Thinking of getting a season ticket!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Getting a pair of season tickets - questions

Post by ourla »

Was thinking of getting a season ticket for me and another my 9yo boy. I want to go to a few games with him next season. The last couple of seasons we've done about half a dozen in total. He's now a bit more amenable to trundling up the motorway, night games, etc and this is the last year he would be free. But there is no way I will attend more than 50% of games with him. One option of course is to stubhub any games we can't make but questions - can you upgrade a child season ticket to an adult for one match? Can I do this if I go with a friend i.e., not selling through stubhub or when selling through stubhub? Do they charge full match price to do this?

I am thinking the season ticket route will mean I have decent seats without having to search each time and I get to see matches cheaper - even though I will not attend all matches. Is there a flaw in my plan?
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Getting a pair of season tickets - questions

Post by old one eye »

In answer to your question. You can upgrade your free childs ticket on a match by match basis but you have to pay the full ticket price at the ticket office.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Cheers old one eye Supplementary: Does it have to be done at the ticket office on match day? Or can it be done in advance? Or on-line, over the phone?
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I know it can be done over the phone and I guess it could be done online also
dan147

Thinking of getting a season ticket!!

Post by dan147 »

Hi,
I am thinking of getting a season ticket but unsure whether to get one in the terrace the cheaper option on in the stands, what are peoples views, im just unsure since I feel like I might not be able to see much if I am in the terrace can people give me some advice please?
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Thinking of getting a season ticket!!

Post by daktari »

dan147 wrote:Hi,
I am thinking of getting a season ticket but unsure whether to get one in the terrace the cheaper option on in the stands, what are peoples views, im just unsure since I feel like I might not be able to see much if I am in the terrace can people give me some advice please?
Trick to the terrace is to get there early - I normally rock up about an hour before KO and stand in line with the club house 10 metre line, on the front bar of the rear part of the terrace. I can see all the pitch except a tiny bit in terrace side corners (big screen now so no issue). I am 6' 2" mind you but my other half is 5' 6" and she is fine.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
tigerbrewer

Post by tigerbrewer »

the terrace is great if you get there early (read 1 hour) so you are near the centre. Its also the loudest, most involved section. I used to go to the terrace regularly but my family complained about having to stand for the whole game so we moved to the Cat stand! The cat (now GNC) is good but can get a bit quiet. To be honest anywhere in Welford road on match day is brilliant.
tigergirl
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by tigergirl »

Crumbly for me. We used to stand ,until the knees and backs gave out, but the Crumbly is the next best thing. A little tight on space though but keeps you warm on a cold January night! Great atmosphere always.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Despite all the sneering that goes on about the 'tartan blanket' brigade from the masochists in the Holland & Barrett (Crumbie) the 'Catepillar/GNC/who-knows-what-name-it'll-have-next' stand is pretty good. It IS actually pretty loud and is very comfortable, and as long as you aren't up too high or too near the ends then the view is great (of course, those constraints apply whatever stand/ground you are in).

I've had the same seat ever since the stand opened and am extremely satisfied. It's also very easy top get into and out-off at the beginning and end of the game.

Of course, statistically, if you want to see the majority of the Tigers tries you should go for the western end of the Crumbie.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Depending on your fitness Dan it's the terrace every day! The atmosphere is terrific along with the craic!!
There are advantages to the GNC it's got great facilities etc but the sun can be an issue as it is for the Goldsmiths!
A seat in the Crumbie might be for you(bring a cushion though) but there's nothing better than watching the match so close to the players experiencing the same conditions as them & starting the complicated chant we support the team with :smt023
See you there Dan!
dan147

Post by dan147 »

Thank you everyone also I presume if I got a season ticket in terrace it's easier to buy tickets for friends instead of having a seat if you no what I mean?
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

GT1 wrote:... There are advantages to the GNC it's got great facilities etc but the sun can be an issue ....
The sun has never, ever been an issue in my experience - lovely when it's there but no problem: pretty rare occurrence anyway!
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

If you do go for a seated season ticket I would avoid the Crumbie stand IMO, its so cramped and uncomfortable!! Sat there once when extra family members etc have had my season ticket in the Cat stand and I have no intention of sitting in it ever again!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Don't take all the terrace SHs, I've got to earn ours with some work this summer :smt003
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
tigergirl
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by tigergirl »

Bear in mind that you can't put your tickets on Stubhub unless the game is a sell-out. That doesn't happen too many times in a season, so perhaps you need to look carefully at just how many games you can get to or a season ticket doesn't work out as the best deal.