Who to support?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Pam.B

Who to support?

Post by Pam.B »

Going to Cardiff with brother and sister in law to HC final. They are both Sarries fans, tickets and hotel were booked months ago. My dilemma - who to support? Tongue in cheek question :smt023

I'm not English so don't necessarily have to support an English team :smt003
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Who to support?

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

If Munster get through thefinal will be rugby as a game (Sarries) v rugby as an institution (Munster). I think you have to support Munster in that situation. If Toulon win tomorrow, both clubs have questionable 'heritages' so it'll be hard to support either but, given the way Saracens are playing, they probably deserve the support.
APM16

Post by APM16 »

I'm going to Cardiff for both European finals and I'll be supporting whoever's playing Northampton :smt015 in the Amlin. Similarly, if Toulon :smt013 get to the Heineken Cup final, I'll support Saracens(best team in the Premiership on this season's form, and on the basis that my enemy's enemy is my friend a mutual hatred of Northampton must count for something). If Munster get to the final, Saracens will need all the neutral support they can get, but my natural affinities would be to Munster.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Pam

Support whoever are playing Saffers.

Regards to brother!

:smt026
Still keeping the faith!
Pam.B

Post by Pam.B »

Cheers Bill - will pass on your regards :smt003
Pam.B

Post by Pam.B »

Definitely neutral it is then. Much less stressful that way. Good weekend in Cardiff, hopefully a half decent game, no stress :smt003
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

Looks like Toulon in the final :smt023
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Too much to ask for a carpet bombing?

I kid, of course. Or do I?

Don't think I could bear it if Sarries won. We will never hear the end of how 'special' they are.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Darc Tiger wrote:Too much to ask for a carpet bombing?

I kid, of course. Or do I?

Don't think I could bear it if Sarries won. We will never hear the end of how 'special' they are.
Will the MS be half empty?

:smt017
Still keeping the faith!
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

I fully expect Alain Rolland to be appointed for this game & being his last you can also expect him to make his mark on it, so Sarries might have to overcome this hurdle as well as Toulon to lift the cup!!
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Step up Saint Wilkinson!
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Can't imagine the circumstances when I'd ever support a foreign team against a English (or in general terms British) one (except perhaps in games deciding qualification and Tigers needing a specific result, but never a final: oh, and I'm willing to make an exception and cheer against Ulster because although they're British, in rugby terms they ain't).

At least we can be grateful that Munster are out - they were distinctly second best against Toulon and only kept in the game by sheer doggedness and some highly 'interpretative' refereeing of the scrum.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Couldn't be bothered now that Clermont and Munster are out, might not even watch it on tele, I think I'd sooner nip down to Leicester and watch a tigers training session hopefully preparing for the Aviva Final a week later.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

DickyP wrote: . . . oh, and I'm willing to make an exception and cheer against Ulster because although they're British, in rugby terms they ain't).
No need. Northern Ireland is 'in' Ulster but Ulster is not exclusively British. You're original logic remains uncontaminated by your lack of support for Ulster. :smt023
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Go to the Amlin and Support Barf.