Tigers v Saracens - threads merged

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Teams Up v Saracens

Post by LE18 »

Wonder why Deacon is Captain, when Toby is in the side?

I am due to drive up from Great Yarmouth for the match, from holiday, do i come up for this match given the team selection or enjoy the downpours here? Very trying on a supporters decision making! :smt017

Is it on Tv please?
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Given that Sarries are top whatever happens and they've got a AP SF and the HC Final in the next two weekends it makes complete sense for them to do a Rabo on us.

As for the Tigers team, it's not exactly weak is it? Still got 9 internationals in the starting XV and another 2 on the bench plus 3 International A team players. There were times earlier this season when we'd have been delighted to be fielding a squad this powerful - especially the centres.

Players like Briggs and Balmain badly need a full game as a starter to prepare for having to do it 'for real' during the AIs.

I don't see it so much as an A team fixture but as a glorious opportunity to give the likes of Pasquali a game and give Sam Harrison, Dan Bowden and Tom Croft meaningful game time.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Saracens

Post by DickyP »

mightymouse wrote:well the only significant misses are Marcos, Loggo and Salvers - I assume all 3 taking a well earned rest (and even then - Marcos is on the bench)

Slats is missing but Deacon is a very adequate replacement. TY is missing but potentially injured ribs I assume, Crane is out injured. That only really leaves BY who is arguably replaced by a better player.
So Goneva isn't a significant player then? :smt003
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Saracens

Post by DickyP »

mightymouse wrote: ... Crane is out injured ...
Where did you pick this up from? I don't remember seeing it anywhere (but my wife always does say I'm unobservant).
mightymouse wrote: BY who is arguably replaced by a better player.
A very weak argument, nevertheless - Mélé is great but BY is world class, and has been really fizzing again lately. Interesting point I picked up this week is that Mélé has already scored more league tries for Tigers than he did in 8 years in the Top 14 for Perpignan.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

It's not on TV LE18 & don't you owe me a pint or is it the other way round?
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Any chance the mods could merge the two separate posts on Tigers v Saracens this weekend?
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Guess i will have to come then, Pat unlikely to.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

You could try flogging your/her ticket on stubhub might make a few quid!!
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

If it were me LE18 I'd find Quins v Bath on a big TV somewhere in Yarmouth topped off with fish & chips & watch the full match here http://www.premiershiprugby.tv/FullMatchReplays afterwards :smt023
Save your petrol money for the beers whilst watching!!
Also weather forecast is for rain!!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Great decision by Cockers as the semi-final is what now counts and that will be seriously difficult now that Saints have all their big guns fit unlike the last game at Franklins. Can't really see us making Twickers but our best shot is to rest up players. Still a good team out.
Disappointed that we will be playing on Friday in the semis. Doubt if we can get!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Saracens - threads merged

Post by tigerburnie »

I believe that team is good enough to win the game and it is fitting that, as this could be the last game at Welford Road for quite a few named, a chance for them to bow out in style.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRRrrrrssssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Good luck Tigers, a pity I won't be there but family has to come first. Will be tucking into the plum pudding and speeches at 3pm after a 12.30 wedding.
The weather in Brum is supposed to be atrocious so I hope that in Leicester it is dry.

Funny that it is the end of the season except it isn't. Funny that I will be in Cardiff for the Heineken proudly wearing my Tigers shirt.

Ha ha bonk :smt031 said the camel.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Nice to see Stains fans are hoping we miss out on the semis, I assume they are very worried we will beat them at the allotment. They talk about HQ and I laughed!!
Tigers to up the gears in the semis and blow Stains away whetehr its at home or away!!
At least 4 points tomorrow will do me, Stains do not worry me any more!! Stop North and ref the dirty Burrell and Lawes correctly and they look very average.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Sarries are not going to roll over tomorrow. While their bigger guns may be resting, their ethos to compete will still be there and McCall won't be looking for anything other than a win. Big game against Saints so right to rest as many as possible without risk. Tigers to win but not a walk in the park
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

I really hope that we bring the "Aviva Trophy " on to the pitch during the warm up before the start of the game.
- After all "We are the Champions "
Lets display the honour in front of Sarries & the capacity crowd.
Hopefully not stolen to some far outpost of a TV studio.