Sale v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Sale v Tigers

Post by baz1664 »

Williams(accept from the tee) was outstanding, tackling, control and kick for the try was fantastic, an intelligent player with a great future, Parling was immense, around the park all game, Ben Youngs back to his sharp self, Tom Youngs making yards as always, the replacements were poor accept for mele, he brings such an added impetuous to the game, Sarries next week will be interesting, tigers need to go out and smash them and put out a marker for the prem final!!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Fine win. Always a tough place to go. Great performance for 60 minutes till we took our foot off the gas. Lineout was a worry though. Worst it has been for ages.

MotM? Crane. Sublime today.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Sale have been best in the league against line-outs and it wasn't just down to TYs throwing: his replacement - Briggs - had no better success.

My biggest worry is that Ant Allen may be too crocked to be available next week: he was in outstanding form until he went off.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Loads of positives today. Well done Tigers.
worzol99

Post by worzol99 »

Agree with Darc, crane was outstanding and we lost some imputus when the changes were made. MOM for me if he stayed on.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Great result and play offs secured again despite many saying we wouldn't make it...
Another 5 points against Saracens would be nice and I expect they will rest most of their first choice team ready for 3 back to back knock out games, could Wasps do us a favour and upset the odds down the road?
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

baz1664 wrote:Replacements have been poor and that's why we need to strengthen, Balmain looks overweight, The tank not interested and Briggs not good enough; Saracens wouldn't do this, poor poor!! 22 -35 now!!
Some people are hard to please. Would you rather have had players like Logo, Crane, Tait and Ayerza stayed on and risked getting injured despite the fact that we had got the bonus point. Of course making so many changes is bound to cause disruption. Sale had nothing to lose by throwing the ball around by that stage and we did come back strongly towards the end. Why the constant reference to Sarries by some on here? We were playing Sale not Sarries and as I have said before I care about Tigers and don't give a hoot about Sarries. I don't even care what happens next week, what matters now is we have as many fit players for the playoffs and possibly the final. Bring it on.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Anyone know how Ant Allen is?
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Was on precautionary crutches, and it didn't look promising. Hope Bowden is fit and ready. Tom Youngs should be fine.
TigerinLowton

Post by TigerinLowton »

42 points against a team that racked 55 points away at Exeter not so long back is a great result. So, Tigers took their foot of the gas a little (it was 3-35 at the time!) and Sale had nothing better to do than go for it.

Stood amongst the Sale hard core they were highly complementary of how good we were.

And I was only asked once if I'd cycled up from Leicester!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Very very good today, Crane has added a new dimension, has he been tweeting Nick Easter ??

YBY much sharper, Owen brilliant and we did it without Nikki touching the ball !!
Firesafetydave

Post by Firesafetydave »

Going to go out on a limb and say that JP Doyle managed to ref that game quite well - I was particularly impressed with the bout of handbags late in the second half that he virtually ignored - telling other players not to join because nothing was going on anyway. Commentators said as much - don't let the game slow down, and the players have no time to dwell on incidents.

Mr Doyle was getting a bit sheepish by the end of the game, checking so many things with the TMO, though...
Te audire no possum. Musa sapienum fixa est in aura.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:
baz1664 wrote:Replacements have been poor and that's why we need to strengthen, Balmain looks overweight, The tank not interested and Briggs not good enough; Saracens wouldn't do this, poor poor!! 22 -35 now!!
Some people are hard to please. Would you rather have had players like Logo, Crane, Tait and Ayerza stayed on and risked getting injured despite the fact that we had got the bonus point. Of course making so many changes is bound to cause disruption. Sale had nothing to lose by throwing the ball around by that stage and we did come back strongly towards the end. Why the constant reference to Sarries by some on here? We were playing Sale not Sarries and as I have said before I care about Tigers and don't give a hoot about Sarries. I don't even care what happens next week, what matters now is we have as many fit players for the playoffs and possibly the final. Bring it on.
Haha painfully to say sarries are the best team in the league and possibly Europe, tigers today were outstanding in certain stanzas, as I said previously there were outstanding performances from many of the tigers players but there was an unfortunate lack of quality from the replacements today, we leaked a lot of points and hopefully cockers recruitment will add the strength in depth we need, a superb performance today but just a few things to polish up on :smt023
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

I'm not great fans of either but have to say that both Crane and Allen ( before his injury) played very well today . Lineout was a shambles , scrum average/inconsistent and quality of replacements awful . If Allen is out for a while we need Bowden at 12 . Thought Williams did well apart from those 3 easy kicks he missed . I think every team are playing for 2nd this year though - Sarries look a different class to the rest .
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

A bit of perspective:

That was Sales heaviest defeat of the season
It was the most points they have conceded in a match this season
They have recently beaten both Saints and Bath
Since we beat them back in December they have won 7 and lost 2.

This was an impressive result, and yes there is still room for improvement.