal reasons with his family wanting to be nearer.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

RagingBull wrote: Just FYI Skivs moved on due to personal reasons with his family wanting to be nearer.
If Cockers was a decent DoR he'd have relocated Welford Road.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game