Re: Sinners v Tigers

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Learn something everyday!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

A rumour doing the rounds that Bleddyn commented after the match that Nobby had 'laid hands' on Wayne Barnes.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

fentiger wrote:A rumour doing the rounds that Bleddyn commented after the match that Nobby had 'laid hands' on Wayne Barnes.
Wouldn't surprise me Nobby can act like a child a lot of the times.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

RagingBull wrote:
fentiger wrote:A rumour doing the rounds that Bleddyn commented after the match that Nobby had 'laid hands' on Wayne Barnes.
Who the heck is Nobby :smt017
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
pipkoi

Post by pipkoi »

On radio 5 Live it was reported that Tom Youngssaid that he was bitten during the match & RFU are investigating. Just going to watch recording of match.
Anyone see any sign of this?
Pip
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

sapajo wrote:
RagingBull wrote:
Who the heck is Nobby :smt017
Most terribly sorry... D West!
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

I think it's a reference to Dorian West.
Give blood, play rugby!!
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

Another good game, but we will need to be on top form next week. Youngs should never have been carded, but I was worried Goneva might get two for the same move! It seems Rob Hawkins is leaving according to his twitter post - very good player but I don't think we saw the best of him
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Thank you :smt023 No doubt unlike Cockerill no one will be calling or emailing the RFU to demand that he be banned from the pitch side :smt011
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

In fairness to Barnes, I thought he was fairly even-handed in his decision-making up to YBY's yellow: both Wood for the slap down and Goneva for the high tackle should have gone but didn't. I'll leave you, the reader, to decide what 'even-handed' means in this context!

We were pretty darned good I thought & a joy to watch whereas Saints did not play to their potential - missed penalties, early loss of Hartley and the Australian who obviously ate all the pies (forget his name, Bunter ??) etc - so before their fans moan at Barnes and the timing of our medical staff members no doubt accidental step on the ball, I suggest they look at those aspects of their game first.

As for Dickson's supposed poleaxing....what a disgrace. The boy needs to think about the (great)club he represents and not imagine he's playing for the Cobblers at Sixfields. Perhaps Mallinder should farm him out to Newbury for a couple of weeks so he can imbibe some of the real spirit of the game.

Fantastic win boys and indeed bring on the rest of the season !!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

worzol99 wrote:A Great win by tigers that keeps our run going. Watching BT sports did anyone think saints first try was lost forward? As a whole was disappointed with Bt's coverage today
You're not the only one. I thought too much of open play was shown using the touchline cameras, showing very little other than the ball carrier and the immediate surrounds. For some reason the director was averse to using the high camera in the stands for open play.
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

Great game for me the issue at the end was immaterial. The ball was knocked on by Saints in the move so should have been a scrum to us.

For me also MOTM was AA. No one could get through him. They all tried Burrell; North and they were all stopped dead. His tackling was A1 and his link up play fantastic. Also great to see Thompstone back to great form, as well as Hamilton.

Great game; great performance but we need 50% move next week.

Cheers everyone.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

sapajo wrote:Thank you :smt023 No doubt unlike Cockerill no one will be calling or emailing the RFU to demand that he be banned from the pitch side :smt011
If true then he should not be getting a pitch side ban, aggressive behaviour towards the referee should be met with a complete ban from the game. It is completely unacceptable and if not met with strong punishment gives off a terrible example to young people starting out with the sport.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Not seen the game yet, but that result is both setting us up nicely, but it also sends out a message to the rest.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

Big Dai wrote:
kpj tiger wrote:Every player was outstanding today, Williams proved his selection over Flood with a great display, Ben Youngs is getting back to his best and the Pack was brilliant, and anybody who doubted Floods commitment to Tigers needs to see his reaction when he won the penalty for holding on - ALWAYS A TIGER!!!!!!!
I liked that bit too!
Anyone who thinks Toby would not give his all to the club is being disingenuous at best. He has always been a model professional who as captain led from the front. I for one am sorry to see him go and thank him for everything he has done over the years. :smt023
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”