Sarries Wembley attendance. Really?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ElvastonTiger
Tiger Cub

Re: Sarries Wembley attendance. Really?

Post by ElvastonTiger »

There were a few Tigers fans at Wembley. I thought I'd give my Champions 10 times cap a run out but I was put to shame by the Tigers fan gleefully waving his large flag behind one of the posts throughout H/T. :smt001
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Re: Sarries Wembley attendance. Really?

Post by DickyP »

There is a huge difference to being involved in the London double-header to arranging one clubs arranging of the 'big stadium' games.

It would be of no consequence to Tigers if we played at Twickers as the away team for one of the double header fixtures: it's been done before when there weren't 4 London teams when Harlequins went down and the fourth team was Leeds.

Similarly it's quite good when the other team gives up home advantage and we play our away fixture at the big two. After all we've not lost one yet - drew with Quins at Twickenham and Saracens at Wembley (and we should really have won both).

We are not, however, in the business of organizing such a fixture - it just doesn't fit Tigers business model, it supporters demographic profile, no I suspect (although here I'm surmising) the wishes of the supporters.

Let's face it the Tigers management would be upsetting 14,000+ ST holders: Saracens can barely upset about a fifth of that.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."