Open Day

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Open Day

Post by jgriffin »

Enjoyed a lot with small grandchildren. Big kudos to Matt Smith, YBY, Geoff P etc for signing, but the biggest :smt001 for Scottie for being such an ace with kids.
Mrs G got a photo with Manu and Logo. :smt015
Nice to see preseason training includes colouring in, sitting in the JTC. Scottie, Salvi, Briggs,AA plus others, all diligently colouring in, with no kids around :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Anyone see Cockers?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Open Day

Post by Cagey Tiger »

jgriffin wrote:Anyone see Cockers?
I saw him just about on the 10 metre line near the Goldsmiths stand in front of the GNC.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Oh, and all the players that I saw (I didn't go into the JTC) were standing up EXCEPT in the ABC bar where the Front Row Union all had chairs :smt043
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
jgriffin wrote:Anyone see Cockers?
I saw him just about on the 10 metre line near the Goldsmiths stand in front of the GNC.
Cockers was there for about an hour smiling (really) having photos and signing, kudos :smt023
amber

Post by amber »

Cockers was in front of the gnc stand for at least 1 and 1/2 hours happily signing autographs and having photos taken. Thanks to all of the players and staff my brother who has downs thoroughly enjoyed himself talking to his idols and future idols thanks lads you made him so happy
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

amber wrote:Cockers was in front of the gnc stand for at least 1 and 1/2 hours happily signing autographs and having photos taken. Thanks to all of the players and staff my brother who has downs thoroughly enjoyed himself talking to his idols and future idols thanks lads you made him so happy
Need a 'like' button on here for these sort of posts :smt001
Latecomer

Post by Latecomer »

The lad and I had a fantastic time at the open day. Got there early and spoke to so many players. Our favourite was Seremaia Bai who was in the room with Freddie Burns, but was so humble and said he was just there to help the team and would play wherever he was asked to.
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

I had a fantastic time as well :) I was laughing the whole way home- the Youngs boys stole the show! I'm on crutches and was a bit grumpy when I arrived as I was in a bit of pain but Ben and Tom (with honourable mentions to George Catchpole and Dan Cole) cheered me up big style- Dan took a pic of Tom and I and managed to take it seven times which was also pretty funny! Thanks to all at the club and the lads for a fab day :)
Proud member of the Tom Youngs Fan Club :)
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Latecomer wrote:The lad and I had a fantastic time at the open day. Got there early and spoke to so many players. Our favourite was Seremaia Bai who was in the room with Freddie Burns, but was so humble and said he was just there to help the team and would play wherever he was asked to.
Bai is a top bloke I remember watching the aftermatch of the Top 14 final with wilkos last game in which castres lost, and Bai was trying to get a photo of wilko and his daughter and quietly followed wilko for about 15m letting Wilkinson speak bothering him just waiting quietly for a chance all this after losing a final really nice bloke.

Apparently he played a good part in keeping Niki.

I know people questioned his age @ 35 but he obviously just wants to help how he can play when he can, and if anyone watched the Castres v Leinster HC pool game last year he still has it.

He certainly adds a different option @ 10 and covers 12 + 13 to a high standard, could've done with him last year.
pipkoi

Post by pipkoi »

Sorry we missed this event but sounds like a great time was had by all.
It is these events that remind me what good ambassadors the players, coaches etc are - & I remind myself the age of some of them & how many men their age would/could be behaving :smt038 :smt038
Pip
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

pipkoi wrote:Sorry we missed this event but sounds like a great time was had by all.
It is these events that remind me what good ambassadors the players, coaches etc are - & I remind myself the age of some of them & how many men their age would/could be behaving :smt038 :smt038
Quite so - but I had a good laugh to see them all colouring in in the JTC. Fairly true of most pro rugby clubs that the players are good ambassadors, and indeed many footie clubs too; many quietly do other stuff, especially charity, without self-publicity.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

On an open day the best place surely to have seen and met cockers would be the nearest bar.