The Champions Cup - Fixtures announced (Updated)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: the Champions Cup

Post by Bill W (2) »

Baggy Trousers wrote:Anyone hear anything more encouraging?

Hi Baggy

My understanding is that there has been something of a "bidding war" going on between "corporate partners" with Heineken upping the stakes. Expect an announcement in the next couple of weeks.

Marked contrast to the PRO12 where you have been forced to accept the (low) airline offer.

Have a good summer!
Still keeping the faith!
Baggy Trousers

Post by Baggy Trousers »

Ah Bill,lovely to hear from you again.

G'wan g'wan g'wan Bill tell me more, about the Airline offer & of course the vital bidding war, vital to all our interests.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Baggy Trousers wrote:Ah Bill,lovely to hear from you again.

G'wan g'wan g'wan Bill tell me more, about the Airline offer & of course the vital bidding war, vital to all our interests.
What's to tell Baggy?

PRO12 get a "take it or leave it" offer and in the absence of a better one are forced to take it.

EC one would be (sole)sponsor v eight "partners".

Alas in this as in other things the language of negotiation is lost on too many of our Celtic brethren (particularly the Welsh!)

btw have they got a participation agreement yet?
Still keeping the faith!
Baggy Trousers

Post by Baggy Trousers »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Baggy Trousers wrote:Ah Bill,lovely to hear from you again.

What's to tell Baggy?

PRO12 get a "take it or leave it" offer and in the absence of a better one are forced to take it.

EC one would be (sole)sponsor v eight "partners".

Alas in this as in other things the language of negotiation is lost on too many of our Celtic brethren (particularly the Welsh!)

btw have they got a participation agreement yet?
Which Airline made that offer Bill? You think they were the only game in town? Not so.

The Welsh? In truth I have more or less lost interest in them, for now at least, they are terribly limited in their comprehension of most things sadly, you can only listen to so much in any given season of their nonsense.

Underneath it all, I quite like them but they have been naughty naughty boys this year Bill & their in-fighting is so so tedious. I don't see that clown Moffett healing any rifts. :smt009

Now, you are giving little or nothing here Bill, I'm not convinced that there is yet a single Corporate Partner and surely they won't make the massive U-turn of a single sponsor, that would be some climbdown & an admission of failure at the first hurdle? I'm sure you would agree.
misty
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by misty »

Baggy Trousers wrote:The Welsh? In truth I have more or less lost interest in them, for now at least, they are terribly limited in their comprehension of most things sadly, you can only listen to so much in any given season of their nonsense.

Underneath it all, I quite like them but they have been naughty naughty boys this year Bill & their in-fighting is so so tedious. I don't see that clown Moffett healing any rifts. :smt009
Please don't lose interest in us, Baggy, after all, we do play in the Irish league.

We are naughty boys though, we took on the WRU and IRFU on the ERC issue and won.

As you probably know BT Sport will be our (RRW regions) main sponsors from next season.

A little more info for you......
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/m ... ugby-7s-bt
Interesting first paragraph, don't you think?

It will be happy days when BT Sport gets the Welsh get out of the Irish league altogether.
Oh, how we will miss the Irish.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Ouch!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Out of interest, does anyone know how much the 7s tournament is worth to clubs? The crowds are generally pretty poor (for Tigers levels) so income must come from the sponsors more than anything.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Baggy Trousers wrote: Just wondering how you were all feeling about the inspiring flow of information about the new HC?
Always good to see you here, Baggy, but there is NO 'new HC'!

Oh in case you were worrying about the Pro12, sponsor sorted, major European airline, not Irish you'll be thrilled to know ... , to be announced in the next week or two.

Getting rather worried about where next season's Euro cash bonanza is coming from. Surely some of you have heard credible whispers? Sadly I've been told there are no companies remotely close to committing, hope someone can debunk that........ seriously I really do, we need the cash.

Pip pip.
No doubt you will be demanding that the full details be sent to you post haste for your approval, just as you did for the PRL BT deal!

Has your expert friend Snipe worked out the tax domiciliation problems of the new governing body yet? Presumably they have asked for his considerable expertise.
:smt003 :smt003

Like you, I can't believe that anyone would be interested in sponsoring a competition which can deliver audience growth like this one has!

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/194 ... 3yKZ9JdXko
misty
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by misty »

Cardiff Tig wrote:Out of interest, does anyone know how much the 7s tournament is worth to clubs? The crowds are generally pretty poor (for Tigers levels) so income must come from the sponsors more than anything.
I don't know but some more info re. the tournament.

http://www.premiershiprugby.com/mobile/ ... iw.twitter
tjs10
Super User
Super User

Post by tjs10 »

I wouldn't really call Turkish a "major european airline".

They are on a bit of an expansion drive at the moment (both in terms of brand awareness & pilot recruitment) and fly to a hell of a lot of destinations but I wouldn't really consider them a major European player.
KUSADASI TIGER

Post by KUSADASI TIGER »

Turkish Airlines are the 6th biggest European airline behind
1/. Lufthansa
2/. Ryanair
3/.Air France-KLM2
4/. International Airlines Group
5/.easyJet
6/. Turkish Airlines

so i would say yes they are a major airline
be happy and save energy a smile uses less muscles than a frown
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Sixth best airline for sixth best league?

Oooh! Who are the other three?

:smt017
Still keeping the faith!
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

KUSADASI TIGER wrote:Turkish Airlines are the 6th biggest European airline behind
1/. Lufthansa
2/. Ryanair
3/.Air France-KLM2
4/. International Airlines Group
5/.easyJet
6/. Turkish Airlines

so i would say yes they are a major airline
So Flyonaprayer (Ryanair) are bigger than the group that owns the national carriers of Spain and Britain?

Lies, damn lies, and statistics???
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

Sorry :smt004 accidentally double posted!
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Ryanair carried 81.4 million passengers in. 2013. IAG carried 67.2 million.