Hairy Queens game on friday

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hairy Queens game on friday

Post by APJones »

Aviva seem to have written us off already - but not taken account of 3 of our South Pacific Islanders Manu, Logo and Niki
1.Harlequins v Leicester Tigers (Twickenham Stoop, 7.45pm) Live on BT Sport Leicester Tigers' only victory in their last five Aviva Premiership Rugby encounters with Harlequins was 33-16 in last season's Aviva Premiership Rugby semi-final at Welford Road. The Tigers have lost on their last two visits to the Stoop in all tournaments.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Re: Hairy Queens game on friday

Post by Noddy555 »

Never believe what this partyicular journalist quotes, often as not he gets things wrong and is even despised by other sports journalists at lesast the half dozen who are in my acquaintance circle. Harlequins v Leicester is always a tough game and will again be so on Friday. Anyone trying to predict the outcome probably had a runner in the Grand National which fell at the first fence.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Whether we like it or not, these are the facts. You would be hard pressed to make Tigers favourites, especially after the 2 teams' last games in the AP :smt009
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

L Smith wrote:Whether we like it or not, these are the facts. You would be hard pressed to make Tigers favourites, especially after the 2 teams' last games in the AP :smt009
Maybe so but I would not be betting against them.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

according to cockers in the merc we've 'virtually a fully fit' squad to choose from, mentions a few names as unavailable but there is no mention of Mafi. he's been around the matchday squad but still isn't playing. anyone know what's happening with him?
cheers
Rich
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Mafi is fit, so therefore not being selected - usually does not bode too well in terms of a future at the club
Less is more....
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Bunchy wrote:Mafi is fit, so therefore not being selected - usually does not bode too well in terms of a future at the club
According to a Crowson tweet a little while ago he has had loads of niggles since coming back from Aus and he played for the Academy against the Russian team last week, presumably to get some game time in a non too testing environment
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

that would be great - thanks
Less is more....
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

cheers both - let's hope he gets sorted soon
cheers
Rich
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

I think talk of form and favourites has to go out of the window, Tim Wigglesworth is refereeing. Joy.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

Skin_and_Muscle wrote:I think talk of form and favourites has to go out of the window, Tim Wigglesworth is refereeing. Joy.
it will be interesting to see how he reacts after last weeks shenanigans
cheers
Rich
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

If fluffy plays we get the dominance up front, our back row can out compete theirs, but we will have to be on fire. Evans can kick, so we need to watchout for the penalty count. We will have the lineout with our trio of Gibson, Parling and Slater doing the business.So no daft kicking the ball away or Brown will run holes in us.
So they have no ball and we win..................

COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrrrrssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

tigerburnie wrote:If fluffy plays we get the dominance up front, our back row can out compete theirs, but we will have to be on fire. Evans can kick, so we need to watchout for the penalty count. We will have the lineout with our trio of Gibson, Parling and Slater doing the business.So no daft kicking the ball away or Brown will run holes in us.
So they have no ball and we win..................

COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrrrrssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Chutes says that Logo has been training this week and that his substitution was simply precautionary. Cockers has said that he is 'fit' but we all know Cockers records with players being 'fit' :smt003. I don't think Parling will play. Slates is nailed on to start and Deacs brings the grunt so I think they'll start, then we have the luxury of a fresh Kitch coming on with 30 minutes left. Unless Parling has done anything spectacular in training I don't think it would be fair to select him over our other locks who are in superb form at the moment.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Tigerlad IMHO we don't need Deacs grunt in this game. Slater has enough of that and Kitch deserves to start. The forecast is v good and the pitch will be firm, we need Kitch's speed around the park with Parling to come off the bench...

I just hope Allen and Logo are fit, that is massive for us tomorrow (in the absence of Bowden) IMO.
Soggypitch
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Listening to Cockers on the podcast this morning there is no problem with Allen or Logo for tomorrow. Seems Croft isn't ready yet and it sounds like he won't be keen to play him at this stage of the season. Rightly so IMO.