Citings

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Citings

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

BJ. wrote:My apologies folks. It was indeed Perenise who was the initial target of Knowle's fists. Obviously my fingers move faster than my brain. :smt053
(Leroy Houston) :smt023
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

In which case, even more apologies. :smt023
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

If the Glos scrum-half gets a long ban and he is moving to the Rabo (or whatever it will be called) next season. Could the ban mean he misses the first few Rabo games?
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I suspect there may be a few in the soup over that scuffle.
Billb
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Billb »

Amazing!!! Punches thrown in all directions, but abendanon and Paul james will only get a post match yellow card for their offences!!
It appears that the TV have more to do with citings than the Citing Officer. If TV pundits go on about an offence, the player gets cited. No comment by the TV pundit = no citing.
Cieran Healy in the international was a classic example. How did he get away with a flying head butt that concussed the opposition player - it was ignored by the TV pundits.
Citing officers were introduced to replace the system whereby the clubs could cite a player after the match for offences not seen by the ref. (Tigers never cited anyone).However the system needs drastic overhaul to make it fair to everyone. A red card should be an automatic reference to the disciplinary committee. The ref has seen the offence and the citing officer should not be involved.A yellow card should only be for 'professional 'fouls, and not rehashed by the citing officer.

As you can see I have a real bee in my bonnet on this issue!
BillB
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Knoyle got four weeks and Puafisi one: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/27053799