Team Vs London Irish

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Team Vs London Irish

Post by kpj tiger »

When was the last time in a prem game that the oldest props on a side including the bench were 23?
doublecarpet

Post by doublecarpet »

And where's Croft?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Lets not forget that Bristow has played a good amount of Primiership games for Welsh and did a good job for them.

Have faith.

If there was ever a excuse for the entire tiger crowd to make some noise it is now, lets be that 16th man.

That backline looks very good (if it stays like that), Goneva will draw more defenders @ 13 than Smith and with that Benjamin, Scully and Tait should have more room, also Burns and Williams should have more space at the back to kick to.

Come on tigers!!!1

:smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Dont understand why pohe isnt included somewhere.
+1. Crackerjack in my mind that Pohe played an A game on Monday when we have so few fit centres!
And where's Croft?
Agreed
it looks a lot better than what I was expecting
Agreed. Back-line gives me hope apart from a fly half in the centre. Front-row need to step up tomorrow. I also agree the bench looks awfully weak!

Great to see Mr Benjamin back!

As for the doomongers, Betfair have us as pretty decent favourites for this one! Can't find odds from the main bookies,
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

It is still a strong team - and stronger than any other team could put out with so many injuries. I agree that it is puzzling why Pohe is not playing. If he was injured on Monday, it shows how stupid it was to play him. I am also puzzled by the forward dominated bench given two of the backs are just coming back from injury.

Tigers by 10 (assuming no more injuries, cards etc)
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Struggling to see us getting much fluency from such a changed line up. Really need the senior players to put in a shift. The one hope is that we can create something for Benjamin and Goneva because those boys are capable of taking half chances, crossing the whitewash and giving everybody a lift. And something to defend. Would be good to keep the full starting XV on the field for an hour!

And yes what's the story with Croft, Logo and Pohe :smt017
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Cripes (a strongr word is intended) barrels are being scraped a bit.
Don't me EVER hear another word about not giving youth its chance with our quartet of props and Mr Wells in the reckoning. I do however like the Bristow/Balmain combo for the future.
It could all go badly tits-up tomorrow. Personally I'm feeling a bit loose in the sphincter region about this. NOT confident BUT we have a double five-eights combo going, a recognised method for the back division. Otherwise, ooooo-er :smt017
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

Pohe is fit (he was at the team run) but Owen has been preferred. To be honest, he wasn't that impressive on Monday night. There are plenty of young fly-halves who have learnt their trade at 12 - Wilko, Flood, Carter, Farrell and now Henry Slade - as long as they have the physicality.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I think Pohe may currently lack the skill for a premiership 12 and the stamina for a AP 13 ATM.

Intersting prospect but imo I prefer Hepetema.

Is Croft being rested/not rushed as we have plenty of Back row options, but the others offer more in terms of bench options.

Crane 8,6,4/5
Pearce 8,6
Barbieri 8,7,6
Well, 6, 4/5

using croft as a Lock option may be pushing him to fair imo.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

... we also haven't got to kick off time yet either. still time for the team to change
cheers
Rich
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Can I please start the post match whinge now? We won but the players played like they have not been together for long. Surely they are professionals and should be able to play like a team, what has Cockers been doing all week? Winning isnt good enough against a team like LI, no bonus point will come back to haunt us at the end of the season. I paid good money to watch this rabble scrape a win and the onions on my burger were burnt too. If we aspire to be the best club in the land why are the burgers not 7.50 and come out of microwave like cardboard. Cockers must get a grip or fall on his bun. I am 5'6" and sit with my mates who are even smaller so if you got a problem with what I am saying you will find it difficult to find me.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

I can only assume that Tigerburnie is bracing himself to post his usual 'This team looks like it could do the job. Come on you Tigers.' Personally I'm with JG on this. Unfortunately I won't be the game due to a previously arranged birthday present for the memsahib but I'll the one wandering around Tate Britain admiring the Turners whilst listening to Bledyn on my phone (with earpiece).. Main event being Beethoven's 9th at the RAH. It looks like it could be a very emotional day

Obviously I fear for the front row but the backs look reasonable providing that Williams can fit into the 12 slot and Tait finds some of his form of old. Without Allen I always worry about our defence though.I just hope they all turn up and give it real go, after that I'll take whatever we can get.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:Can I please start the post match whinge now? We won but the players played like they have not been together for long. Surely they are professionals and should be able to play like a team, what has Cockers been doing all week? Winning isnt good enough against a team like LI, no bonus point will come back to haunt us at the end of the season. I paid good money to watch this rabble scrape a win and the onions on my burger were burnt too. If we aspire to be the best club in the land why are the burgers not 7.50 and come out of microwave like cardboard. Cockers must get a grip or fall on his bun. I am 5'6" and sit with my mates who are even smaller so if you got a problem with what I am saying you will find it difficult to find me.

:smt043 :smt043 :smt043

Nice one smurphs!
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I would think they don't want to risk Pohe too soon at this level whilst recovering from injury.
billhemsley
Tiger Cub

Post by billhemsley »

GS wrote:I can only assume that Tigerburnie is bracing himself to post his usual 'This team looks like it could do the job. Come on you Tigers.' Personally I'm with JG on this. Unfortunately I won't be the game due to a previously arranged birthday present for the memsahib but I'll the one wandering around Tate Britain admiring the Turners whilst listening to Bledyn on my phone (with earpiece).. Main event being Beethoven's 9th at the RAH. It looks like it could be a very emotional day

Obviously I fear for the front row but the backs look reasonable providing that Williams can fit into the 12 slot and Tait finds some of his form of old. Without Allen I always worry about our defence though.I just hope they all turn up and give it real go, after that I'll take whatever we can get.
Beethoven's 9th at the Albert Hall is always to be looked forward to. Lets hope its an Ode to Joy at Welford Road!