Pre Season Fixtures

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Pre Season Fixtures

Post by ourla »

My first season as a ticket holder so would have been keen to go. But I couldn't have made 5pm and I am on holiday anyhow. Actually I am sweating on it being a home fixture the week after as I will still be on holiday and not flying back until Sunday evening. I could be stubhubing from the get go lol. Good news is doubt I will be away between then and christmas!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

biffer wrote:Edinburgh v Leicester Tigers at the Greenyards on August 23rd

http://www.edinburghrugby.org/news/14/0 ... kle-tigers
That's a date in the diary, thanks Biffer for that.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Not just that for me - we are in Yorkshire Dales on the Saturday for a week, so the hotel in Melrose on the Friday is already booked!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
DCATsOLDMAN

Post by DCATsOLDMAN »

Should be a good day at Melrose, provided the weather is kind.

Will the Away Supporters Club be running coaches? :smt017
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Greenyards is a great old ground, and Melrose is a cracking wee place too, proper rugby town. It'll make you feel like you're playing old days amateur rugby. I think edinburgh rugby is laying on transport for edinburgh season ticket holders so I should be there for that one.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I suspect City get dibs on the Saturday as they could be playing a Premiership game at home then. Friday rules out any potential clash and rescheduling problems.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I'd encourage anyone who can make it up to Melrose to go… absolutely stunning place for a rugby ground and a nice town to boot! If the sun shines it will be a belter.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

MrPartridge wrote:I'd encourage anyone who can make it up to Melrose to go… absolutely stunning place for a rugby ground and a nice town to boot! If the sun shines it will be a belter.
Used to go for the Sevens so persuaded Mrs G it was worthwhile (after I'd booked :smt004 ). Will try to remember to wear Griffin shirt so keyboard warrior can be spotted (no £5 though).
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Pre Season Friendly

Post by johnthegriff »

The Tigers are playing a pre season game against Edinburgh in Melrose on Saturday 23rd August. I have been unable to find hotels in the area with sufficient availability to accept a coach load of Tigers fans and Edinburgh Hotels are quoting silly prices for dates in August. Therefore the Leicester Tigers Away Supporters Club trip will be as follows. Depart Friday 22nd and stay the night in Newcastle, on Saturday we will travel the remaining seventy miles to Melrose for the match, sometime after the game we will return to Newcastle for that night. On Sunday we will make a leisurely return to Leicester with a stop off at the Beamish open museum. The cost including two nights bed & breakfast and the Beamish visit but excluding your match ticket will be £145.00 based on two sharing a room. If you are interested phone me 0116 2101056.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Pre Season Friendly

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Went to Beamish on Sunday. 5 hours not enough to get round half of it, BUT, your ticket lasts 12 months. So if you happen to be in the area again...
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

For Ellis9. Point taken Ellis but the Tigers could make these days special days for the charities we support by donating as much of possible of these
takings to the 5 charities that the club supports, this should encourage more fans to attend.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Edinburgh Hotels are quoting silly prices for dates in August
Probably due to the fringe festival. I had the same issue last August!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Arriving in Melrose about 3pm. Assuming the bar will be open at the Greenyards on Friday, will go there for a sharpener or two after 8pm. Will affably engage any Tigers seen around town.
Look forward to meeting some other :smt024 in August. :smt001
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

MrPartridge wrote:
Edinburgh Hotels are quoting silly prices for dates in August
Probably due to the fringe festival. I had the same issue last August!
Definitely. Edinburgh doubles in population during August so your chance of getting any kind of hotel at a reasonably 'budget' price is non existent. Public transport links are poor too (that area has the largest town the furthest from a Train station in the UK). Newcastle's a decent alternative for hotels, only about 90 minutes drive. Peebles or Hawick would be worth a shot as well.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I note that it says on the Edinburgh web site that tickets will be available shortly, wonder if we will need to buy in advance or do we think we can rock up on the day, will it sell out Biffer?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.