A Saints victory for Dignity!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Snuffy

A Saints victory for Dignity!

Post by Snuffy »

Richard Cockerill could learn a thing or two from Jim Mallinder, a gentleman. All those mind games and words throughout the week, and now look who is eating them?

Cockers didn't show Jim Mallinder or the Saints the respect they deserved. His interviews and comments were not sincere, and he was too confident of the victory!,

What goes around, comes around and Leicester got what they deserved tonight. I hope Saints go and win it, they are a proper Rugby club like Leicester, and are long overdue for a Premiership title!

As for the Tigers, they were plagued with injuries, and will come back next season, but hopefully a bit more Humble!!

Come on you Saints! :smt038
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: A Saints victory for Dignity!

Post by Darc Tiger »

Cockers was all class post-game, considering how gutting it is to lose at the death. And his behaviour has been excellent all season considering he and the club have had such a rocky road to the playoffs. He is a man man who loves the sport and his club and always says what he means, for better or for worse. Mind-games are part of sport, pretty much everybody does it. All done in the right spirit and its all part of the fun. Some people will never look beyond their own blind hatred though.

This post is hardly dignified, and is in poor taste after a fantastic rugby match.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Snuffy wrote:Richard Cockerill could learn a thing or two from Jim Mallinder, a gentleman. All those mind games and words throughout the week, and now look who is eating them?

Cockers didn't show Jim Mallinder or the Saints the respect they deserved. His interviews and comments were not sincere, and he was too confident of the victory!,

What goes around, comes around and Leicester got what they deserved tonight. I hope Saints go and win it, they are a proper Rugby club like Leicester, and are long overdue for a Premiership title!

As for the Tigers, they were plagued with injuries, and will come back next season, but hopefully a bit more Humble!!

Cockers showed you exactly the respect you deserve. He said that he'd prefer to play Saints than Sarries because we hadn't lost in however many games against you. It's ridiculous to then say that because he said this he was being cocky. Personally I want Sarries to win because they have been the best team all year, that's nothing against Saints because I think you deserved to win tonight. Unfortunately for a 'proper rugby club' your players aren't exactly upholding very high standards. Our lads have been very respectful and humble despite what you think and have admitted that Saints deserved to win. Callum Clark on the other hand tweeted this. "I've been waiting a long time, but that ones for you Richard. Have a great summer" . Real classy that. One of the few players in world rugby that I wouldn't mind being forced to retire. Anyway, we will see you next year and I'm sure this defeat will be used as motivation for another 10 games unbeaten. We have your gameplan sussed and if we had executed correctly we would have won. But we didn't so like I said, you deserved to win.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Snuffy wrote:Richard Cockerill could learn a thing or two from Jim Mallinder, a gentleman. All those mind games and words throughout the week, and now look who is eating them?

What a wonderful first post and a great advert for Saints fans all over.

It must have been lonely in the woodwork.

Tigers will come back next season, guarantee it, but after this effort I sincerely hope you don't.

Congrats to Saints on the win and I wish the team of our East Mids rivals the very best in the final, I also wish their humble, respectful, fans a great day out.

To the woodwork dwellers.....crawl back :smt003
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

I think you should have a inward look at the behaviour of Northampton Saints i.e. West, Clark, Hartley before you start using the words
Respect and Humble.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

There's always one.
And as for Clark - a shame he is still allowed to play. Some who have done similar things have faced prosecution and banishment. The tweet is sad, but predictable.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
big john
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by big john »

jgriffin wrote:There's always one.
And as for Clark - a shame he is still allowed to play. Some who have done similar things have faced prosecution and banishment. The tweet is sad, but predictable.

As tigers fan I feel that you and a lot of others that are still going on about Mr Clarke really need to get over it and get a grip.

If what he did was so wrong that he should not be allowed to play any more then a few of our player should have been banned from playing over recent years.

If you take the potential risks with what Clarke did and the look at some of the Julian White punching shows he should have been locked up let alone banned from playing just to name one Tigers player, He could have caused a lot more damage with them than the arm break we are still going on about.

And to add the comments about Cockers, He does need to learn when to keep his mouth shut and stop moaning.

