Injury news

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Re: Injury news

Post by Noddy555 »

Felt sorry for Mathew Tait he is a good honest player who had just reurned from a long term injury and was re-establishing himself in the first team squad. Get better soon mate we need grafters like you.
Nuttytiger

Post by Nuttytiger »

When will everybody finally get their head around the fact that Cockers doesn't tell the media the truth when it comes to injury returns....Why tell the opposition who will and won't be playing??

On the way to the Gloucester game I said to my wife that I would bet our not insubstantial mortgage on the fact that Burns would play and Williams to centre in place of Bai who really was never going to be fit. When we got to the ground the prophecy came true...shame no Ladbrokes on the way eh?

Just stop all this moaning about not being told about injury returns because you'll never know until kick off where Cockers is concerned...
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Nuttytiger wrote:Why tell the opposition who will and won't be playing??
Indeed so why in that case is there any need to say who is fit and who is not :smt017 Telling porkies is pointless because as you say everyone knows they are just that :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

It's only from my memory - which has often been accused of being flawed :smt002 - but doesn't RC usually use phrases like "we hope to have xyz fit for Saturday" or "player xyz could be out for x weeks"?

Or does that also mean that he is a "liar" ?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

cidermark wrote:It's only from my memory - which has often been accused of being flawed :smt002 - but doesn't RC usually use phrases like "we hope to have xyz fit for Saturday" or "player xyz could be out for x weeks"?
Not usually :smt013
Wes

Post by Wes »

Crofty out for 5-6 weeks having had a screw removed from his knee as it wouldn't settle according to bbc. Shame but pleased it isn't a new injury!
I only live there to wind up the population!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Whilst the age of a player does not determine if and when he gets injured, it surely must have an adverse effect on recovery time compared to a younger player? I wonder if this is a factor in exacerbating our injury problems :smt017
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

sapajo wrote:Whilst the age of a player does not determine if and when he gets injured, it surely must have an adverse effect on recovery time compared to a younger player? I wonder if this is a factor in exacerbating our injury problems :smt017
Cockers was quoted as saying that the Samoans and other South Sea players are inherently slower to heal! As we have quite a few on our books that may be a significant factor?
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

So, now we're in mid October, can we start counting down to when Dan Cole will be back?
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Cole's possibly in the same situation as crofty, I don't think he knows and neither do any of the coaching staff know when he will be fit again for first team action and dates are just thrown out at random.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

So "Leicester Tigers prop Logovi'i Mulipola has had surgery on an Achilles problems and is set to miss between six and eight weeks of action." Croft, having a metal screw removed from his need so out for similar but "long term prognosis good".

Looking at the fixtures I think we are OK up to December given it's LV, AI, the teams we are playing, etc. But then we have two massive months starting with Toulon home and away, followed by the likes of Saints away, Bath at home, etc. We really could do with some of these boys coming back into the fray during that period.

And of course it would be nice not to have any added to the list for a while. Ayerza, Gibson, Kitch, Goneva, Scully, I'm looking at you!!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Croft will have to up his game when he gets back as Gibson progession has been very good and imo shopuldn't be dropped right away for croft when he is fit
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

why are Tigers so reluctant to operate, how often do we see player X was trying to rehab, failed and then needed the op most docs would have sent him for weeks ago?

Unless there is an 80% chance or better that the rehab will work and an op won't be needed just fix the problem it's better in the long run for all concerned.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

RagingBull wrote:Croft will have to up his game when he gets back as Gibson progession has been very good and imo shopuldn't be dropped right away for croft when he is fit
Gibson isn't quite up there with Crofty yet, but he is doing a damn good impression thus far!