2014 - 2015 fixtures now out!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 2014 - 2015 fixtures now out!!

Post by L Smith »

Noddy555 wrote:Smithy you have often accused me of being too pessimistic, are you catching the disease?
Of course, Nodders, the danger of my post was that it came across as pessimistic but I'd hoped it was fairly rounded in terms of objective observation. It would be a brave man who would put his mortgage on a home semi this year. I'm right behind the team and renewed my season ticket on day one. I just think that when you put the top 6 teams' first choice 23 players together, it's difficult to choose. Defensive cohesion has to be the number one priority; we have the rest of the weapons and tools in place.
PS, it would be nice to improve our rolling maul, too. Bath, Saints and Sarries, to name a few, have really stepped up in this area.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Smithy being 67 I no longer have a mortgae toput on anything,but having seen the kind of reserve team we can put out during the November and Spring internationals I think there is every reason to remain optimistic.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Noddy555 wrote:Smithy being 67 I no longer have a mortgae toput on anything,but having seen the kind of reserve team we can put out during the November and Spring internationals I think there is every reason to remain optimistic.
Understood, Noddo. Substitute 'mortgage' with pension / ration book, etc.
My point is that it is easy to be blindly optimistic but you only really know how optimistic you are when you put your money where your mouth is. Hypothetically, if I were to offer a £100 donation to the Matt Hampson trust if we finished 1st or second, on the proviso that you would donate the same if we finished 3rd or lower, what would you say... Hypothetically, of course. :smt047
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

No easy games next season. Even the Oxford Welsh are signing key players!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/28243770
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

L Smith wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:Smithy being 67 I no longer have a mortgae toput on anything,but having seen the kind of reserve team we can put out during the November and Spring internationals I think there is every reason to remain optimistic.
Understood, Noddo. Substitute 'mortgage' with pension / ration book, etc.
My point is that it is easy to be blindly optimistic but you only really know how optimistic you are when you put your money where your mouth is. Hypothetically, if I were to offer a £100 donation to the Matt Hampson trust if we finished 1st or second, on the proviso that you would donate the same if we finished 3rd or lower, what would you say... Hypothetically, of course. :smt047
Hypothetically of course, why not make it more interesting and make it £10,000?

:smt002
Still keeping the faith!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Bill (W) (2) That's too rich for my blood and smithy, Pension Books no longer exist my three pensions are paid directly into my bank account.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Noddy555 wrote:Bill (W) (2) That's too rich for my blood and smithy, Pension Books no longer exist my three pensions are paid directly into my bank account.
Nod(ddy)(555) - so your hypothetical mouth is bigger that your hypothetical bank account?

:smt003
Still keeping the faith!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Why not hypothetically let this drop and concentrate on the subject of the topic?
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Given their age-bragging rights, perhaps we should indulge them a little, you never know what tomorrow brings (in my case more work, having retired at 61 and then been made redundant twice in a week).
Venerable grumpy old gits should be indulged, we shall ne'er see their like again, etc. Shame on you Rizzo! :smt005
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Castros Beard

Post by Castros Beard »

Sorry if I have missed this somewhere but when are the European fixtures announced (with or without the welsh). Is it also wishful thinking to believe that they will actually tell us the day the game will be played or will we get the usual will be either Fri/Sat/Sun. It would be nice to be able to organise travel and accommodation (assuming I have earned enough browny points with the good wife by then)sooner rather than later.
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

Quite so Castro B it is really poor to plan with no real idea when the match will be that weekend. Even for retired old Gits!
Tigers - true Champions!
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

It was around 22nd July last year CB for HC fixtures but with new comp who knows :smt023
Castros Beard

Post by Castros Beard »

Thanks GT1 but if it follows previous year’s format I guess it will still be either Fri/Sat/Sun until the relevant broadcaster decides when the game will be played.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

May well be CB but our little group normally goes for a long weekend so doesn't matter which day match is played!
Castros Beard

Post by Castros Beard »

So do we.
But its still difficult trying to book days off to fit in with flight times and airports when your not sure when the fixture is actually being played. A typical example being the Montpellier away game last year for which wasn't played until December which meant that some of the more local airports were running reduced services or had ceased operating any kind of service at all.
Anyway that's enough of my moaning and groaning I am beginning to sound like a grumpy old man.
Roll on the season.