Ignore this if going to boycott RWC in Leicester, but.......

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ignore this if going to boycott RWC in Leicester, but.......

Post by Stu_F »

Looks like Namibia coming to play in Leicester against Argentina. They need to win final qualifier by 53 clear points and take a try bonus point (53 pts without a try bonus point wouldn't be a thriller!).

They are 63-0 up at half time having already got 9 tries.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Ignore this if going to boycott RWC in Leicester, but...

Post by Stu_F »

If they blow from there it'll be Zimbabwe, who beat Kenya earlier. The one not qualifying automatically go to play-off v Russia to see who goes into final play-off for getting into England's group.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

It's not that I'll be boycotting the RWC in Leicester: more that I would probably have made the effort to make the 90 mile round trip for a game at WR whereas I'm unlikely to for one at the crisp bowl (which I don't really like that much). I'm sure if I lived in Leicester I'd go.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

If this fixture was switched to Welford Road I would go to see it and much against my wishes I would support Argentina and Marcos Ayerza & Pablo Matera.
Why against my wishes because I have friends who live in the Falkland islands and another lady friend whose son was killed there in 1982.
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

Noddy555 wrote:Why against my wishes because I have friends who live in the Falkland islands and another lady friend whose son was killed there in 1982.
I think it's safe to say none of the future 2015 Pumas RWC squad were involved in the Falklands conflict. Are you of similar mind to those who keep harking back to WWII and claim to hate the Germans because they 'bombed our chippy'? What happened in the South Atlantic took place 32 years ago. Sport and politics don't mix.