DickyP
Super User
Super User

Re: Pre Season Fixtures

Post by DickyP »

biffer wrote:
MrPartridge wrote:
Edinburgh Hotels are quoting silly prices for dates in August
Probably due to the fringe festival. I had the same issue last August!
Definitely. Edinburgh doubles in population during August so your chance of getting any kind of hotel at a reasonably 'budget' price is non existent. Public transport links are poor too (that area has the largest town the furthest from a Train station in the UK). Newcastle's a decent alternative for hotels, only about 90 minutes drive. Peebles or Hawick would be worth a shot as well.
If you note the game is being played at Melrose - down in the Borders 40 miles south of Edinburgh. Newcastle is only 70 miles further south so as biffer says is a viable alternative. There are lots of lovely B & :censored: in the borders - and in the past I've just pulled off the road to a ones with Vacancy signs even in high season.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

In the past I've taken a few days off and stayed in SeaHouses on the Northumberland coast. Lots of things to do/eat/drink.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Since there are no other details except the news of the double-header on the day, can anyone getting ticketing details please PM me asap?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Might go up to Melrose to watch the Tigers, it is a very nice drive. Can we get tickets for this match from the Tigers Ticket Office or do we have to contact Edinburgh.
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

Noddy555 wrote:Might go up to Melrose to watch the Tigers, it is a very nice drive. Can we get tickets for this match from the Tigers Ticket Office or do we have to contact Edinburgh.
You need to contact Edinburgh not Tigers when the tickets become available. FYI it is also a double-header - Melrose play Herlots at 5pm after the Tigers game.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

tigerburnie wrote:I note that it says on the Edinburgh web site that tickets will be available shortly, wonder if we will need to buy in advance or do we think we can rock up on the day, will it sell out Biffer?
I'd get them in advance if I were you. You will probably be able to get them on the day, but the friendly game in the borders last year (v Newcastle) was pretty full. Granted one might expect more people to go to the game from the Northeast, but Tigers are likely to be a bigger attraction for the locals.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

The Away Supporters Club is taking two coaches on our trip to Melrose (two nights B & B in Newcastle) currently we have 66 people on the trip so room for a few more if any one is interested. Phone me on 0116 2101056.
amber

Post by amber »

Very fed up about the double header being on a Friday why won't you listen and arrange these things for Saturdays yet again fans don't matter !!!!!!
amber

Post by amber »

Why oh why is the pre season friendliest not on Saturday? We all prefer Saturdays and find Fridays and Sunday games difficult so sad we will not be able to see the pre season games. We have managed to in the last few years but this year we will not be able to as it is Friday very disappointed
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

amber wrote:We all prefer Saturdays and find Fridays and Sunday games difficult ...
All? What about those supporters who play or are otherwise involved in their own club rugby on Saturdays?
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

Maybe the reason was that LCFC are at home to Arsenal that weekend and the game could have been on either the Saturday or Sunday.

I also am disappointed be the schedule. For me to get to the games I would have to use up a precious days leave and either get home at gone midnight or book a hotel room.

C'est la vie

:smt022
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

cidermark wrote:Maybe the reason was that LCFC are at home to Arsenal that weekend and the game could have been on either the Saturday or Sunday.

:smt022
I'm pretty certain that that is the reason. Ironic that that game is now scheduled for TV on the Sunday and hence we could have played on the Saturday. But presumably pre - season fixtures take a bit of arranging and couldn't wait for football's TV schedules.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Is it me or have some posts relating to tickets gone missing?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

jgriffin wrote:Is it me or have some posts relating to tickets gone missing?
They are under the Edinburgh post - Sorry
Last edited by wormus on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

wormus wrote:
jgriffin wrote:Is it me or have some posts relating to tickets gone missing?
NO it's not you JG I posted useful information to Tigers wishing to obtain tickets using cheaper direct DDI numbers and local accommodation earlier and then that the tickets had arrived & they were unallocated seats in the stands ie. First come first seated but both useful posts have been deleted even though they were to the original subject - not like the later strays.
I think the posts you mean are on this thread: http://forum.leicestertigers.com/viewto ... =1&t=38088 which has just slipped down the page a bit :smt023