Sinners v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Sinners v Tigers

Post by tigerburnie »

Now clearly neither side actually HAS to win, but equally this is a local derby where both sides WANT to win. I just wonder if cracks are beginning to show at the sharp end of the season again and the pressure is getting to those at the Gardens. Mallinder did not seem a happy bunny when interviewed after last weekends game, is panic stting in? especially after our demolition of the side they lost to and the manner in how it was done.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: Sinners v Tigers

Post by Soggypitch »

I've already said on another thread that if we can win on Saturday, IMO Saints could get a severe attack of the yips (as we golfers say)!

Let's hope so, and I'm particularly looking forward to the Youngs/Hartley battle under the auspices of W Barnes! Let's hope DH minds his p's and q's NOT :smt003

Personally I would pick Flood (but appreciate I may now be in a minority), also Kitchener over Deacon and I really hope Tait is fit, we will need his pace to combat Foden.

Oh and Niki will need to have his tackling boots on this week, he'll be up against a certain G North.

We looked fresh last week and saints not, long may that last.

I have a good feeling about this game....bring it on!!!
Soggypitch
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

And the man in the middle is.......................WAYNE BARNES!!!

Sorry Soggy - hadn't noticed your reference to Barnes.
Give blood, play rugby!!
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

liked how mallindar was bemoaning the fact the team 'hadn't been together for a few weeks' lol - welcome to our world for the last n seasons...
cheers
Rich
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Soggypitch wrote:I've already said on another thread that if we can win on Saturday, IMO Saints could get a severe attack of the yips (as we golfers say)!

Let's hope so, and I'm particularly looking forward to the Youngs/Hartley battle under the auspices of W Barnes! Let's hope DH minds his p's and q's NOT :smt003

Personally I would pick Flood (but appreciate I may now be in a minority), also Kitchener over Deacon and I really hope Tait is fit, we will need his pace to combat Foden.

Oh and Niki will need to have his tackling boots on this week, he'll be up against a certain G North.

We looked fresh last week and saints not, long may that last.

I have a good feeling about this game....bring it on!!!
Personally if I was Cockers I'd have Manu running straight down Burrell's channel until he knows why he will never be first choice 13. I have to say that for me Williams needs to start, Williams is in great form at the moment and Floody didn't look too sharp when he came on. I'd start Deacon over Kitch. A blind man wearing a blindfold could see that Northamptons game is based upon winning the collisions, if they can't do this (LV cup final) then they are beatable. I'd argue that North will need to bring his tackling boots because he will be up against a certain Goneva. We did look fresh last week and all of our key players played well which is obviously important. I believe we've massively benefited from the break, we've had all but a few players together and have had time to prepare thoroughly for such a tough period with trips to Saints and Clermont. Lots of sub plots in this game though. Youngs against Hartley, Youngs against Dickson, Manu and Burrell, Tait and Foden, Niki and North and the clash between the forwards. Then you also have to try and comprehend why the RFU has AGAIN chosen Barnes to ref this match, are their really no other refs? If we win we will also have the joy of listening to Saints whining on how they were 'robbed' again. How can you be robbed 8 times in a row? :smt042 I kid. In an ideal world Youngs outshines Hartley by achieving 100% lineout completion again while Hartley flounders, Manu repeatedly sits Burrell down on his :censored: and Northampton lose by 30+ points at home to their biggest rivals! Again..... In all seriousness though we need to at least match their intensity and show some of the play we exhibited against the Chiefs. I'm genuinely looking forward to a great game between two fantastic clubs. Tigers by 11 :smt027
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Northampton Saints v Leicester Tigers (Franklin's Gardens, 3.15pm) Live on BT Sport
Referee: Wayne Barnes (135th Premiership game).
Assistant Referees: Roger Bailiff & Gordon Goodliffe. TMO: Trevor Fisher.
Leicester Tigers are undefeated in their last nine encounters with Northampton Saints in all tournaments since the Saints won 27-19 at Franklin's Gardens in the Premriship in the opening round of the 2010/11 season. The Tigers have won on their last two visits to Northampton but have not won three in a row at the
venue since 2002.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Barnes as ref again?! No chance of Tigers winning then unless Hartley sticks the nut on him.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

I think both teams dislike him equally, so it will be interesting to see which way he goes.............
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Got a horrid feeling we might cop a harsh red card this week.
Johndudey
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Johndudey »

I think if we play like last weekend we'll be able to pull it off. As long as we keep the ball we'll be loving it.
I am hoping it's just a great game of rugby and that Barnes is just a little on his game. Either way, I reckon it could be the game of the season.
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

I am not a fan or Wayne Barnes, but he may take to the captaincy of Ed Slater more than he will Dylan Hartley. Add a random yellow card factor in, and it might not do us much harm
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

coupled with Hartley's history, another yellow last week... and Slater's level head could be interesting esp. if we get ahead and rattle them a little bit
cheers
Rich
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Myler and Dickinson are in doubt for Sat and are to undergo a late fitness test Friday.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

[quote="RagingBull"]Myler and Dickinson are in doubt for Sat and are to undergo a late fitness test Friday.[/quote

Smoke and mirrors I bet at least one if not both will be fit. That said I hope I am wrong :smt002
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I think saints are more confident on Dickinson but Myler has been out for a bit.

Who Knows.