Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

cpwhelan
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: 2014/15 Rumours/Contracts/Signings

Post by cpwhelan »

Dusatoir

Match commentator has just confirmed Dusatoir has re-signed for Toulouse for another 2 yrs.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

cpwhelan wrote:Dusatoir

Match commentator has just confirmed Dusatoir has re-signed for Toulouse for another 2 yrs.
Already been mentioned twice. :smt023
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote:Can't see that happening at all Northampton have CLarke and Wood @ 6 both Mallinder will like more than Gibson. (If he feels he can't compete with Croft).

They need a 8 neither of those 2 really plays 8 effectively.
Dowson has yet to sign a new contract So Gibson would be a like for like replacement for him.

Not sure we need to sign a massive name (nor sure we could afford one) but we do need a quality full back to come in.

Re the centres I'm unsure as to what we need as we've barely seen Bai, Manu and Loamano this season. Having those guys fit for a length of time would make a huge difference.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Doubt Gibson would want to be a like for like with Dowson.

Just my view but Dowson isn't a nailed on Starter is he.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

He is rotated with Clark and Wood. Depends whether Gibson was confident Of displacing Clark in the big games or not. More likely just his agent's negotiation strategy.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

sam16111986 wrote:He is rotated with Clark and Wood. Depends whether Gibson was confident Of displacing Clark in the big games or not. More likely just his agent's negotiation strategy.
What to post a comment on facebook?
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

We should have signed Fonua sooner would of really helped us this season but I think more of what we saw for Harrisons try was expected from Barberi that just hasn't happened.

Wow I would love to see Le Roux in our backline and he looks good in green too :smt003 but RB I thought we don't trust the Rugby paper? :smt003
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Apparently according to Planetrugby the Du Plessis brothers will join Montpellier after the world cup..With Jake White there this looks rather solid..

How happy would you be if you were Montpellier maybe getting Hartley now getting the Bismarck!

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,2588 ... 73,00.html
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

JackFlashJonny wrote:We should have signed Fonua sooner would of really helped us this season but I think more of what we saw for Harrisons try was expected from Barberi that just hasn't happened.

Wow I would love to see Le Roux in our backline and he looks good in green too :smt003 but RB I thought we don't trust the Rugby paper? :smt003
I don't think there is any chance of Le Roux coming to us.

Fonua we tried to sign last season but Bayonne wouldn't relase him without a fee, so we had to hope for them to get relegated.

Fonua then was playing poor had gained weight and Bayonne deciced to release him reckon Welsh prob paid a small fee as well.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

There is always a chance...I would rather have Alberts..

Am I right in thinking one marquee player can be anyone in the squad but this extra one has to have not played in the AP for the last 10 months or something along those lines..

So essentially it means we will only have 1 major signing from elsewhere and use the existing marquee player as it currently is (probably on Cole or Manu)

So Fonua cannot be the second marquee player as has played for Welsh..
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Fonua wouldn't be a marquee player anyway (I really hope not)

but your right.

With Cole recent injury I don't think he will be the marquee player next season, Reckon Ayerza will prob be the most likeliest one maybe Salvi if he re-signs.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

sam16111986 wrote:
RagingBull wrote:Can't see that happening at all Northampton have CLarke and Wood @ 6 both Mallinder will like more than Gibson. (If he feels he can't compete with Croft).

They need a 8 neither of those 2 really plays 8 effectively.
Dowson has yet to sign a new contract So Gibson would be a like for like replacement for him.

Not sure we need to sign a massive name (nor sure we could afford one) but we do need a quality full back to come in.

Re the centres I'm unsure as to what we need as we've barely seen Bai, Manu and Loamano this season. Having those guys fit for a length of time would make a huge difference.
Maybe the fact that we have barely seen these centres is why we need to get new ones
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Sounds like Matera is still in argentina and is training with the Pampas XV.

Not doing contact ATm though.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

RagingBull wrote:Sounds like Matera is still in argentina and is training with the Pampas XV.

Not doing contact ATm though.
Sounds like half the rumour is true ie he is in Argentina. However, that said will we ever see him again in a Tigers shirt????
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

I have never been particularly impressed with Fonua. He is big, that is about it imo. I would rather keep Pearce, Crance and Barbs.
Would love Le Roux but I don't see it happening.
As for Matera I rate him highly, but it is looking likely that he will go.