Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Toby Floods last home game for TIGERS

Post by APJones »

Good Luck to our club captain in his last game at WR
Hope he finds it as enjoyable as the game at sale last week , and just as profitable in terms of trys.

I must admit to being a Goodie fan and was a tad unsure regarding Floody when he took over #10 jersey, specially when he missed what I thought were easy kicks.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Re: Toby Floods last home game for TIGERS

Post by mightymouse »

what and Goodey didn't!!!?
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

that was my point. (Floodie originally pronounced the the same as Goodie)

In Tobys early games for TIGERS he made as many misses as Andy and like him also showed the occasional brilliance. i couldn't see any benefit in changing our #10 at the time.

Toby has been a good servant to the club , specially when paired with YBY
When I told my 4 yr old grandson that Toby was leaving my grandson burst into tears. Toby is his idol.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I'm with you now
Jose
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jose »

Best of luck to Flood and hope everybody gives him the credit and appreciation he deseerves. In my view he's made a massive contribution and been a complete professional throughout his time at the club. He tries to play an aggressive and creative style of rugby which exposes him to considerable risk on the gain line and I've never perceived any lack of dedication or commitment in his game. I can't see why the likes of Courtney Lawes would go to so much targeted effort to take him out of the game if they weren't scared of what he can do with the ball in hand.

He's also massively underrated and was repeatedly stitched up by successive England managements, which he has borne without complaint, but has surely played a role in his decision to head across to Toulouse. I still think it's a massive shame that he was robbed of the England place he had earned over the previous 18 months for the 2011 RWC, as it denied him the chance he deserved to shut his doubters up.

Thanks for all the memories and success here and hope he enjoys Toulouse and gets the success there he deserves.
Joe The Tigers Fan
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Top man and definitely a big player for us in recent years.

Also my sons joint favourite player along with Manu. He has a soft spot for Farrell aswell. He's only just turned 9, give him a break :smt003
Maximus66

Post by Maximus66 »

A total professional who will leave the club without a stain on his character.
He has often been the catalyst for some of our more inventive rugby, especially with Ben Youngs.
The only thing Toby has been guilty of on occasions, is trying too hard.
I'm sure he is his own harshest critic, yet this is the man who would spend his Christmas days practising his goal kicking at Oval Park, while everyone else would be opening presents or eating mince pies!
Hope to see a lot of his winning smile tomorrow, that was much in evidence at Sale last week.
Good luck for the future Tobes.
We'll miss you.
A Tiger always :smt039
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Here's his interview in todays Telegraph
http://bit.ly/1mKf6na
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Good luck Toby and thanks for everything.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Consistently great contribution from Toby. Always speaks knowledgeably and professionally and will be a credit to any team. I could see him returning as head coach / DOR in a few years!
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Farewell Toby, good luck in the future. You are one of my favourite players. A man with real class who can ignite any side. Great to see him score a "hatrick" last week.

Big boots to fill and a great professional. :smt038
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Toulouse could have done with him tonight - they just lost at home to Racing in the play offs!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

A great loss. Excellent player who gave us consistently high levels of performance. A model professional and always seemed to me to be a very nice, grounded man. Someone young players should aspire to be like.

All the best Tobes. :smt041
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Toby has shown his true colours in the last few months. Despite being available, Owen Williams has been picked ahead of him and instead of sulking or throwing his toys about he has backed and guided the youngster. The passion and commitment he showed when coming on against Sale was exemplary and sums up the man.

Will miss his exciting attacking style. Good luck Toby wish you all the best for the future. Set the top 14 alight and save any bad performances for the occasions you face us! :smt039 :smt038
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Absolutely quality player. A real gent and a fan favourite who delivered in the big games. I hope he has a prosperous spell at Toulouse and really enjoys it there. Thanks Toby :smt038