Citings

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BengalTiger

Citings

Post by BengalTiger »

The number of citings seems to have gone down a lot this year, and not wishing to provoke the gods but I can't remember any Tigers player getting a citing / ban this season, (was Flood cited?)
Are players more disciplined this year or have they wised up to the all seeing eye of TV, or maybe having Wade Dooley as a blind Pontius Pilot impersonator is the reason
If someone has the stats it would be interesting to see.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Citings

Post by ourla »

For me it's logical and an indication that the system is working. It would always take time but now players have realised that the camera is always on them all them. If they don't get pinged in the game by the officials there is a decent chance it will still be spotted and reported post match. Plus there has been a lot more coverage of injuries to players which I think has made players think a bit more about what they are doing. Long may it continue. No doubt there will be a couple turn up now this thread has been started :smt002
tig1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tig1 »

If a player is banned for serious foul play....let's say gouging, biting etc, something that gets him a massive ban.....I am assuming there are clauses in his contract of employment that reference that ?
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

tig1 wrote:If a player is banned for serious foul play....let's say gouging, biting etc, something that gets him a massive ban.....I am assuming there are clauses in his contract of employment that reference that ?
Maybe this explains why Hartley stays at Saints. Nobody else would want him with his disciplinary record.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
lee

Post by lee »

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

methinks someone spoke toooooooo soooooooon!!! Just watched the Glaws v Bath game and the citings officer will be on a large overtime payment after this one - just like the good old days - hehehehehehe
Hehehehehehehehe
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

trendylfj wrote:methinks someone spoke toooooooo soooooooon!!! Just watched the Glaws v Bath game and the citings officer will be on a large overtime payment after this one - just like the good old days - hehehehehehe
Bottle thrown at the ref as well apparently. Not a good advert for the game, it will be interesting to see what the response will be, several other players could also have been red carded.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

I watched end of Gloucs v Bath in car after game, before driving obviously, I think once Mr Wigglesworth decided that he was giving a penalty to Bath for the restart and hence pretty much ending the game, he probably thought he'd leave it to the citing commissioner to sort out the rest. I think the referral to the TMO served 2 purposes, firstly to just double check that Knoyle's assault wasn't a retaliation for something else and his instinct that it was an instant red was right, it was, and to have a break to calm things.

Austin seemed adamant that no further action was or will be necessary because he thought that retaliation is justified after a second punch! Um, that remains unclear!
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I cant record it to watch it more carefully but I thought Bath 15 threw a couple which were not "retaliation". I also am not sure if retaliation is a defence M'lord. It seemed that something must have happened on the floor in the ruck as the player carded was certainly "upset" about the player he went after who was just a little bigger than him - not sure of the names as I only caught the last 7 minutes on my computer.
Hehehehehehehehe
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

trendylfj wrote:I cant record it to watch it more carefully but I thought Bath 15 threw a couple which were not "retaliation". I also am not sure if retaliation is a defence M'lord. It seemed that something must have happened on the floor in the ruck as the player carded was certainly "upset" about the player he went after who was just a little bigger than him - not sure of the names as I only caught the last 7 minutes on my computer.
That's about what I thought happened, but Austin thought it was all OK!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

trendylfj wrote:I cant record it to watch it more carefully but I thought Bath 15 threw a couple which were not "retaliation". I also am not sure if retaliation is a defence M'lord. It seemed that something must have happened on the floor in the ruck as the player carded was certainly "upset" about the player he went after who was just a little bigger than him - not sure of the names as I only caught the last 7 minutes on my computer.
Bath got a good maul going from the line-out and were clearly heading for the try line, Tavis Knoyle (great name!) deliberately went to ground thus causing the maul to collapse, Mr Wigglesworth saw this and immediately went under the posts and gave a penalty try, Knoyle got up and threw 2-3 punches at Nick Abendanon who retaliated after the first couple.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

While I do not condone the assault of one player on another, the ref Tim Wrigglesworth (TW) didn't help matters. If I had a £5 for every time TW blew his whistle I would have enough for a Tigers season ticket. He picked on every little transgression and totally stopped the flow of the game, which IMO leads to frustration amongst the players and tempers get quickly frayed. I have no issues with a ref stamping his authority on the game because he should. That is what he is there for? A warning followed by an early yellow will often focus the players mind on what they can cheat at and not. To continually blow the whistle for the smallest of infringements spoils it for everyone and IMO, all TW did was stoke the embers of a derby game that already had the breeze of bragging rights bringing the pot to the boil.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Northeast Tiger

Post by Northeast Tiger »

BJ. wrote:
Bath got a good maul going from the line-out and were clearly heading for the try line, Tavis Knoyle (great name!) deliberately went to ground thus causing the maul to collapse, Mr Wigglesworth saw this and immediately went under the posts and gave a penalty try, Knoyle got up and threw 2-3 punches at Nick Abendanon who retaliated after the first couple.

BJ I like your posts and you are normally spot on, but you need to go to Spec savers my friend on your review of this match.
Tavis Knoyle did collapse the maul illegally, and the ref gave a penalty try under the posts. The Bath number 8 was lying next to Knoyle on the floor(who was trapped) and started patting him across the chest and telling him well done you Welsh ????? you have given us the game. (Or words to that affect)
The eight then walked off and was being congratulated by a team mate, when Knoyle got free he then ran at the eight and smacked him twice before getting a south sea right cross to the head. Abendanon who was not involved ran across and also :censored: Knoyle. The rest was handbags apart from a Gloucester prop who managed to get two upercuts in to a Bath player also. They were all calming each other down and reminding themselves of the amount of Cameras watching.
Knoyle lost the plot and should get a lengthy ban. Abendanon should get a one week ban, although he is lucky to still have is head on his shoulders.
Wigglesworth needs sitting down and taught how to put his whistle in his pocket and have a bit more empathy with the players. I agree a stern talking to for slowing the ball down early on may have helped.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

BJ. wrote:
Just watched it several times on youtube and it definitely was not Abendanon who was hit by Knoyle - it was Bath's sub no 8 with number 18 on his back who was being punch by Knoyle. Abendanon was running past and saw what happened and went in and threw 2 unanswered punches and should also be in trouble.
Hehehehehehehehe
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

My apologies folks. It was indeed Perenise who was the initial target of Knowle's fists. Obviously my fingers move faster than my brain. :smt053
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.