Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kingol22
Super User
Super User

NZ Vs England 3rd Test Teams

Post by kingol22 »

New Zealand team taken from the RFU website
B Smith, C Jane, M Fekitoa, M Nonu, J Savea, A Cruden, A Smith, T Woodcock, D Coles, O Franks, B Retallick, S Whitelock, J Kaino, R McCaw (c), K Read

Replacements: K Mealamu, W Crockett, C Faumuina, P Tuipulotu, L Messam, TJ Perenara, B Barrett, R Crotty.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Re: NZ Vs England 3rd Test Teams

Post by kingol22 »

And The England team
j. Marler, D. Hartley, D. Wilson, C. Lawes, G. Parling, T. Wood, C. Robshaw, B. Vunipola, B. Youngs, F. Burns, M. Yarde, K. Eastmond, M. Tuilagi, C. Ashton, M. Brown

Replacements
R. Webber, M. Mullan, K. Brookes, J. Launchbury, B. Morgan, L. Dickson, D. Cipriani, L. Burrell

Strong team and the back line most on here would have wanted to see, lets hope they can do the business and avoid a series whitewash.
Louis

Post by Louis »

I got the England team I want.

Although Ben Smith, Kieran Read and Richie McCaw...and 12 other monsters...scary.

I think we can sneak a win, we've been close the last two tests...(Apart from for those 30 mins of the 2nd test's 2nd half)
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

Looks like Catt as won the battle with Farrell snr. For Care and Farrell read dropped not injured.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Looks a much better team.

The worrying thing is that I'm not sure that Lancaster has any idea who is the preferred selection at any of the backs
positions.
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

Worth listening to Lancaster's rationale on YouTube http://t.co/QbMrbFvdvX

Centre partnership chosen on form. Burns through Farrell's injury but Care a bit of form and injury. Likewise Parling keeps his spot as "pick of the forwards" so Launchbury makes way for Lawes.

It is the team many of us wanted to see, let's hope they can get the win.
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Happy with that squad. I think Webber is a little unlucky, but not a bad selection problem to have. Would've liked to have seen Waller given a go off the bench, tidy scrummager and explosive in the loose. But overall, happy with that squad.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

On current form that is the team that should have played last week, Lancaster had to save face to a degree and put that team out, unfortunately there only playing for pride!!
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

looks pretty much the team I think most people want, unfortunately most of the key position changes have been forced upon him rather than by selection process. Will be very interesting to see how YBY/FB and KE/MT perform together again. If it works again will make selection interesting going forward
cheers
Rich
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

It is an admission of the mistakes of the last test.
The Manu/Eastmond partnership worked. 36 & Burrell didn't.
Would have rather had 36 on the bench as he covers more than Burrell.

Can't believe the suggestion that Care isn't injured. Whilst he didn't have a great game last Saturday I wouldn't have thought it was such a bad performance to merit dropping from the bench.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

jonlin wrote:Looks like Catt as won the battle with Farrell snr. For Care and Farrell read dropped not injured.
Both injured.
AliB

Post by AliB »

Can't believe Burrell even has a spot on the bench - he was basically playing touch rugby last week with the amount of tackles he missed / fell off.

I agree with an earlier poster would have made more sense to have Billy on the bench.

I would have loved to see Slates on the bench instead of Launchburry. If they want Slates to live up to his potential then not including him in the matchday squad is an opportunity missed. England have so many good locks but (being a bit biased!) I really think Slates can become a world class player in the style of a Paul O'Connell or dare I say Johnno so I would want to see him play some part in top level matches like this sooner rather than later.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Let's hope that the team Stuart Lancaster has picked will be up to the job, personally I would have preferred Morgan as my No.8 starter and Burrell rather than Kyle Eastmond at inside centre, but they could have use as impact
players in the second half.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

I am happy with this team apart from I would have had Foden on the bench as he can change a game and Burrell is not up to this level if you ask me a couple of good performances in the six nations has really inflated his stock.

Also think Webber is hard done by but the Hartley/Lawes combo is tried and tested.

The battle of the 13's should be a good duel but Read being back is a little ominous the guy just oozes class and really adds to their game.

Having Burns next season is really starting to excite me now as he holds a back line as is dangerous giving Manu so much more time and space whereas with Farrell they just drift and gang tackle him as he isn't a threat which bodes well for us going forward.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Having Burns next season is really starting to excite me now as he holds a back line as is dangerous giving Manu so much more time and space whereas with Farrell they just drift and gang tackle him as he isn't a threat which bodes well for us going forward.
Probably the best pre-season backs training we could get - YBY to Freddy to Manu!

(Just btw, there seems much less criticism of Freddy on here now that he has been released to display his undoubted ability!) :smt003