Goldsmiths Stand

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Goldsmiths Stand

Post by ourla »

It was my first time in the Goldsmiths on Saturday. Couple of thoughts. First of it was £35 for me and £15 for my 8yo. This compares with £22 and £0 to go in the family stand at the City. The family stand at the KIng Power is not in a disimilar position. Second, there were massive queues for everything even though I nipped down before the half time whistle had blown. Thirdly, the Droglites bar had hand pulls for Tiger but it wasn't on. The keg Tiger looked and tasted awful and was £3.60 a point. Overall, poor and expensive match day experience.
SilebyTiger

Re: Goldsmiths Stand

Post by SilebyTiger »

The Family Stand prices at the City are generally excellent for that level of Football. Because of the demand I very much doubt Tigers could ever do the same or on such a large scale. £35 is a lot and £15 is a lot for an Under 10 but that's Rugby I'm afraid. It's even worse at places like Northampton and Bath where you're lucky to find a ticket for under £50.

My advice is to get a terrace ticket, get there early, grab a place at the front and soak in the pre-match atmosphere.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

The first three rows in Goldsmiths are cheaper than the rest of the stand.

I agree that it is very expensive. It's very crowded everywhere too.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Thanks for the responses SilebyTiger and Isambard. In some ways you can't argue. Saturdays match was a sell out and there seemed to be plenty of people happy to suffer the queues and rubbish beer. We've been in the GNC a few times and it's a better experience and no more expensive iirc. The terrace is fine for me as I am 6'4" but unless I get their really early it's no good for my son. Will be interesting to see what they set the City prices to now they are in the Prem.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Ourla next time you come to a match call me on 01332 773007 and come as my guest in the Try line club along with your 8yr old. I can promise you a totally different match day experience, sadly the Saracens match is already sold out but anytime next season you wish to give it a try call me.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Noddy555, that is a very generous offer. Many thanks and I'll make a note for next season.
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

Noddy555 wrote:Ourla next time you come to a match call me on xxxxxxxxxx and come as my guest in the Try line club along with your 8yr old. I can promise you a totally different match day experience, sadly the Saracens match is already sold out but anytime next season you wish to give it a try call me.
Hi noddy, you may want to edit your post and remove your number. There are certain people who use automated tools to scour forums, blogs, etc, looking for things that look like phone numbers, email addresses, url's, etc. you are then pretty much stuck as a target for them.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Thanks Cidermark but I'll leave my post unedited, even a NSA Hacker couldn't get into my system at the moment as my lap top has crapped up and my M.A.S. will intercept any phone callers.