There seems to be too many fans on here that moan about other coaches comments but don't see Cockers as wrong. to be honest I think the way Cockers acts alot of the time and a fair amount of his comments drag our great clubs name down.

To sum it up stop moaning and get a grip. we lost games over the season partly due to injury's and partly due to lack of a plan b from the coaches. need to look at an extra coach or two with more years to call on.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

big john wrote:
jgriffin wrote:There's always one.

As tigers fan I feel that you and a lot of others that are still going on about Mr Clarke really need to get over it and get a grip.

If what he did was so wrong that he should not be allowed to play any more then a few of our player should have been banned from playing over recent years.

If you take the potential risks with what Clarke did and the look at some of the Julian White punching shows he should have been locked up let alone banned from playing just to name one Tigers player, He could have caused a lot more damage with them than the arm break we are still going on about.

And to add the comments about Cockers, He does need to learn when to keep his mouth shut and stop moaning.

There seems to be too many fans on here that moan about other coaches comments but don't see Cockers as wrong. to be honest I think the way Cockers acts alot of the time and a fair amount of his comments drag our great clubs name down.

To sum it up stop moaning and get a grip. we lost games over the season partly due to injury's and partly due to lack of a plan b from the coaches. need to look at an extra coach or two with more years to call on.
Completely disagree with this ranting ill informed and misleading diatribe which has no basis in fact. And this from a Tigers supporter :smt017
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

There's always one sad pill.... that has to have a go.

Lets hope his first post is his last :smt011
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Steve56
Tiger Cub

Post by Steve56 »

I was there last night, and witnessed a great game of rugby. O.k., we lost, but that's sport. You can't expect to win every time. We came up against a side who were desperate to win, in front of passionate home supporters, and they played their socks off. Think how many times their fans have been full of expectation, only to be disappointed at the last hurdle. We're very lucky at Tigers, having an extremely successful side, but what if we were a mid-table side every year? How many 'fans' would turn up week on week to see us lose? Give Northampton Saints the credit they deserve.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

One thing that spoilt it for me was the participation of a certain Mr Calum Clarke. He showed again last night when he tried to knee Niki Goneva in the face not once but twice, that this kind of THUG because I can't think of another word to describe him, should not be taking part in a professional game of Ruby. The powers that be had the chance to impose a life ban when he broke Rob Hawkins Elbow deliberately and they fluffed it.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Noddy555 wrote:One thing that spoilt it for me was the participation of a certain Mr Calum Clarke. He showed again last night when he tried to knee Niki Goneva in the face not once but twice, that this kind of THUG because I can't think of another word to describe him, should not be taking part in a professional game of Ruby. The powers that be had the chance to impose a life ban when he broke Rob Hawkins Elbow deliberately and they fluffed it.
To be fair to Clarke upon watching the replays he doesn't look like he is trying to knee Niki put rather get his leg forward so he can pull it back with more force to rip free.

He is still lucky to be playing though
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Steve56 wrote: We're very lucky at Tigers, having an extremely successful side, but what if we were a mid-table side every year? How many 'fans' would turn up week on week to see us lose? Give Northampton Saints the credit they deserve.
We are not "lucky" you make your own luck and I have no doubt that us Tigers supporters are just as passionate about our club regardless of table positions. As for giving Saints the credit they deserve try looking at the posts on this and many other forums and you will see that Tigers supporters have been very generous in their praise.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

Unfortunately 'Snuffy' sums up the views of many Saints fans I have come across, but thankfully not all.
I don't expect anything less. This morning walking through Mkt Harborough in a Tigers shirt, I was confronted by a guy in a Saints shirt, not necessarily a fan of course . I received a fair amount of verbal abuse, which I laughed at. I pointed out to him that they actually hadn't won anything yet, and although disappointed with missing our annual trip, I wished his team good luck. I offered my hand in a gesture of goodwill, which he seemed not to understand, so I walked away.
Why do people behave like that?

Dignity, my backside!
MarchingIn

Post by MarchingIn »

Oh come on, it wouldn't be quite as satisfying without Cockerill - if they had a gentlemanly manager, we wouldn't be able to give him any stick! Having Cockerill in the hot seat and Healey in the press box just adds to the fun.