Tigers v Newcastle - Starting 15?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Newcastle - Starting 15?

Post by RagingBull »

also scott steele is starting for Irish.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

I get nervous about our defence when Ant Allen is unexpectedly missing from our back line. Not helped by me recalling the try fest we had against Montpellier when Bai was playing for them last season.
Other than that, good luck to Bai, Burns, Ghiraldini, Barbieri, and young Pasquali (if the latter two get on) on their Tigers Aviva bows...it should be interesting...
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Bai was Castres last season also did Pasquali play aginst sarries at WR in the last game of the regular season, last year?
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

The team looks good but I always fret when Allen is missing. He seems to be the only one in the team who understands the word 'defence', without him we tend towards the 'headless chicken' end of the spectrum. Still, be positive, perhaps the new guy has drilled some defensive thinking into them. This and given that it's the first game of the season, remember Exeter a few years ago, and the prospect of Alex making an appearance at some stage I can't say I'm totally confident. Should win though. :smt023

Not happy that we're starting the season with what is, as some have pointed out, a pretty good premiership team cluttering up the treatment room already. :smt022
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="RagingBull"]Bai was Castres last season also did Pasquali play aginst sarries at WR in the last game of the regular season, last year?[/quote]

Oops, apologies to Mr Bai. I hope that his defence is good in AA's absence.
Also Mr Pasquali - yep, according to his Biog he has already made 4 appearances. Here was me thinking that academy players didn't get picked :smt002
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

I am slightly worried that we might be heading towards a repeat of the last few seasons in terms of injury after seeing that list. I am very happy with our hooker situation. I really like the look of Ghiraldini and think he's a quality player so imagine how opposing hookers will feel when they see TY and Ghiraldini rotating after 60 minutes! Come to think of it I think our bench will be a lot more explosive next year. With a fully fit team we could bring on Logo, Loamanu, Ghiraldini, Barbieri and Kitch. That will be deadly against tiring defenses if we can get them all fit.
JerryGas

Post by JerryGas »

Don't think the absence list is too much to worry about at this stage. The only long term are Cole, Camacho, Matera and possibly Ed Slater.
Agree with others that there is just a more dynamic look, particularly on bench - looking forward to the drive up - God I have missed this lark!!!
Jerry, Crumbie terrace season ticket holder from South Glos.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Bring it on the dogs of war are salivating. :smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

COME ON YOU TIGERRRRrrrssssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Sod the starting line-up, the weather forecast has taken a change for the worse. So much for the suncream. :smt013
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

think we will win and its actually not a bad side for the start of the season just would like to see tait and allen in there
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

I expect Newcastle to be obdurate, and would hope that Tigers organisation without Allen should be up to the task. Should also have enough firepower to score a few tries
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

I would say that a win is likely and a bonus point is unlikely. I hope, if we win, that we don't start to compare ourselves against Saints. They have kept an entire squad together with no significant 'ins' or 'outs' and no injury worries so you would expect them to hit the ground running. I expect that by the Autumn internationals, we'll be playing catch up but still think we'll finish ahead in the long run.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

L Smith wrote:I would say that a win is likely and a bonus point is unlikely. I hope, if we win, that we don't start to compare ourselves against Saints. They have kept an entire squad together with no significant 'ins' or 'outs' and no injury worries so you would expect them to hit the ground running. I expect that by the Autumn internationals, we'll be playing catch up but still think we'll finish ahead in the long run.
Sensible and realistic post. :smt023
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Just don't know what to expect! Will be keeping pace from darkest Wales via Bleddyn, twitter and anything else I can get my hands on.

Bleddyn beckons!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"