Premiership Final

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Premiership Final

Post by loretta »

To the Saints fans who drift on to this board occasionally, I wish you all the best next week. Well done winning the Amlin but don't take your eye off the ball.

I've always thought that Saints and Tigers have an awful lot in common, proper Rugby clubs from the East midlands who the press would rather ignore if there are any London-ish based clubs around to fawn over, especially if it means not driving up the M1 on a wet February Friday. We both have firey characters who can get into trouble if they don't watch it, but that's Rugby (Clarke is an exception in my book, for the usual reasons). We have had the better of you over the years, the record books speak for themselves, but we are more alike than most would like to admit.

So for next week, go on little brother :smt002 , give them Saffas some stick!

Come on you Saints!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Premiership Final

Post by Maidman »

Like I suspect many posters I live between Northampton and Leicester, and inevitably have friends and relatives who are Saints fans. I wish them all the best, if it can't be Tigers, then another fine East Midlans club for me.

Good luck Saints, bring it back to the East Mids!
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Personally would like to see Sarries win it. By far the best team this season.

Good luck Saffers :smt023
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

This may upset some of you but I don't give a hoot about whether Saints or Sarries win. They are our rivals and if Tigers are not there then I am indifferent about the game. If we were in the final against Sarries most Stains fans would want to see us lose such is the jealousy. Then again I can understand some of you being generous to our unfortunate country cousins, just like Tigers have been generous in letting other clubs occasionally taste glory over the years :smt003
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Disagree I have met a number of Saints fans who support Tigers as their second team. East Mids over London clubs any day for me, particularly against Sarries who are my least favourite Prem Club.

Given the depth of the Sarries squad they have managed to keep winning during the International windows and been able to cover any injuries without a problem. For this they have topped the league but for that does not mean they have won anything. The winner of the Prem is the team who wins the final.

Come on u Saints - and bring the cup back to the East Mids. We will look forward to playing you next season when u r defending champions.
Jez

Only Winners Win!
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Jeremy Anderson wrote:Disagree I have met a number of Saints fans who support Tigers as their second team. East Mids over London clubs any day for me, particularly against Sarries who are my least favourite Prem Club.

Given the depth of the Sarries squad they have managed to keep winning during the International windows and been able to cover any injuries without a problem. For this they have topped the league but for that does not mean they have won anything. The winner of the Prem is the team who wins the final.

Come on u Saints - and bring the cup back to the East Mids. We will look forward to playing you next season when u r defending champions.
I beg to differ, I have met quite a few who are bitter, twisted and jealous. You just have to look at a certain D West for the extent of hatred. Whoever are champions will merely be holding the trophy and polishing it for us. I don't particularly want Sarries to win but I think the looks on Mallinder and West's faces would be priceless. My opinion of course.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:I beg to differ, I have met quite a few who are bitter, twisted and jealous. You just have to look at a certain D West for the extent of hatred. Whoever are champions will merely be holding the trophy and polishing it for us. I don't particularly want Sarries to win but I think the looks on Mallinder and West's faces would be priceless. My opinion of course.
I have no great respect for Mallinder and less for West.

However, my great grandmother lived in Northampton .........

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

1800s? :smt005
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

LE18 wrote:1800s? :smt005
Certainly she was born in the 1800's but lived into the mid 1900's

:smt006
Still keeping the faith!
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

For me I look at the players. I respect players like Wood, Manoa, Dickson, Myler and North and I wouldn't mind them winning a title. I can't really say the same about the likes of Farrell, Borthwick and Ashton. Having said that it doesn't make any difference who wins, all that matters is that it wasn't us. That should be our motivation for next year.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

To see the FGs denied the bragging rights for the season would be really good for me as I will not have to suffer constant snipes from several work colleagues over the next 12 months. It will be just as bad if they do actually dip out, cos they made two finals on the trot. Believe me, the Tigers consistent appearances will count for nowt. So, it is with great regret that I will be biased towards the Fez 'eds get their paws on the pot - sort of?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

If Mallinder and West did not learn how to beat Saffacens from watching Toulon do it, they'll never get anywhere.
They have the bodies to do the job - if ever there was a call for total team commitment and keeping the game tight and in the opposition half, it is the call for Stains on Saturday next. The first 20 mins will tell us - if Stains are level and driving up the middle with rolling mauls, they stand a chance. Toulon showed that Saffas can't take it - no Plan B. Unfortunately we've often shown that Stains can't take it.......... :smt017
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

As long as the Saffas dont win anything...............ahem, best of luck, Stains...
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Some interesting views on here. I can't make my mind up on this one and I think I'll reserve judgment until the game. I only started watching the Tigers in 2007 but I have been to every Premiership final since and it feels a little hollow right now.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

Come on you saints? If we can't win it then I want i the saints to come on the East Midlands!

Saffas got a kicking in HC. When there team was announced in cardiff the players were booed. Yet were were in the uk! What does that tell you. I will be there watching at HQ and cheering them on. I hope they send saffas back where the came from. Play some rugby not just defend and kick