Well done to the Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Well done to the Tigers

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Well done to the players and coaches on reaching a 10th consecutive premiership playoff with one game to go. Even if we don't reach the final the players and coaches deserve credit for getting us to the Q/F of HC and the semi's of the Premiership despite all the injuries and disruptions we have suffered. IMHO given the circumstances we have had a successful season and anything more will be a bonus. :smt038
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Well done to the Tigers

Post by Darc Tiger »

After the season we have had, it is a fantastic achievement, and we aren't giving up our title without a serious fight! :smt027
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

When you consider the changes with Matt O'Connor going and changes in playing staff, on top of lengthy injuries to some key Lions we are in a great position. Well done to all concerned, now lets kick on and finish with a trip to the cabbage patch again.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Yes well done Tigers.

Should we make it to HQ it will be some achievement and if we manage to lift the Premiership Trophy then WOW!! This season would go down as one of the greatest.

Congratulations Mr Cockerill on a difficult season,looking forward to 2014/15.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Back in the good old days we'd have the league sown up by Xmas and be in the Heineken final, it's a disgrace, sack the lot of them! & bring back hanging and the workhouse while we're at it!
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

Lovely, lovely, Tigers! Well done, lads. Great result, but just as important, played in a good spirit, which hopefully shows other teams how to behave.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

And our DoR has never made any excuses nor looked for them whilst half the playing staff were on the medics table (big table!!)
He sounded full of conviction yesterday about our ability to make the Final and was I thought at great pains to remind anyone listening that "we're still the Champions, don't forget that" - spot on Cockers!!
On top of that he has had a much less experienced coaching team this season and that hasn't made life any easier.
Makes you proud to be a Member!
AliB

Post by AliB »

Well done indeed, with some new coaching staff and many injury challenges we have done really well to qualify for the playoffs. There is more still to come and I can't wait for the Sarries came on Sat and then going down to Twickers for the final to play them again....and beat them again.

Many highlights of the season but for me it has to be the emergence of Ed Slater as a potential world class player, with O'Connell / Johnno style on field leadership potential. Goneva and Loggi have been pretty awesome as well!
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

I think we've done amazingly well this season all things considered. Well done to all those involved.

I've always thought something good was going to happen this season, hoped it would be in Clermont (oh well), but i'm pessimistic now. I can't see us getting home advantage for the semi, and if we do beat Northampton, I just can't see us beating a full strength Saracens at the moment.

I am trying to keep the faith, and will be ecstatic if i'm wrong. Lets pray I am.
kelmat

Post by kelmat »

I can't think of another premiership side that could have handled the situations that this season has given us, just getting to where we have is a testement to all the staff at WR.

PS: Really looking forward to next season if all the stated reqruits turn out to be true !
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Stu_F wrote:Back in the good old days we'd have the league sown up by Xmas and be in the Heineken final, it's a disgrace, sack the lot of them! & bring back hanging and the workhouse while we're at it!
I do hate kind people - don't you realize that the Workhouse was a charitable institution! Suggest you replace workhouse with flogging.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."