Who to support?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Who to support?

Post by Bristol Tiger »

I tend to opt for the team with the English players I like and respect.

.... so that would be Toulon with Wilkinson and Steffon Armitage! :smt003
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Do we really want to have RCT as fellow back-to-back Heineken Cup winners alongside us? No thanks.

Hate to say it, but Sarries please.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

DickyP wrote:Can't imagine the circumstances when I'd ever support a foreign team against a English (or in general terms British) one (except perhaps in games deciding qualification and Tigers needing a specific result, but never a final: oh, and I'm willing to make an exception and cheer against Ulster because although they're British, in rugby terms they ain't).

At least we can be grateful that Munster are out - they were distinctly second best against Toulon and only kept in the game by sheer doggedness and some highly 'interpretative' refereeing of the scrum.
DickyP what is your definition of an English team apart from the National team (and even then there is doubt). Toulon have Wilkinson and the Armitage brothers. Burger, Brits, Wyles are hardly English. Tigers have Logo, Mafi, Salvi, Matera, Comacho, Morris, Williams to name a few and next season could well be part Italian.

Sarries if they win HC or do the double will be unbearable. As the HC is coming to an end then if Toulon win they will equal our back to back victories and I can live with that as they will not be able to better it. I think it would be nice for Wilkinson to get another medal as he has very few to show after all these years, though he has the biggest of the lot.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Pam.B

Post by Pam.B »

If Sarries win both HC and Premiership, any supporter that bought their ST before the HC quarter final will get a free ST next year.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:
DickyP wrote:Can't imagine the circumstances when I'd ever support a foreign team against a English (or in general terms British) one (except perhaps in games deciding qualification and Tigers needing a specific result, but never a final: oh, and I'm willing to make an exception and cheer against Ulster because although they're British, in rugby terms they ain't).

At least we can be grateful that Munster are out - they were distinctly second best against Toulon and only kept in the game by sheer doggedness and some highly 'interpretative' refereeing of the scrum.
DickyP what is your definition of an English team apart from the National team (and even then there is doubt). Toulon have Wilkinson and the Armitage brothers. Burger, Brits, Wyles are hardly English. Tigers have Logo, Mafi, Salvi, Matera, Comacho, Morris, Williams to name a few and next season could well be part Italian.

Sarries if they win HC or do the double will be unbearable. As the HC is coming to an end then if Toulon win they will equal our back to back victories and I can live with that as they will not be able to better it. I think it would be nice for Wilkinson to get another medal as he has very few to show after all these years, though he has the biggest of the lot.
Very simple definition indeed for me - a club in England! I'm clearly in a minority on this forum in that I don't begrudge others success, except when the beat Tigers (of course). There are teams, such as Munster, whom I'm always delighted to see lose but that isn't quite the same thing.

I strongly suspect that I'm like most other people and have a hierarchy of preference/support. If you'd lined up the teams in this years HC my hierarchy would have had the 6 AP teams at the top (Tigers, Saints,Exeter, Saracens, Quins & Glos in that order) followed by Clermont (family connections), Ulster, the Italian teams, the Welsh teams, the jocks, the rest of the French teams and the remaining Irish bringing up the rear.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."