Woe is us - tractoritis hits the family

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Woe is us - tractoritis hits the family

Post by jgriffin »

Mrs G and I are mortified. The (step)son is moving next week to work in Cirencester - yes in GLAWSTER. :smt009
He has received strict instructions from his Mum:
1 Postcode only, no county on any communications
2 Any manifestation of Glaws support (especially a shirt) will result in instant ban from the maternal bosom and parental home

He has faithfully promised he will wear his Tigers shirt when appropriate at work or in the town (or failing that, his Spiderman 7s shirt).

However, we are now seeking counselling for Mrs G, who is deeply concerned that turnip consumption may turn his head from the True Path of Tigerdom. She has also sought solace in the view of Salvi's bum on this month's calendar page. :smt005
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Re: Woe is us - tractoritis hits the family

Post by Noddy555 »

Dear John, Perhaps you should make sure that his tele has only one channel, Tigers TV?
shedster
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by shedster »

JG Dispite rumours of Six fingers and a belief that Flares are trendy its not all bad , a few bad apples yes but mostly massive rugby fans . Anyhow Cirecester is rather posh more likely have to put up with the no chin wonders of horse set ! :smt002
jgriffin wrote:Mrs G and I are mortified. The (step)son is moving next week to work in Cirencester - yes in GLAWSTER. :smt009
He has received strict instructions from his Mum:
1 Postcode only, no county on any communications
2 Any manifestation of Glaws support (especially a shirt) will result in instant ban from the maternal bosom and parental home

He has faithfully promised he will wear his Tigers shirt when appropriate at work or in the town (or failing that, his Spiderman 7s shirt).

However, we are now seeking counselling for Mrs G, who is deeply concerned that turnip consumption may turn his head from the True Path of Tigerdom. She has also sought solace in the view of Salvi's bum on this month's calendar page. :smt005
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

If it's any consolation one of my dear friends is an ex second row from Cambridge U and a keen Glos fan. They are not all bad! Dick's view of bad apples is you avoid them and use the good ones to make decent cider. Just keep the Cherry and White out of the house......what he wears on the street is his own affair!

(Says he with a seventeen year old who likes the Stade Francais body hugging flowery numbers.)
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Cheer up JG. It could be worse. He could be going to live in North London!

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

Bill W (2) wrote:Cheer up JG. It could be worse. He could be going to live in North London!

:smt023
Oi! (unless north east is the exception to that general statement. If so, how astute of you).
V6calibratiger

Post by V6calibratiger »

Fear not Mr and Mrs G. I too live in Glawsterville and have huge fun modelling the latest Tigers shirts etc through the city. It is especially good fun to do it when it's raining and the large Tigers golfing umbrella gets to make an appearance. I did get told off in Asda once though for playing with a rugby ball with a mate in the kidz aisle - not for playing with the ball I hasten to add but the fact I was wearing my Tigers shirt!!! My office co-workers who are raving mad shed-heads do look out for me (I even stand with them in the shed when I make my yearly trip to the away game) and are a really great bunch, so I think your stepson will be fine. I shall look out for him when I'm in Cirencester next :-)
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

Not to worry - plenty of Tiger fans in the South-west.

I've been here for over 25 years and still going strong. Kids were born in Bristol but both are Tigers fans and regular visitors to Welford Rd. Daughter went to Uni at Leicester just so she didn't miss out (I'm sure!). I've even "imported" my Father-in-Law from the Midlands so the Tigers support has been growing nicely!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Always good banter at Kingsholm, before, during and after the game. Gloucester is a proper rugby club and if the new set-up 'clicks' they should be competing in the top 6.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

My sympathies John.

However, many thanks for the reminder it is July - June was very nice, but it is good to have a change of view.
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Since he has signed on the dotted line for job and flat, he has been assailed by a plague of boils (actually a tooth abcess), the sky has darkened and in turmoil (rain forecast by Met Office) and tumult has resounded throughout the land (Murray out of Wimbledon, anyone?).
Not EXACTLY the Book of Revelations but I reckon thems portents are there, Oh Arr.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

John my sympathy but you can take hope in that our own OTY also has tractoritis badly over there in Norfolk!
He tweets about little else :smt023
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

jgriffin wrote:Since he has signed on the dotted line for job and flat, he has been assailed by a plague of boils (actually a tooth abcess), the sky has darkened and in turmoil (rain forecast by Met Office) and tumult has resounded throughout the land (Murray out of Wimbledon, anyone?).
Not EXACTLY the Book of Revelations but I reckon thems portents are there, Oh Arr.
We're expecting a plague of frog at the end of the month.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

h's dad wrote:
jgriffin wrote:Since he has signed on the dotted line for job and flat, he has been assailed by a plague of boils (actually a tooth abcess), the sky has darkened and in turmoil (rain forecast by Met Office) and tumult has resounded throughout the land (Murray out of Wimbledon, anyone?).
We're expecting a plague of frog at the end of the month.
Not likely, considering the wages that they're paying in le top 14...
:smt005
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

I had a frog in my garden the other day - is that a plague?
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex