New Home shirt

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New Home shirt

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Meh, it seems after being bitten hard by the failure of the tiger striped abomination they're not willing to take any more chances. I'll buy this one certainly but it'll most likely only get brought out on game days.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Like the new shirt, just hope that the longed sleeved version is just as good, we oldies need our arms covered in winter.
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

I wonder if anybody at Tigers will notice that of the 31 posts on this topic so far, only one person likes it and one person thinks it is just about OK. The rest either don't like it or hate it. Customer feedback Tigers, customer feedback!! When will you take notice of your paying public?
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

I also quite like it. I've got my pre-order in.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

TBH kit design shouldn't really be top of the clubs priorities imo. Hence why CCC tend to have more of a role then CT had.

The classic jersey looks nice imo, not as nice as the old ones but, nice none the less.

Lets see what the reaction is to the Away one which is rumoured to be Orange and Black which if true I will love.

But I think CCC are moving in the right direction in each kit, so in maybe 2 seasons time we will have the perfect kit. :smt023

As long as the players play well in it, will do me.
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

Love to the new shirt. Bit more to it than last year, which I liked and brought, but not quite as much as the previous year (which i also liked)

I have pre ordered and am looking forward to seeing the new away shirt. 3 out of 3 for canterburuy on the home shirts as far as im concerned.

Counting down the days till the new season now :smt003
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

Don't like this and have a very bad feeling about the next away kit too.
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

New kit looks good - much better than last years effort.

I will probably buy the long sleeve classic (for the first time since the Bradstone era!) as I think its better than the match shirt because there are no red cuffs.

((I still prefer my 2011 - properly striped - shirt, though... but I would also say that kits need the odd change of style to remain interesting to supporters like me))
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

AlphaWiseOwl wrote:I wonder if anybody at Tigers will notice that of the 31 posts on this topic so far, only one person likes it and one person thinks it is just about OK. The rest either don't like it or hate it. Customer feedback Tigers, customer feedback!! When will you take notice of your paying public?
Perhaps your right AlphaWiseOwl, but alternatively consumers are always quick to criticise and not to praise. The positive-to-negative ratio is always heavily weighted to the negative for that well researched reason. There are obviously customer complaints departments for practical reasons, but never customer praise departments, despite the vast majority being in favour of a particular product.

Sales figures ultimately determine popularity, end of season returns will show whether it is a flop or not.

For me personally, i'd rather see a bolder stripe utilising the 3 main colours which may happen next time! Meanwhile, my order is in for the new shirt as I think it looks good where as last years didn't so I didn't buy it. You can't please all the people all of the time!
Grumpy of Crumbie

Post by Grumpy of Crumbie »

There are also 12,000 plus season ticket holders who don't contribute to this forum whose views on the new shirt are unknown!
If you don't go in hard it's not a tackle it's an insult.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

The simply point I would make is why has it taken this kit so long to arrive?

Last year we played against Saints in final in our 13/14 kit so fans could buy it before the end of the season. The 14/15 kit was 'launched' on Saturday and fans still can't get it for a few weeks. Irrespective of what anyone thinks of the new design it's hardly ground-breaking so why has it taken >3 months longer than last year? (our first year with Canterbury!). Really poor business that will have cost the club and Canterbury quite a bit of cash in my opinion…

We are supposed to be England's number 1 rugby club and yet we this adds to the sense of frustration I have with the club at an organisational level. Open day was a great day and the players were a credit to Tigers, BUT: once again not enough bar staff in the main stand, sitting in the Crumbie made me realise what a shambles it is and the home changing room - OMG… our players re-couperate at half-time sat on old wooden benches…. you must be kidding me!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

MrPartridge wrote:The simply point I would make is why has it taken this kit so long to arrive?

Last year we played against Saints in final in our 13/14 kit so fans could buy it before the end of the season. The 14/15 kit was 'launched' on Saturday and fans still can't get it for a few weeks. Irrespective of what anyone thinks of the new design it's hardly ground-breaking so why has it taken >3 months longer than last year? (our first year with Canterbury!). Really poor business that will have cost the club and Canterbury quite a bit of cash in my opinion…

We are supposed to be England's number 1 rugby club and yet we this adds to the sense of frustration I have with the club at an organisational level. Open day was a great day and the players were a credit to Tigers, BUT: once again not enough bar staff in the main stand, sitting in the Crumbie made me realise what a shambles it is and the home changing room - OMG… our players re-couperate at half-time sat on old wooden benches…. you must be kidding me!
I suppose you'd rather have a sugar daddy like Bath than a club that doesn't develop stuff when they haven't got the money. Also it was the players choice to remain on the Crumbie side, wasn't it?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

At the end of the day, the kit suppliers will never win, no matter what they design.

There will be some who will want red, green and white stripes and will not be happy with anything other than that. Then there are others who are bored of the same design and want something a bit different. There generally won't be a middle ground.

We are, after all, human and have our own opinions due to our own tastes and preferences. If you like it and have some spare cash, buy it. If you don't, then don't.

One thing is for almost for certain - we'll be having the same debate again in 12 months time
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

I'm pretty ambivalent with this new shirt, however, I think 'Grumpy of Crumbie' (page 2 of this thread) has a very good idea. Involve people from the Leicester community and the supporters - who knows, given that consensus, shirt sales may get even higher!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

cidermark wrote:I'm pretty ambivalent with this new shirt, however, I think 'Grumpy of Crumbie' (page 2 of this thread) has a very good idea. Involve people from the Leicester community and the supporters - who knows, given that consensus, shirt sales may get even higher!
Because they would ask for the same 'traditional' shirt every time, and that isn't how that game works.