Toulon v Saracens

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Toulon v Saracens

Post by chinnjamie »

Firstly, congratulations to Saracens on reaching their first Heineken cup final.
Secondly, I for one really hope Toulon get the victory and send Jonny out of rugby with a bang, that and I don't think I could handle meeting any more of Sarries fans if they actually became European champions!
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Toulon v Saracens

Post by JackFlashJonny »

I don't think anyone bar some gnarled forwards lurking in the dark will want Sarries to win as they are the anti rugby..I think the Toulon scrum will be too much for them and that will set the tone for a glorious JW win.

It will be a travesty if Sarries win the last ever Heineken cup!

Parce que Toulon

Unfortunately I will be on a flight to LA so cannot watch it but I will be waiting with baited breathe once I land to see that good has triumphed evil haha
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I am really not bothered who wins I will watch and hopefully enjoy some good rubgy

but with regards to the relative merits of Saracens and little Johnny - I would say Saracens have be playing brilliantly this season and look very impressive to me - I do agree that Toulon will put their scrummage under pressure which not many have managed this year - I understand Stevens is playing and he is one of the poorest internatonal tightheads there are - Maku is not that good in the tight either - That is where I would attack them.

As for little Johnny - I have no great desire in seeing him bow out in glory - he was a very overated player who was without doubt a hard working lad who made the best of limited skill sets. He played behind one of the most formidable packs the world has seen when he played for England and had an armchair ride for most of his international career - The same could be said at Toulon ... he never looked that clever playing for Newcastle.

he is a fairly boing player and it is very rare he makes a break. To talk about him in the list of great flyhalfs is faintly ridiculous.

Toulon, Sarries - its all the same to me - let's just see some good rugby
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

You obviously never watched Newcastle much mightymouse...

Wilkinson is not just a hard worker and to doubt he is a legend of the game is in my opinion incredible. He is just special and raises the game of everyone that has ever played with him the fact Toulon are trying to retire the 10 jersey speaks volumes in the effect he has had there!

But that is your opinion and you are entitled to it even if it is massively wrong :smt003
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

Scottish blinkers maybe Mightymouse :smt007
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

You miserable lot :smt018

Many think Wilkinson is a legend but whether he is or not, he is a very good player, a thorough profession, a nice bloke and he won us the World Cup! So it would be great for him to win it again and finish is career on a high.

And why exactly are Sarries "anti rugby"? There are things I don't like about the way they operate but you can't fault what they've done with their team and their performances this season.

I don't actually mind who wins as a don't have a strong affiliation or feeling for either. So I will watch to just enjoy the spectacle itself.
MarkyH

Post by MarkyH »

I'll be there tomorrow and if I can TELL who's won come the final whistle, I'll be a bit disappointed... :smt030 :smt030
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

ourla wrote:You miserable lot :smt018 .
I'm not entirely sure how me wanting Toulon to win it for Wilkinson makes me miserable but ok! :smt017
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Ah ! Nous les terribles guerriers du Pilou-Pilou
Qui descendons de la Montagne vers la Mer
(Pilou-Pilou !)
Avec nos femmes échevelées allaitant nos enfants
Sous l'ombre des grands cocotiers blancs
(Pilou-Pilou !)
Nous les terribles guerriers poussons notre terrible cri de guerre
(AAAARRRGGGGHHHHH !)
J'ai dit NOTRE TERRIBLE CRI DE GUERRE !
(AAAARRRGGGGHHHHH !)
Parce que TOULON
(ROUGE !)
Parce que TOULON
(NOIR !)
Parce que TOULON
(ROUGE ET NOIR!)

Enough said :smt004
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I'm going to a 1 year olds birthday party with the grand-kids. I won't miss seeing the final one bit.
If asked who I support - Saffacens, Stains or Toulon - my answer is a weary shoulder shrug and a Gallic 'poff'.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Jose
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jose »

Finding it hard to care, but much as I dislike Saracens they put in an incredible semi performance and virtually every reason I can find for not liking them is at least equally applicable to Toulon (money, bought club, dull playing style).

I also feel that having Toulon winning back to back HC would be rather like having to suffer Man City winning the Champions League twice in a row, so am (grudgingly) drawn to having a marginal preference for Saracens winning.
Joe The Tigers Fan
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

IMHO

Bath - Amlin Cup
Toulon - Heineken Cup
Saracens - Aviva Premiership

Not sure whether it will pan out like this but it's my preferred scenario!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

cidermark wrote:IMHO

Bath - Amlin Cup
Toulon - Heineken Cup
Saracens - Aviva Premiership

Not sure whether it will pan out like this but it's my preferred scenario!

Seconded :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I'll take Saracens tomorrow. Their performance against Clermont in the SF was superb. As much as I dislike them, they've played great rugby all season. Hope its a good game that lives up to the 'hype'.
Louis

Post by Louis »

I want Leicester to win the HC and Prem...

...whaddya mean we're not in either final? As if mere facts can stand in the way!

Oh all right. Toulon for Johnny...or Sarries for England...Toulon...Sarries...Toulon...Sarries...

...there's not enough deodorant for this conversation! I'll go neutral and cheer whoever I think plays nicely on the day.