Parling back

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

lee

Parling back

Post by lee »

Mercury site quoting cockers " “Parling will be available for selection if he gets through training today and Thursday "
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Re: Parling back

Post by BJ. »

As is the BBC here.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

That's good news and the timing may just be right as I think Cockers may just juggle his resources this Saturday.

For example I would change the whole pack, starting with;

Stanko, Hawkins, Balmain, Kitchener, Parling, Matera, Waldrom, Mafi (if he's fit and here).

We can still have the cavalry on the bench, but that 8 should be good enough v Wasps at home.

I would also bring in Flood and Mele to give Youngs and OW a rest, but otherwise leave the back line the same.

That should be a good enough team, with sensible use of replacements IMO.
Soggypitch
tigergirl
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by tigergirl »

Have to say that I disagree Soggypitch.At this stage of the season it's all about momentum and making as many changes as you suggest would be counterproductive. Wasps had a very good win against Gloucester at the weekend and by all accounts played well so we can't afford to take them lightly or seem to be disrespectful. Mulipola must surely have a rest as he looked battered on Saturday and Marcos could perhaps start on the bench but why change the half backs when they are going so well and beginning to get the backline going? Slater needs to be there as he is playing out of his skin and developing into a fine captain. I'm sure there will be changes, but not too many. How many times this season have subs come on and the playing level has dropped markedly. Continuity is key IMHO.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Great to see him back, always good to see players available and strengthening the squad, just need Crofty, Morris and Benjamin now. Shame about Cole not being around, but I'm sure players will step up and make their mark.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

According to here in today's Merc, Niall Morris should also be available this weekend and Gonzalo Camacho is only another week away.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

Re Parling, I'm with Tigergirl on this one, the old adage is 'if it aint broke don't try and fix it'.

6 wins on the trot and the last 2 opponents were very good squads. Gibson and Slater will take some shifting from the starting line up in my opinion!
tig1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tig1 »

Great to see Geoff back. His injury came at such an unjust time for him having played for the Lions and established himself with England

I hope he stays injury free now through to the World Cup. He will be 32 years old by then, so it really is such an important moment in his career.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Reckon Saturday team will be

Ayerza
Youngs
Logo
Slater
Deacon
Gibson
Salvi
Crane
Youngs
Williams
Scully
Allen
Tualigi
Goneva
Tait

Hawkins
Stanko
Balmain
Parling
Matera/Mafi
Mele
Flood
Hamilton

Why because we need to win and get as much points on the table as possible and we need to respect Wasps.

Saints have Saracens away who will want to beat them and end any chances of Saints getting the 1st spot and who will not want to lose again at home to Saints.

So if it was a perfect weekend with Tigers getting 5 and Saints getting 0 it would make it a a 2 point difference, and puts saints under huge pressure.

The boys will get a weeks rest now in 3 weeks time unlike Bath, Saints and Saracens.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

My view is little will change - we have 2 gams, then a week off, then 2 more - only 4 games guaranteed so if you are fit, you are playing at this stage of the season
Less is more....
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Soggy makes a fair point. I would like to see out front row looked after. Logo is immense at present. However, I'm sure we can beat Wasps without him, Marcus and Tom Youngs. Elsewhere we have a bit more cover for injuries.

How are Wasps two flyers. Are they both available on the wings does anybody know?
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Let's get the game won and BP secured. Then players can be rested. As we've seen in the HC a home semi is worth gunning for. Having been knocked out of that compy the focus has changed. We should take Saturdays game and opposition seriously. We don't want it to be a battle and having to send for the cavalry at 60 minutes. Have the cavalry start and put them to the sword as early as possible. Get most of the job done in the first 50/60 minutes and then start resting players. Or even make one or two changes at half time if it's going well.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

RagingBull wrote:Reckon Saturday team will be

Ayerza
Youngs
Logo
Slater
Deacon
Gibson
Salvi
Crane
Youngs
Williams
Scully
Allen
Tualigi
Goneva
Tait

Hawkins
Stanko
Balmain
Parling
Matera/Mafi
Mele
Flood
Hamilton

Why because we need to win and get as much points on the table as possible and we need to respect Wasps.

Saints have Saracens away who will want to beat them and end any chances of Saints getting the 1st spot and who will not want to lose again at home to Saints.

So if it was a perfect weekend with Tigers getting 5 and Saints getting 0 it would make it a a 2 point difference, and puts saints under huge pressure.

The boys will get a weeks rest now in 3 weeks time unlike Bath, Saints and Saracens.
I totally agree with this, for a home semi we have to put out our strongest side and go for as many points as possible.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

You all make very fair points and I suppose Cockers will know who needs a rest and who doesn't. In him I trust (most of the time :smt003 )!
Soggypitch
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Logo, Salvi, Allen, Scully all took knocks on Saturday, Scully looked worse for wear when boarding the bus, but hey ho, who knows, some of them just seem to thrive on knocks cuts and bruises.