Today's game thread v Bath (Away)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Today's game thread v Bath (Away)

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Tigermatt1980 wrote:I feel sorry for the tigers fans who have payed a lot of hard earned money to see that.
I'd ask the club to refund the money, they paid to watch Leicester Tigers not a bunch of amateurs
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Mele likes using the boot and we all know this is risky, you are then relying on the referee in a situation like that, a yellow for me as it wasn't obvious the ball had gone but if you are going to use the boot then you taking the law into your own hands and have to get it right, made no difference to the result as he would have been off anyway.

Harrison needs to play more IMO, with some match fitness and game continuity he would get better and better, great heart from him!
Cheery chappy
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

rockhound wrote:Shall we hide behind the injury crisis- or just keep buying players that are injured
Keep buying 30 year old plus players they are cheap, injured and as today shows unavailable after just 2 premiership games. Excellent business :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Either the Orange shirts or Cockers must go!!!
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:
TigerLad wrote:They're going to get destroyed at training. Possibly the worst performance I've ever seen. Only players who come out of this with any credit are Harrison, Pasquali, Pohe and Brugnara. I can't wait until the return game though. This has to be something we hold on to and use as motivation.
every think stuff like that might be why we constantly have a team plus of players out injured?
Not physically destroyed. I mean Cockers making sure they all know how bad that performance was and making sure we destroy Irish next week. TBF I don't think any of the players will need telling that. We are still 4th though and as much as it will hurt right now we are only 3 games into the season. We've got almost 20 players to come back and injuries permitting we will have IMO the strongest squad in the league. That was abysmal but in 6 months time everything will be different.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Icarus wrote:Either the Orange shirts or Cockers must go!!!
Well Tigers were well and truly tangoed by Bath
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Defence coach????
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

Icarus wrote:Either the Orange shirts or Cockers must go!!!
Didn't take long for that to be posted!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

TigerLad wrote:
Jimmy Skitz wrote:
TigerLad wrote:They're going to get destroyed at training. Possibly the worst performance I've ever seen. Only players who come out of this with any credit are Harrison, Pasquali, Pohe and Brugnara. I can't wait until the return game though. This has to be something we hold on to and use as motivation.
every think stuff like that might be why we constantly have a team plus of players out injured?
Not physically destroyed. I mean Cockers making sure they all know how bad that performance was and making sure we destroy Irish next week. TBF I don't think any of the players will need telling that. We are still 4th though and as much as it will hurt right now we are only 3 games into the season. We've got almost 20 players to come back and injuries permitting we will have IMO the strongest squad in the league. That was abysmal but in 6 months time everything will be different.
a game like this where you are so bad for me you just throw out and forget about it, dwelling on it could do more harm long term
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Anybody know why Bai and Loamanu were not available to cover Allen and Tuilagi?
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
JerryGas

Post by JerryGas »

Agreed - you just have to write it off, dust yourself down and take it out on Irish. Anything that could go wrong did go wrong - would rather this happened in September rather than April!!
Jerry, Crumbie terrace season ticket holder from South Glos.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

That was a humiliation.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

voice of the crumbie wrote:Anybody know why Bai and Loamanu were not available to cover Allen and Tuilagi?
Injured can you believe it :smt012
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

voice of the crumbie wrote:Anybody know why Bai and Loamanu were not available to cover Allen and Tuilagi?
they are centres contracted to Leicester Tigers, in recent years this seems to be enough
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

i couldn't get to the game today, boy am I glad I didn't travel.

OK no Manu or Allen but the pack were totally destroyed and we were only a couple of forwards short of the first choice scrum. That is extremely worrying.

The fact that we have so many players injured, yet again, is ample proof, that the regime at Tigers breaks too many of them. Frankly, it's now becoming a sick joke.They also looked very unfit and moved at half the speed of the opposition.
I take nothing away from Bath who were magnificent, especially young George.To the dim brains who don't reckon him, how much more proof do you need to see that he is a gold nugget of a player.
Oh, and I've just had a call from an old friend who lives in Bath. Bragging of course, why wouldn't he?
"The constant comment from him, "how could Cockerell be so dim to loose him"? Often, players departing, don't come back to bite you. He certainly did today!.
Last edited by Smudge on Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A life long Tiger