Kids on the terrace?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

h's dad
Super User
Super User

Re: Kids on the terrace?

Post by h's dad »

Noddy555 wrote:I was taken by my dad to watch my first Rugby match when I was 2 and a half years old. 65 years later I can still remember the thrill of it. Viva the kids on the terrace.
I'm glad you recall your first match and have such good memories Noddy. I'm afraid I can't remember mine. Apparently I was six weeks old and it was also my introduction to beer. Damn those irresponsible rugby players.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

I appreciate all the above replies but what happens when the youngster (in my case a short arsed almost 5 year old) wants to spend pre match time in the Junior Tigers club ? Then what happens if he is a mascot or one of Welfords little helpers. Their duties only end a few minutes beore kick off.
If they have (like I do since 2000 and the littlun for 2 years) season tickets for the Crumbie terrace and cannot get there because of the above, is he condemmed to stand at the back where they may be space? Because even standing on his litle stool he only comes to crotch height of the average UK male rugby fan. So he gets fed up and doesn't want to come to Tigers again.
I think the answer may be that Tigers should provide a 'family' area on the terrace where small children and 1 or 2 at most of the childs parents or guardians can stand without the fear of not being able to see or the child getting trampled on in the 1/2 time rush to the bar.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

For H's dad. I hope you still keep up with your love of beer, we should fill the occasional baby's bottle with it.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

APJones wrote:I appreciate all the above replies but what happens when the youngster (in my case a short arsed almost 5 year old) wants to spend pre match time in the Junior Tigers club ? Then what happens if he is a mascot or one of Welfords little helpers. Their duties only end a few minutes beore kick off.
If they have (like I do since 2000 and the littlun for 2 years) season tickets for the Crumbie terrace and cannot get there because of the above, is he condemmed to stand at the back where they may be space? Because even standing on his litle stool he only comes to crotch height of the average UK male rugby fan. So he gets fed up and doesn't want to come to Tigers again.
I think the answer may be that Tigers should provide a 'family' area on the terrace where small children and 1 or 2 at most of the childs parents or guardians can stand without the fear of not being able to see or the child getting trampled on in the 1/2 time rush to the bar.
Would it be all right if this exclusive area was down one end in the corner? I'd support that.
I could never get H in JTC as he always wanted to be on the terrace - which was a pain because I like to sit down.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Noddy555 wrote:For H's dad. I hope you still keep up with your love of beer, we should fill the occasional baby's bottle with it.
I do try Noddy, thank you. And so do H and his sister who are the players in the family.