The Champions Cup - Fixtures announced (Updated)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Re: the Champions Cup

Post by Noddy555 »

Well Ourla most posters on this forum, live in cloud cuckoo land with a silver and green & red lining. It's only when they take their heads out of the trough that reality strikes.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Noddy555 wrote:Well Ourla most posters on this forum, live in cloud cuckoo land with a silver and green & red lining. It's only when they take their heads out of the trough that reality strikes.
Reality:

1. There is no Welsh participation agreement;

2. There is no PRO 12 Sponsor.

Unless you and your usually unreliable sources know different!

:smt003
Still keeping the faith!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Patience is a word(as well as a virtue) that seems lost on some, we don't know any of the details, but all and sundry are happy to jump to conclusions and then post it as fact, good grief.

(Oh and nurse I need more medication, I'm agreeing with Bill again here) :smt002
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Pateince will be needed but at least the PRO12 has a product with some meaningful competition. However the WRU is such a splenetic organisation I can't see an amicable relationship without at least one head rolling......thye should elect Rob Davies as Welsh Rugby supremo!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Noddy555 wrote:Well Ourla most posters on this forum, live in cloud cuckoo land with a silver and green & red lining. It's only when they take their heads out of the trough that reality strikes.
I find the reference to reality somewhat undermined by the the mention of silver in what is, presumably, a reference to Tigers colours :smt002
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Patience.

I am reminded of the cartoon showing two vultures sitting on the branch of a tree.

One says to the other "Patience be damned - lets kill something!"
Still keeping the faith!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Yes Bill(2) watch this space, I fully expect the 2 points you rfaised to be
clarified by the end of May. It's funny when you set up something how quickly sponsors come out of the woodwork even some who have naysayed the competition previousley. As for the Vultures cartoon are'nt you a bit premature, in my mind they're not even circling overhead.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Noddy555 wrote:Yes Bill(2) watch this space, I fully expect the 2 points you rfaised to be
clarified by the end of May. It's funny when you set up something how quickly sponsors come out of the woodwork even some who have naysayed the competition previousley. As for the Vultures cartoon are'nt you a bit premature, in my mind they're not even circling overhead.
The end of May 2014?

About 3 weeks ago it was "in the next two weeks"!!
Still keeping the faith!
misty
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by misty »

jgriffin wrote:..... However the WRU is such a splenetic organisation I can't see an amicable relationship without at least one head rolling......thye should elect Rob Davies as Welsh Rugby supremo!
Luckily, a guy (David Moffett) is about to call an EGM for a vote of no-confidence in the WRU, and then seek election as Chairman of the WRU and hopefully rid us of David Pickering. He is a former CEO of both the WRU and NZRU. He is giving the WRU a torrid time at the moment.

This article below is worth a read, especially the comparisons betreen the board member make-up of the WRU, RFU & SRFU at the end of article. And even more especially the bit concerning David Pickering, the current WRU chairman

http://moffettrugby.com/
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Thanks for that, misty, an interesting read.

Should we hold our breath?

:smt017
Still keeping the faith!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

misty wrote:
jgriffin wrote:..... However the WRU is such a splenetic organisation I can't see an amicable relationship without at least one head rolling......thye should elect Rob Davies as Welsh Rugby supremo!
Luckily, a guy (David Moffett) is about to call an EGM for a vote of no-confidence in the WRU, and then seek election as Chairman of the WRU and hopefully rid us of David Pickering. He is a former CEO of both the WRU and NZRU. He is giving the WRU a torrid time at the moment.

This article below is worth a read, especially the comparisons betreen the board member make-up of the WRU, RFU & SRFU at the end of article. And even more especially the bit concerning David Pickering, the current WRU chairman

My fingers will be crossed. Sanity may break out. So many false dawns for Wales though.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

misty wrote:

Very well found article Misty, It explains clearly WHY the Welsh game is in a dire state. The WRU Board is like a "Retired Members Club for failed Business's ""
Look who they worked for Hoover -Merthyr , Llanwern Steel ,British Leyland ALL closed down and Llanelli Market-Hardly a rival to Smithfield or Covent Garden.
Look at the ages 81 , 80 , 78 , 73 , 72 , 70 , 69 , 69 , 63 years
This is a disgrace given the wealth of latent Welsh Rugby managerial talent, and then no alternative welsh language on the site.
Good Luck David Moffett The game needs you and ex players + professionals + female board member to transform the game of Rugby there.
Very well worth a read, I can see why Big Dai needs plenty of Remy there.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Bill (2) & Griff. No Bill I mean by Saturday 31st of May 2014 or if you're splitting hairs Monday the 2nd of June as apart from Tiger's wins nothing good seems to be reported on a saturday & Griff you really need to stop reading John Bunyan you seem to be permanently enmeshed in a Slough of Despondency.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Noddy555 wrote:Bill (2) & Griff. No Bill I mean by Saturday 31st of May 2014 or if you're splitting hairs Monday the 2nd of June as apart from Tiger's wins nothing good seems to be reported on a saturday & Griff you really need to stop reading John Bunyan you seem to be permanently enmeshed in a Slough of Despondency.
I lived in Wales for a decade and knew several of the WRU people as well as following the Whites. It seems to me that very little has changed in the 'Taffia' at local and national level - hence my pessimism about radical change. I do hope for much better, as I loved the passion for rugby that existed back then, and hope for a modest revival below national team level.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
Baggy Trousers

Post by Baggy Trousers »

Afternoon Chaps, oh well another season done and dusted sadly.

Just wondering how you were all feeling about the inspiring flow of information about the new HC?

Its strangely quiet isn't it. Seems sponsors, sorry "corporate partners" appear to have become reluctant suitors given Heineken's treatment by the new wave rubgy bosses.

Anyone hear anything more encouraging?

Oh in case you were worrying about the Pro12, sponsor sorted, major European airline, not Irish you'll be thrilled to know :smt044 , to be announced in the next week or two.

Getting rather worried about where next season's Euro cash bonanza is coming from. Surely some of you have heard credible whispers? Sadly I've been told there are no companies remotely close to committing, hope someone can debunk that........ seriously I really do, we need the cash.

Wasn't going to mention it but may as well whilst I'm here. Easy seeing with the events of the last week why the Scots had little to say & the RRW "stood shoulder to shoulder with PRL". Bought and paid for by BT. :smt002 I'm wondering when we are going to be made an offer? And lovely to see PRL punishing the WRU also, oh how I laughed.

Have a good summer chaps, draw for pools coming up shortly, early June I believe, wonder what the odds are of us meeting again?

Pip pip.