Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quins back three

Post by MurphysLaw »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/27715775

With Mike Brown, Marlon Yarde and this Figiian flyer, this is quite a frightening back three for Quins. Add Ugo Monye, Walker, and Williams as back up, and they seem to have an embarrassment of riches.

It's going to be an interesting season.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Quins back three

Post by RagingBull »

Sounds like Ugo Hamstring is getting the better of him. Shame on his day a very powerful runner.

Also seems like Quins fans prefer former Tigers product charlie Walker as the other winger to Yarde with the Fijian flyer playing 13 ala Goneva.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I'd have thought the new Fijian will play at 13 where he is equally comfortable as Quins have Lowe on the long term injury list (again, he seems chronically unlucky) and Hopper who has flashes of excellence but tends to be found out against high level opposition.
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

what a back three but then if you look at ours its not that bad with scully goneva and tait. nice to see what marlande yarde can do in a decent team
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

amazing tiger wrote:what a back three but then if you look at ours its not that bad with scully goneva and tait. nice to see what marlande yarde can do in a decent team
I'd actually have Benjamin in the team before Scully (assuming fit) and then we have Scully, Camacho, Morris and Thomson as cover - so not too bad ourselves.
tigerinireland

Post by tigerinireland »

I have watched every single Chiefs game this season, and can say that Tikoirotuma is a lot better on the wing than he is at 13. Him and Nanai-Williams are a sight to behold when they have Cruden at 10.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I might sneak a few quid on Quins at the start of the season. To add to the current bunch apparently they have some exceptional youngsters on the way...
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

I'd actually like to see Goneva, Loamanu and Benjamin (on form) for us next season. Maybe not the first choice (it would be harsh on Tait) but it would be interesting.

Interesting would also be:

15. Loamanu
14. Goneva
13. Manu
12. Bai
11. Benjamin
10. Williams / Burns

No lack of size or speed there. With that backline, I would not worry about the Hairyqueens. I am definitely not saying I would pick that team as the first (Allen and Tait would be my first choice), but it would be interesting size-wise!

I'm quite excited about next season!