The best Tigers player that never was..

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

The best Tigers player that never was..

Post by JackFlashJonny »

The below piece speaks to me on so many levels.

Quite simply the most gifted rugby player I have ever seen Rupeni Caucaunibuca almost became a Tiger.

I can even remember my excitement reading the Mercury when it said he may be coming but alas it never was very much symptomatic of his rugby career.

http://www.espn.co.uk/newzealand/rugby/ ... 19727.html

The most stunning attacking player there has ever been in my opinion I have an article from when I was in Nz during the 2011 world cup in which they were discussing him and when apparently in a race at the Blues between Howlett, Rocokoko and Caucau the latter slipped on the start line and still smashed his rivals such was his searing pace.

If only we could have had one year seeing him in the Tigers team..If only
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: The best Tigers player that never was..

Post by RagingBull »

Would have been nice but his attitude sounded horrible didn't turn up in the end all sorts of stuff.

In the end I'm glad he didn't come really. in his prime was the best winger ever to play imo, but by the time he was linked with us and stuff he had that much baggage.
SilebyTiger

Re: The best Tigers player that never was..

Post by SilebyTiger »

Without doubt the most gifted player I've ever seen. During 2002-03 at the Blues he was simply unplayable and then he capped it off at the World Cup by making France and Scotland look like mugs.