Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
GS
Super User
Super User

Re: Awards

Post by GS »

Oh for heaven's sake, after all these years, where's the link? :smt002

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/193 ... 2ERPyjC-1w :smt023

Can't argue with any of them but the only question I have is, has Boris had an award for service in the past? Like the Vestys and Stauntons of this world who train week in and week out knowing that they aren't going to be first choice but when the call comes they turn out and give it their all for the team. Boris has been one of those who also serve who stand/train and wait and when Marcos was away a couple of years back Boris played the full 80 minutes week in and week out despite obviously not always being 100% fit. A top Tiger and I hope he realises how much he has been appreciated. :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
pipkoi

Post by pipkoi »

I told him so last night :smt002
Pip
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

GS wrote:Oh for heaven's sake, after all these years, where's the link? :smt002

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/193 ... 2ERPyjC-1w :smt023

Can't argue with any of them but the only question I have is, has Boris had an award for service in the past? Like the Vestys and Stauntons of this world who train week in and week out knowing that they aren't going to be first choice but when the call comes they turn out and give it their all for the team. Boris has been one of those who also serve who stand/train and wait and when Marcos was away a couple of years back Boris played the full 80 minutes week in and week out despite obviously not always being 100% fit. A top Tiger and I hope he realises how much he has been appreciated. :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Just bobbed them down from the face book page......Link indeed! Harrumph!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
thunderbirds

Post by thunderbirds »

I wouldn't argue with any of the awards- well deserved but I'm concerned about the dwindling in numbers of Leicester academy players coming through to be these award winners. Obviously we have some great players (Tuilagi/ Youngs etc) that have come through but each week they are the minority of the team. We also seem poorly represented at International youth level. Something wrong at Academy level?
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Nice to see that the four main awards were my picks also, especially pleased for John Griffiths, should be fan of the century. He works tirelessly organising the away supporters club, well done Griff.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

So when were these awarded,
how was it decided
why wasn't I asked to vote
who decided who to nominate and
how did they tell people
when did the vote close

Yes I am ignoramus poor little Isambard, totally disenfranchised by my club to whom I have given so much money and countless more love.

:smt026
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Isambard wrote:So when were these awarded,
how was it decided
why wasn't I asked to vote
who decided who to nominate and
how did they tell people
when did the vote close

Yes I am ignoramus poor little Isambard, totally disenfranchised by my club to whom I have given so much money and countless more love.
OK Isambored, I'll bite on your latest whinge.....to the best of my knowledge anyway....

They were awarded last Tuesday 29th April 2014 at a publicised awards night. The nominated players were voted for by the supporters, as they are every year, and the opportunity to vote was on this website - I voted through a link here. The nominations were put forward by the club I believe, so may be on that you have a point but should we put everyone up and whittle it down like a run off? A bit tedious really. The nominations were advertised on here. the voter closed before the awards were given :smt002

I'm thousands of miles from home with currently dodgy internet - I managed to see them and vote. You should try reading the website instead of expecting others to furnish you with detail.

As you are so obviously disenfranchised by 'your' club, and you have mentioned it many times here to the point of boredom, then I feel that the sooner this woeful season ends and you can refuse to renew your season ticket and disconnect completely you will be able to enjoy your life a little bit more - Tigers obviously cause you much angst :smt003
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
OK Isambored, I'll bite on your latest whinge.....to the best of my knowledge anyway....

They were awarded last Tuesday 29th April 2014 at a publicised awards night. The nominated players were voted for by the supporters, as they are every year, and the opportunity to vote was on this website - I voted through a link here. The nominations were put forward by the club I believe, so may be on that you have a point but should we put everyone up and whittle it down like a run off? A bit tedious really. The nominations were advertised on here. the voter closed before the awards were given :smt002

I'm thousands of miles from home with currently dodgy internet - I managed to see them and vote. You should try reading the website instead of expecting others to furnish you with detail.

As you are so obviously disenfranchised by 'your' club, and you have mentioned it many times here to the point of boredom, then I feel that the sooner this woeful season ends and you can refuse to renew your season ticket and disconnect completely you will be able to enjoy your life a little bit more - Tigers obviously cause you much angst :smt003
Spot on, I bow to you oh great one!
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Thank you.

I had an interesting conversation this week about being a member and being disenfranchised by their lack of paper communications.

Just because I see things differently to you does not mean that I am wrong.
All organisations need to reflect on the needs of their members.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Isambard wrote:Thank you.

I had an interesting conversation this week about being a member and being disenfranchised by their lack of paper communications.

Just because I see things differently to you does not mean that I am wrong.
All organisations need to reflect on the needs of their members.
As a shareholder aren't you entitled by law to paper communications?
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Isambard wrote:Thank you.
Quite welcome :smt023
Isambard wrote:I had an interesting conversation this week about being a member and being disenfranchised by their lack of paper communications.
I hope the outcome was satisfactory.
Isambard wrote:Just because I see things differently to you does not mean that I am wrong.
I do not recall saying you, or you differing point of view, were wrong, except maybe in pointing out where things were advertised and feeling you could have researched it a little better, which could (in extremis) be construed that way. :smt002
Isambard wrote:All organisations need to reflect on the needs of their members.
I agree 100% :smt023 . I would add that I see that as a two way street and maybe members of organistations also need to reflect on the needs of their organisation, and adjust their train of thought and/or expectations occasionally (?)
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.