Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

h's dad
Super User
Super User

Re: Welford Road Development?

Post by h's dad »

Bill W (2) wrote:...
Like playng two tighteheads, ...
Don't be so quick to knock this Bill. Wasn't it employed to good effect by Argentina (with a loosehead making up the balance of the front row)?
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Personal attacks and insults are not acceptable on here. if you don't want to see someone's posts, there is always an option to ignore them.

Please keep posts to rugby related subjects.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

Thank you Rizzo.
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Please leave the Crumbie exactly as it is including the excellent PA system that allows us to talk comfortably with each other at half time without having to shout. By all means up date the changing rooms if that can be done within the existing structure. I am not looking forward to a plastic seat with no leg room.
Jez

Only Winners Win!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Jeremy Anderson wrote:Please leave the Crumbie exactly as it is including the excellent PA system that allows us to talk comfortably with each other at half time without having to shout. By all means up date the changing rooms if that can be done within the existing structure. I am not looking forward to a plastic seat with no leg room.
Jeremy

I think the Crumbie is safe for my lifetime - although maybe not yours!

Whilst Clive, Andrew and Marcus can get me up the steps I will be happy to sit (stand) where I am on the half way line!
Still keeping the faith!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I Keep hearing rumours from my friends in the travel trade that a new hotel is
going to be built on the crumbie car park + a multi storey car park? Could be a place to put visiting European teams overnight or a bolt hole for match officials?
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

Jeremy Anderson wrote:Please leave the Crumbie exactly as it is including the excellent PA system that allows us to talk comfortably with each other at half time without having to shout. By all means up date the changing rooms if that can be done within the existing structure. I am not looking forward to a plastic seat with no leg room.
You must have a better location than I used to have in the Crumbie. We moved to the Next/Cat/GNC stand because of my wife's bad back, caused by sitting sideways through lack of leg room. There is no problem now (although I admit to missing the atmosphere).
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

Surely the existing structure will be demolished and replaced with a new stand that has sufficient leg room (albeit with plastic seats). I spent two very uncomfortable seasons sat in the Crumbie with someone's knees digging into my back before I moved across to the Next Stand.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Given that many of the games since it was opened were not sell outs it's unlikely that further expansion of the capacity would be on the cards. The Crumbie may get rebuilt when the club is forced to when it becomes too decrepit, but the discovery that the pitch is too short for international matches means that any RFU funding is unlikely to happen. I wonder if the club were originally hoping this might have been on the cards for 2015?
Now the only way for this to happen would mean turning the pitch 90 degrees which would make the ends of the new stand (CAT or whatever it's called these days) redundant.

I guess it was a missed opportunity for which there is no easy solution.
Alatoruk

Post by Alatoruk »

I must admit I always thought that when Granby Halls went, the pitch would turn 90 degrees and all the extra space would be used to give extra facilities. Missed opportunity definitely.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

The "turn the pitch through 90 degrees" plan went out of the window when the decision was made to build the new "members" stand without demolishing the "Alliance and Leiester"

We are left with rebuilding the A&L pushing it back; rebuilding the Crumbie (again moving back) and then building the clubhouse stand.

The pitch moves towards the Crumbie and away from the Clubhouse and is longer and wider.
Still keeping the faith!
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

How much too small is it?
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

northerntiger wrote:How much too small is it?
5 metres or so I think
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

How the Crumbie passes health and safety certificates in 2014 is beyond me! It is a tinderbox just waiting to go up!

Having seen how quick Ulster managed to put up new stands including a terrace shows just how fast the Crumbie could be re-developed.

WC was a disappointment to us all… although I think we have to remember there are just 2 games being played in Leicester. I think it the responsibility of the club to update the ground… surely there is a business plan out there with some vague timescales in it!
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

MrPartridge wrote:I think it the responsibility of the club to update the ground… surely there is a business plan out there with some vague timescales in it!
Responsibility?

Noddy is probably correct in the hotel and car park being next on the list although this is hardly inside information from those in the know.

http://rcweb.leicester.gov.uk/planni...AppNo=20082047

In terms of timescale it is very much as and when demand requires and prudent finance permits. A public timescale if overly cautious would be derided as such and one that proved too ambitious would be criticised for failure. How about that for vague?
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game