Next season..................

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Next season..................

Post by WiggoTiger »

I feel we need to change our style from this season, too often kicked possession away as had no chasers. I am gutted the way this season has ended but admit we have been poor. We must regroup and come back fitter, quicker and improve our control of games at 9&10!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Next season..................

Post by jgriffin »

Concur. I will look forward to next season and hope we have a bit more continuity. Apart from that, PLEASE can we get a decent defence coach??????
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

jgriffin wrote:Concur. I will look forward to next season and hope we have a bit more continuity. Apart from that, PLEASE can we get a decent defence coach??????
Can't always blame defence coach, tonight no leadership leading to their try. Obvious overload on wrong side, and Morris.....too high!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

I have high hopes for next season, we definitely need to find somebody else who is a good defensive organizer other than AA as he is too prone to injury to rely on all season, with Burns coming we could have an electric attack with the likes of Goneva, Tuilagi, Benjamin, Scully and Loamanu running of him, and with OW we have a safe secure option who is starting to show he can play the attacking game too
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

kpj tiger wrote:I have high hopes for next season, we definitely need to find somebody else who is a good defensive organizer other than AA as he is too prone to injury to rely on all season, with Burns coming we could have an electric attack with the likes of Goneva, Tuilagi, Benjamin, Scully and Loamanu running of him, and with OW we have a safe secure option who is starting to show he can play the attacking game too
TBH Burns is not what we need!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

WiggoTiger wrote:
kpj tiger wrote:I have high hopes for next season, we definitely need to find somebody else who is a good defensive organizer other than AA as he is too prone to injury to rely on all season, with Burns coming we could have an electric attack with the likes of Goneva, Tuilagi, Benjamin, Scully and Loamanu running of him, and with OW we have a safe secure option who is starting to show he can play the attacking game too
How so?
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

kpj tiger wrote:
WiggoTiger wrote:
How so?
Is he any better than what we have got?? Going on present form...NO!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Form is temporary, he is a class player who is on his day probably the most talented fly half in England on top form
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

kpj tiger wrote:Form is temporary, he is a class player who is on his day probably the most talented fly half in England on top form
Listening to SL.....it seems not!! Ford, Farrell, Myler and Cips all in front of him!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

kpj tiger wrote:Form is temporary, he is a class player who is on his day probably the most talented fly half in England on top form
Listening to SL.....it seems not!! Ford, Farrell, Myler and Cips all in front of him!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

WiggoTiger wrote:
But he has been dropped because of his poor form not a lack of class or talent, if he is a bad player why would SL have ever picked him ahead of Myler, Cips and even Flood a season or 2 back
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I think subject to confirmation that we have signed some much needed beef to truly meet the increased physicality of our competitors for next season . :smt023 Hope we can discover and sign another decent prop we badly need one.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

sapajo wrote:I think subject to confirmation that we have signed some much needed beef to truly meet the increased physicality of our competitors for next season . :smt023 Hope we can discover and sign another decent prop we badly need one.
Yep, last season we would have brought on Castro and Logo, today we had Bristow and Balmain. That's partly down to injurys and partly down to Schuster flopping but what is clear is that we are not strong enough in terms of props. We could definetely do with another loosehead.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

We just need a fit squad and another 8 because whenever Crane departs we lose a calm head (sadly missing last night) and great defender.
Apart from Hartley Saints had a full squad and now teams have caught up with us we can't close out games when important players, Croft, Allen, Parling, Cole and the speed of Scully and Benjamin are missing. Half of those fit would have helped, and of course no Boris so poor Logo and Ayerza knackered after 60 minutes last night. Fans from both sides where we sat in the Burder stand were a credit to both teams.
More great matches v Saints to come next season.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I think next season will be really interesting for us. We have had a mixed season but lost a few really key games where we were in front - Saints last night, Ulster home, Quins away.

Back line excites me: we all know Manu is a huge weapon, but we have uncovered a few potential gems this season in Williams and Scully, plus the resurgence of Benjamin. Loamanu is a decent recruit, plus we may see Camacho! I'll judge Burns when he has a decent pack in front of him but I hope the coaches focus on his goal-kicking.

Front row is my concern. We could do with another prop and a better 2nd string hooker. Depth behind is exceptional with maybe a worry at deputy 8. It would be nice to see a few academy players emerge and challenge the 23 - virtually none have this season.

Concur defence needs work.