Northampton v Leicester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
sapajo
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4688
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Northampton v Leicester

Post by sapajo » Mon May 19, 2014 7:15 am

MarchingIn wrote:
sapajo wrote:
MarchingIn wrote:our time has come.
For what exactly :smt017
To take the title.

I got dragged 20 feet clinging onto Wayne Shelford's leg on the main pitch at Franklin's Gardens in a youth training session as a boy & I've been a Saints fan ever since. Not a diehard fan, but I've followed the club for over 20 years. I've stood in the old 'cow shed' tin roofed terraces and watched a first team game against Orrell. I've seen Saints turn professional, get relegated twice, lift the Heineken cup and some lesser trophies & reach a couple of top flight finals only to go home empty handed.

I would absolutely love us to win at HQ. Saracens are a great team defensively and the London hooray henries will be out in support, but this Saints team can do it if they believe. Even if it isn't ment to be this year, the club is on the up and up, and it will happen for us soon.

COYS!

Hope springs eternal
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity

mol2
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3543
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: Cosby

Re: Northampton v Leicester

Post by mol2 » Mon May 19, 2014 10:14 am

The real reason the outside centres scored more tries in the 6N was because they didn't have Barritt playing at inside centre.

I think Burrell did a good job in the 6N - he runs good lines in attack but the reality is Manu is arguably the best outside centre in world rugby at present.

Injury denied him the chance to show his skills for the Lions. Until he got injured the talk from the other centres on the tour suggested they felt he was a shoe in and the others were vying to get the berth inside him.

kornboy130
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4686
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:48 pm
Location: Behind You

Re: Northampton v Leicester

Post by kornboy130 » Mon May 19, 2014 10:20 am

mol2 wrote:The real reason the outside centres scored more tries in the 6N was because they didn't have Barritt playing at inside centre.

I think Burrell did a good job in the 6N - he runs good lines in attack but the reality is Manu is arguably the best outside centre in world rugby at present.

Injury denied him the chance to show his skills for the Lions. Until he got injured the talk from the other centres on the tour suggested they felt he was a shoe in and the others were vying to get the berth inside him.
There isn't really a reason they can't play together - just this tour may now be a problem with Burrell being in the final.

Lutontiger
Top Cat
Top Cat
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:14 pm

Re: Northampton v Leicester

Post by Lutontiger » Wed May 21, 2014 7:26 pm

I wonder... Is 'Marchingin', the Saints' contributor one here, aka Dorian West?? If not, must be related or a close confidant!

h's dad
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2560
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:19 pm
Location: In front of pc

Re: Northampton v Leicester

Post by h's dad » Wed May 21, 2014 8:41 pm

Lutontiger wrote:I wonder... Is 'Marchingin', the Saints' contributor one here, aka Dorian West?? If not, must be related or a close confidant!
Have I missed something? I think MarchingIn seems to be a decent chap with interesting posts (apart from him not knowing what a swinging arm tackle is of course, but he's not the only one) and I completely agree with him when he says Burrell is fit to lace Manu's boots for about 20 minutes a game.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game

MarchingIn
New Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 12:22 pm

Re: Northampton v Leicester

Post by MarchingIn » Fri May 23, 2014 10:30 pm

Hahaha.... No! I have never even met Dorian West!

Amlin cup winners 2014 - good evening to be a Saints fan :-)

Tigris
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 526
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:57 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Northampton v Leicester

Post by Tigris » Fri May 23, 2014 10:39 pm

MarchingIn wrote:Hahaha.... No! I have never even met Dorian West!

Amlin cup winners 2014 - good evening to be a Saints fan :-)
Congratulations - team seems to have a harder edge mentally, seemed already focussed on the next game - good luck in the Premiership final!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests