Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kingol22
Super User
Super User

New Home shirt

Post by kingol22 »

https://twitter.com/LeicesterTigers/sta ... 32/photo/1

Not the worst but not brilliant either imo.
AlphaWiseOwl

Re: New Home shirt

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

As with the last few versions - soooo dull and boring it is beyond belief :smt015
Certainly will not be buying one and will stick to my warm and comfy Cotton Traders shirt. No revenue from this is coming Tigers way from our household. Very disappointing indeed :smt022
The people at Canterbury seem to have zero imagination or maybe this design was a competition entry by a 6 yr old. Either way, it's a poor effort :smt010
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Looks like a training shirt.
Grannyman

Post by Grannyman »

My 7 year old said it looks like a Sarries style shirt . Booooo!!
BarmyBamford

Post by BarmyBamford »

Better than last season but still, as many of us keep saying
" Tigers have stripes "

Now, I know they are called hoops horizontally but you know what I mean.
If the red/white were more prominent ( wider/more of them ) it would have been so much better.

Does anyone listen ?
I may be an old fart, but if sales are all that matters, I am unlikely to buy it or any other shirt without hoops ( stripes ).
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

And there was the best shirt design of all in the shop - the Euro Black - which could've modified nicely into classic colours.
Never mind, Mrs G got to hug Manu and Logo.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Jon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Jon »

Not sure how I feel about the new strip yet. It's ok. Can't say any more than that at the moment.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

AlphaWiseOwl wrote: The people at Canterbury seem to have zero imagination or maybe this design was a competition entry by a 6 yr old. Either way, it's a poor effort :smt010
From the 'Open Day' thread -
Nice to see preseason training includes colouring in, sitting in the JTC. Scottie, Salvi, Briggs,AA plus others, all diligently colouring in, with no kids around :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Anyone see Cockers?
Those deep red bands around the sleeve at bicep level are going to lead to trouble for Salvi and Matera! Far too visible!!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

At first glance, I thought that it was not too bad, but those red armbands put me off completely. So, for the third year, that will still leave me with no shirt produced by Canterbury - they certainly seem to know what I don't like.

Ah well. I've probably got too many Tigers shirts in my wardrobe (10-15) anyway and with Mrs Cagey sadly passing away earlier this year, I have inherited a number of "unisex" shirts from her as she was roughly the same size as me.

I noticed at the Open Day that the "shop" in the Final Whistle still had quite a few Tiger stripes shirts (home and away). They have got to try I suppose :smt002 :smt003
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

The more I see it the more it grows on me.

Slightly thicker bands would be more traditional but they can't keep throwing out the same traditional shirt every year. The red on the sleeves aren't great, the pin stripes are an attempt to modernise but keep the tradionalists on side. I'm interested to see what the away offering will be.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

It works for me. Looks pretty good on the players. An upgrade on the last 2 home shirts.
Leghorn

Post by Leghorn »

Oh dear. Completely underwhelming.

Wider bands please. Does anyone at the Club have any imput or do Canterbury tell us what to wear?

If there is input from someone here I'd suggest they might canvass opinion from the people who'll be buying them.
Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave J »

Agree that the hoops should be thicker but not too bad compared to some Tigers have had in recent years.

It did occur to me that if this shirt was white with the same hoops pattern it would make a good away shirt.
A citizen of hope and glory
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

As I'd feared last season, we had more injuries, in my opinion as kit made our players look smaller and therefore less intimidating for tacklers. At least this season the red sleeves make us look a little broader. Agree totally with those who are underwhelmed and asking why were consumers not consulted more. My main question is: why all the green, at the expense of the white n red? Do Canterbury do any club research? Or did they need to get rid of a job lot of green dye??
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Can you JUST get back to a colour scheme I recognise as being my team? Red, white and LIGHT green hoops? How <expletive deleted> difficult is it? FCOL

Just once, once, I ask you stop urinating about and give us a PROPER shirt design.

This is RUBBISH! Get it? RUBBISH!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"