Nottingham Pre Season Friendly

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

catflap
Tiger Cub

Nottingham Pre Season Friendly

Post by catflap »

Hi all

Does anyone know if there is an official coach trip being put on for this match?

cheers!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Nottingham Pre Season Friendly

Post by jgriffin »

Pointless from Leicester, surely, as the ground is a 15 minute walk from Nottingham Station and trains from Leicester are frequent-ish?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
arickett

Post by arickett »

Walks a bit longer this time as the game is at training ground which is over the river in West bridge
bridgeford
catflap
Tiger Cub

Post by catflap »

That's what I was thinking as I don't fancy driving as it wouldn't be match day without a beer! :smt002 although I don't mind the walk from the station, its the extortionate train prices putting me off using public transport.
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

catflap wrote:That's what I was thinking as I don't fancy driving as it wouldn't be match day without a beer! :smt002 although I don't mind the walk from the station, its the extortionate train prices putting me off using public transport.
It's only £10.50 for an Off-Peak Day Return from Leicester to Nottingham.
el trombono
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by el trombono »

catflap wrote: although I don't mind the walk from the station, its the extortionate train prices putting me off using public transport.
I think you will find the extortionate prices are imposed by the private company which runs the train system. Not been public transport since Thatcher privatised it. :smt013
catflap
Tiger Cub

Post by catflap »

Good lord, I was only asking about a coach trip. I'll get my coat.
lee

Post by lee »

el trombono wrote:
catflap wrote: although I don't mind the walk from the station, its the extortionate train prices putting me off using public transport.
I think you will find the extortionate prices are imposed by the private company which runs the train system. Not been public transport since Thatcher privatised it. :smt013
well as the public use it.... I would say its public transport
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Your best bet would be to ring or email the ticket office direct and ask there.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I did think about arranging a coach trip to Nottingham but past experience suggests it would not be viable. For those living North of the city they might just as well travel direct, for those living in Market Harborough area the same applies. I base coach prices on a break even point of 35 people for a trip to Nottingham that would mean a charge of £14.00 each. Cheaper by public transport with a little bit of leg work. I think we would lose money!
catflap
Tiger Cub

Post by catflap »

Thanks johnthegriff, looks like shank's pony for me!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Did someone say its being played at their training ground, is there any seating etc, what prices are they charging to get into a training ground? Seems odd to me, but then again i dont know their facilities, although I do know a ground by the river trent where my grandson's team, Market Harborough, go to play against Nottingham rugby club, is that the same place?
arickett

Post by arickett »

From Notts rugby site

The match will be played at Nottingham's training ground - Lady Bay Sports Ground in West Bridgford. It's the first time the Tigers will have visited Lady Bay and it will be quite a different experience to the one they are used to.

On deciding to take the match to Nottingham's training base, Operations Director, Chris Simon said:

"Meadow Lane is a great facility for professional rugby, but unfortunately, the ground was unavailable for this particular weekend during pre-season. We had the opportunity for a match against Leicester and were extremely keen not to let this one go by. We looked at a couple of venues, but decided that playing at Lady Bay was the best all round.

"We've hosted matches here before, the last being the league game against Leeds in 2013. It's a great community facility and enables us to create a really traditional rugby experience. Fans can get right up close to the action and enjoy a pint of real ale, pie and chips at the same time."

Tickets for the both the Tigers and Bedford matches can be purchased from the club's office by calling 0115 907 0070, or via the website atwww.nottinghamrugby.co.uk.

Advance tickets for the Tigers match are priced at £12 adults and £6 for children. STH Adults are £10 and STH Junior tickets are £5. Season ticket holders discounts are only available in advance.

Fans are encouraged to buy in advance as Lady Bay has a limited ground capacity. Advanced tickets will close at 1pm on Thursday 14th August.

On the day prices are £15 Adults/ concessions, £8 students and £6 Juniors.
arickett

Post by arickett »

LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

That looks very much like where my grandson goes when they are playing Notts, i really think that the facilities are very basic, i cannot remember any seating, although juniors dont play on main pitch, probably spectators will just be standing around the touchline, very nice if you wish to get up real close, but in my opinion not very suitable to stage a Tigers match! :smt017
Would be akin to going to a match at Oval park.