Sinners v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BJ.
Super User
Super User

Re: Sinners v Tigers

Post by BJ. »

Seven stitches in his head but did they bother him? NO!

I have to ask - Anthony Allen, are you Julian Salvi in disguise? I salute you, sir!

p.s. I am drunk but I am now about to get very drunk. It's fun when the owner of your local is a Stains supporter. Arrivaderci brain cells, I'll see you on Monday.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

By my very ignorant prediction of results in the run-in, it'll be a Saints v Tigers semi at Franklins Gardens. They'll have manoa and myler back: we'll have Croft and Parling, (possibly Benjamin, too). Statistically, we'd be better off with Saints away, than Sarries at home, (not that that would be in any way a possibility).
Come on Tigers: you're starting to make the Premiership nervous again! :smt019
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

If, and I repeat if, Nobby assualted Barnes, then the only reasonable outcome can be a minimum 3 year ban from any role in the game, if not a lifetime ban.
IMHO
Last edited by Bill W (2) on Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still keeping the faith!
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

Soggypitch wrote:Fantastic heart stopping game!!

.......... but we were lucky Myler was missing.
Don't think so! Never been impressive - very flakey. With or without him is of no consequence :smt025 :smt001
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
Johndudey
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Johndudey »

Tigers played outstanding. Yes, I would prefer Saints in the semi, but now, any team is good! We really did look unbeatable! Cmon you Tigers! Just the HC now :smt023
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I just hope that Bubbles keeps drinking from the fountain of youth that he found.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Well, I found that very refreshing. The win? No. The way we bossed the first half? No. The way we held on? No. It was the flow of injured players leaving the field not to return - AND THEY WERE'NT OURS!!!!! And the club management (probably) getting into trouble with the officials - NOT OURS!!!!

Another Tigers team performance. I admit I was very sceptical about all the talk of us coming good in the run in. I couldn't see where it would come from but the second half at Falcons looked good. The 3 week lay off has worked wonders. I don't even want to think about what happened but even with 3 Lions missing we look good now.

Our destiny is only partly in our hands, but I do believe we will be in the semis, where is another story. Sorries are out of sight, but the question must be, 'Are Stains going into meltdown?' Too early to say, but if only because they are a niggley and mardy team at heart, I really hope so.

Another great team performance and Slater just gets better, as does Williams. Great job guys. :smt023 :smt023 :smt023

PS Logovi'i Mulipola = Fluffy or = Wooly Pully. Nah Logovi'i Mulipola = Steam'i Roller. Wind him up and watch him go!
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

This beer's tasting very nice tonight! Can't think why! :smt030
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
tig1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tig1 »

rocktop51 wrote:
Big Dai wrote:
kpj tiger wrote:Every player was outstanding today, Williams proved his selection over Flood with a great display, Ben Youngs is getting back to his best and the Pack was brilliant, and anybody who doubted Floods commitment to Tigers needs to see his reaction when he won the penalty for holding on - ALWAYS A TIGER!!!!!!!
I liked that bit too!
Anyone who thinks Toby would not give his all to the club is being disingenuous at best. He has always been a model professional who as captain led from the front. I for one am sorry to see him go and thank him for everything he has done over the years. :smt023
He will go out a winner at Twickenham this year. I think Tigers will go 100 percent on the run in now, with a bucket load of tries. Saracens in the final will be a major challenge, but other than that I think team wins well.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

GS wrote:Well, I found that very refreshing. The win? No. The way we bossed the first half? No. The way we held on? No. It was the flow of injured players leaving the field not to return - AND THEY WERE'NT OURS!!!!!
Never pleased to see injured players. :smt013 :smt018

Fine Win.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
JimmyK

Post by JimmyK »

A great result on a fine day. Unfortunately slightly tarnished by a particularly unpleasant Saints fan on the terraces who felt the need to make remarks in my direction during the match before giving me an expletive laden rant at the end about our team and the referee. He was at least in his 40s as well. A fine example to set to the nearby children.

Others, thankfully, were much more mature (as has always been the case previously)
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

RagingBull wrote:
Cardiff Tig wrote:
Pretty sure the ref can only stop the game if he touches the ball, doesn't matter if he obstructs a player.

Nope he can stop play if he thinks he interfered enough that it made a difference in the play.
Well if decisions counted he'd have to stop pretty much every game he's ever reffed then. :smt002
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

sapajo wrote:Very strange changes :smt017 Hope Hamilton last the 80mins do not fancy Smith at full back!
Last 80 minutes!!!

Am a great Hamilton fan and thinks he is still as good as Tait. He was excellent throughout and saved the game at the end!
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

h's dad wrote:
Except when Dull'un Hartley threw himself, shoulder first, into a ruck with a flying arm onto the top of OTY's head. Result - DH injures himself and has to leave the field. Oh, how we laughed!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

h's dad wrote:
GS wrote:Well, I found that very refreshing. The win? No. The way we bossed the first half? No. The way we held on? No. It was the flow of injured players leaving the field not to return - AND THEY WERE'NT OURS!!!!!

Fine Win.
I didn't say I was pleased. I said it was refreshing as in it makes a change. :smt018
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.