Aviva semi finals

Post by jonlin »

Looks like a Friday night for us
ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Aviva semi finals

Post by ourla »

Ooohh, a big Friday night at FG could be on. Just gotta perform a minor miracle and get a ticket!
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Thought the Semis were Sat 17th or Sun 18th May??
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

jonlin wrote:Looks like a Friday night for us
In the words of BJ link please!
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

I see so the seasons where we were competing on 2 fronts we got no assistance but the likes of Sarries and Saints are helped out. :smt011
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Don't have a problem with "helping" the EPL clubs with this but what I do not agree with is the lack of tickets that will be will be available for these games :smt013
I know home advantage is important but there will be strong demand to see these games & a lot of fans are going to be very disappointed!!
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

GT1 wrote:Don't have a problem with "helping" the EPL clubs with this but what I do not agree with is the lack of tickets that will be will be available for these games :smt013
I know home advantage is important but there will be strong demand to see these games & a lot of fans are going to be very disappointed!!
Will they not be giving up their tickets, to accommodate all the Tiger support that wants to go. Just like they want people with Amlin final tickets,to give them up so Saints supporters can go.}
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

I'm guessing that the "desire" to help clubs has nothing to do with BT's "desire" to clear their schedules for their first broadcast of an FA Cup Final? Otherwise holding both on the Saturday as has often happened previously would have been the obvious solution.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Stu, makes it clear in the article that was part of the reasoning. Like it or not the FA Cup Final is bigger than than the EPL semis
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

As far as I can see if we play at Franklins Gardens we will get 20% so 2700 tickets & as a bald magician once said "not a lot"
They will sell out those after the match on Sat good luck in that scrum folks!
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:I see so the seasons where we were competing on 2 fronts we got no assistance but the likes of Sarries and Saints are helped out. :smt011
I agree with Smurphs............all those years we had to juggle the squad to perform miracles in back to back finals!! Hopefully (if we get to HQ) Saffas will be knackered from the HEC Final like we always used to be for the HEC finals when the Prem Final was the week before.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
fogba
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by fogba »

Having carefully kept Saturday and Sunday free, I now learn that the Tigers match will be on Friday, the night I have concert tickets. Just two weeks notice of the change of dates.
Silly me for thinking that the authorities would consider the fans.
Irish by birth, Munster by the grace of God, now living in Leicester for my sins.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

It strikes me that the authorities are actually considering the clubs here, and would it be right to have the games when they would be best for the players, or the fans? Yes, we would have liked that sort of help when we were in that position, but it didn't happen so let's move on.
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
TigerintheCatStand
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TigerintheCatStand »

So we get one less day preparation for our biggest game of the season to help out other clubs. How does that work? Why should we be disadvantaged!